Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HZ Community Poll Comments Digest #2: Vexed Voices

Quote : Eileen Mavourneen
    >No, Rhialto, I mean because WE, the community of Horizons players, >maintain this forum for ourselves and this is the face that we show to the >world and each other. The space is provided for us, just like rooms in a >hotel or a boarding house, but it is US who live here, not the absent >proprietor -- it is US the world judges by the way we maintain our living >area. We deserve to look like the reasonable, helpful people we are rather >than like an angry mob or a day care for screaming toddlers, even when >we are unhappy with the situation we are in.

I sometimes wonder when americans can see that their complacency is not the right answer to wrongdoings done to them, no matter what abuse it is. Being reasonable and helpful to eachother is not the answer to people abusing kindness. Sometimes you have to be firm and stand up to reality and take action to confront the abuser of your hospitality and patience.

Sometimes you have to stand up for what is right and make a stand for letting yourself be trampled over while being taken advantage of.
    Pretending to all love eachother is not healthy in real life and also not in virtual reality.

I guess some people are different than others and still have an intact instictual defense system that fights back (with words) instead of just
    letting them get away with the "no communication" stance. In a sense, I think, even while I not even play the game anymore I fight harder for it,
    by not being complacent, than others that still play and just have chosen to roll over and die because they think all hope is lost anyway.

Once in my life I said to a boss (after he said I should take his option to
    keep my job) that "sometimes it's better to Fight and lose, than not fight at all". And that has everything to do with not giving in to people using