Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It is that time

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan
    I think this one does fit in general. We have lost not only Heather in-game, but also as lead moderator.

I'd like to congratulate the ones who've made Heather's decision to leave such an easy one. I know she wouldn't say it here or in game, but the last few times I was around when she was logged in, it was as if she was hiding from people who were upset with this or that in the forums and were spilling it over onto her in-game. I still think some of what was attributed to her as far as forum moderation was not her doing. But, that is neither provable on my part nor up for discussion. However, as I see it, Horizons has grown a bit darker.

Heather was a multi-level 100 in-game who loved to help others with either adventuring or crafting. Some of you may never have known that she is a mid-50s woman who is housebound in permanent physical pain and duress. Many a time did we talk on the phone about how things were going both within and without Obsidian Order. Lots of tears were shed, lots of laughs were shared. She kept wondering why Imayo and I would never let her be kicked out of the guild because of her forum moderation duties. She always felt that she was the "black sheep" of the guild because of it, afraid she'd ruin our standing in the community. We kept telling her we were never going to kick her out because she belonged in our guild. She did. She came from a guild that broke her heart and we allowed her to heal. She needed a home and we provided it. I'm only sorry we couldn't keep her from being afraid of whatever retribution she thought others were going to do to the guild.

Heather, should you read this, you've been and will continue to be a dear friend. I'm sure we'll meet up again. My usual farewell doesn't apply because I'm not saying farewell. And if you're going to kick my ***, you're still going to have to come here to do it, unless I can get the rest of us to decide to take a road trip.
    please do not bring in moderation into this. If people were upset with her and she was hiding than it was her own doing and for that I feel absolutely no pity for her. When one makes their own bed they must sleep in it. Thats a fact of life that no one here has the power to change sorry.

also and btw MMO's aren't an episode of the waltons or little house on the prairie. When you log off real life comes back into play and for most of us the people in it are just pixels. if you let a game get that emotionally involved with yourself where it becomes an escape you have a serious problem on your hands.

But to the person I hope you can find a game that you can just enjoy. A bit of advice try not to get to mixed up in this same stuff again. It definitely interferes with your overall enjoyment factor.

Regardless Good luck Peaches and as said I hope you find a game that can give you no strings attached enjoyment and relaxation.

Take care

i do think farewells to the lead moderator belong in general. i respect what she did for these forums and believe whole-heartedly she did a far better job than almost any others would. i will miss her touch here.

Wow. I certainly didn't expect THAT.

This would be the third revision of this post, as I've been having some difficulty weighing in on this subject. Nonetheless, you deserve some parting thoughts.

About seven and a half months ago, you made a tough decision to support the new owners over the people that used post here – a decision I still disagree with. Because of that, I can't say you did the right thing, nor can I concede that you did everything you could. Whether or not we would still be in this current state had you done something else isn't what I'm discussing. I simply wish to point out that the choice you made left me feeling disappointed and to some extent, betrayed. I hope whoever will be taking your place has been taking notes during the past seven months and does not make the same mistakes.

That said, I'm convinced you felt you were doing the right thing and were not acting out of malice or spite. You spent your time here trying to make the situation better – time from your life that you will not be able to get back and spend elsewhere. I also recognize that you stood up for what you thought was right. For that and your dedication, you deserve commendation. Thank you, Peaches, for trying to keep this community together.

May you find happiness where you seek it.

Well HZ has lost one of it's most dedicated players. To have known Heater as one of her first Guild master and to consider her as a in game good friend, it is sad real sad indead. "sniff sniff"

I am not starting a debate so don't continue on this, it's a personnal conclusion from the events that have fold in the past ..... Yes we can blame people in game for having just her to pick on, and not to make the difference, but I blame the new owner for leaving her in that position to be the only pseudo official voice.

It is a sad day indeed. Heather I know it's not the same type of game but if you come visit EVEonline, look for "Nar Ti" or "Nam Ti", I'll present you to some fine folks and I'll be happly to fly my ship beside yours.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Can't say i am unhappy to read this post, to say the least, it just comes a bit too late in my opinion. I hope whoever does moderate now will have a different point of view than the precedent one and will be closer to the players in terms of communication. Though , as I had asked you to leave, for once, i thank you Peaches. ( It seems I will never know the exact definition of "very inappropriate posting ban" ho well, I can live with that )
    Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

Bye Peaches, and thx for the time you spend on this community!
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

IF

IF you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
    Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
    And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
    If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    'Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
    If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
    Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it ...

Rudyard Kipling

Peaches, this poem comes to mind right now. Reasonable folk can run the same observations through their minds and consciences and come to very different conclusions -- it happens all the time; it has happened here in this ephemeral little community of ours. But the one thing that will remain with each of us long after Horizons has become just a collection of screenshots is the knowledge of who we showed ourselves to be by our words and actions, and who we know ourselves to be by our intentions.

From where I sit, you showed yourself to be the person that Mr. Kipling was describing in the poem. You gave your word to do a task, and you kept that word, all the while upholding what you felt to be right. You were never mean nor unkind even when personal attacks and insults were being flung at you from all sides. And you quietly helped a lot of folk very generously more times than anyone knows. Whether others agree that your idea of what was right was correct or not is completely irrelevant – reasonable folk can disagree, but the courage to hold to your conviction is unmistakably there for all to see.

Only you know your own intentions in all of this, but having spoken with you so much for so long, I'm pretty confident that kindness, service, and promoting light over darkness in the world were driving them.

So regardless of any differences, now that all is said and done, I applaud your tenacity; your integrity in holding to your own conscience; your long service given from the heart. And I'm happy to still count you my friend. I'll be seeing you soon in other worlds and I'll miss you in this one.

Oh, and thanks again for all that construction you did so I could go hunting!
    Last edited by Eileen Mavourneen; March 12th, 2007 at 12:22 AM.
    Eileen Mavourneen, Fury of Feladan, Remembers Ilvoldi Evanar

Nicely said.
    Very nicely said.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Aw, Sorry to see you go Peaches how ever we didnt really met I know you did much for us!

Farewell Peaches, thank you for your dedication. You will be missed.
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

To those of you gracelessly taking parting shots at Peaches:

Shame on you
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

Take care, spiffy.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Unhappy goodbye peaches

i never had anything against you personally. i always understood that you had two seperate, tho related, roles and i (as i believed i have indicated elsewhere) am able to distinguish between the two.
    having never played with you in game, i cannot speak to your value in that arena. so that leaves your role as moderator.
    as far as that goes, you did your job as well as you could. you had constraints you had to work with, and we, as posters, had no access to knowing what those constraints might be. so, a lot of your work was misunderstood, and attacked or critized thru that misunderstanding. you took those attacks with good grace and that is telling.

i am sorry if you have become unable to continue. i have been in other arenas where good and important peeps were chased away by immature noobs with no history and no desire to discover how things worked - they merely wanted to things their way immediately. if this is your situation as well, then i apoogise if any action or comment of mine has contributed to your decision.

whatever the situation that lead to your game demise, it is apparent that you will be missed by many peeps. i hope that you will remember those friends and the enjoyment they provided, and i hope that you find something equally as enjoyable to succeed it. believe me, i know nothing will be able to replace it......
    farewell, peaches, and may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

To quote Carly Simon: "Don't it always seem to go, you don't know what you've lost til it's gone."

Think hard about that . . . .
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Farewell Peaches, never got to meet you in-game, but your voice on the forums will be missed.

Drelohan
    (dragon hatchling that may never learn to fly)

I'm sorry you're leaving Peaches; I see you did so with grace and class. I hope it's an example to all.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

[quote=Tantalyr]To quote Carly Simon: "Don't it always seem to go, you don't know what you've lost til it's gone."quote]

not enough ale for that Tantalyr

Lady Peaches, you will be missed, i posted in the Order also but it seems to me that i should also speak to you here aswell. I want to thank you for all the time we spent in game. I had no issues with you there or here. I just wish others would say nothing if they had nothing good to say.

*places catnip about Tobrez in hopes to see Lady Heather pass by*

Roguar the Zerker
    Drinker of Ale
    Order, Scions
    Roguar the Zerker
    Drinker of Ale
    Order, Scoin
    why can i not sell hoard to a PB?

Good bye Peaches, the game lost more than it's apparent from this decision.

Without strenous supporters like you, Horizons may now fold as it was appropriate 1 year ago.

It's sad, but I certainly hope that it makes your day a little less frustrating dealing with all the negativity! I hope you find some wonderful community with which to share your enthusiasm soon!

-Tyme AKA HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Goodbye Peaches, you were an asset to the game and the forums. If you feel you've done the best job you could, you can leave this game with satisfaction. Hope your wanderings amongst the MMORPG worlds take you to Middle-Earth!

Thread Information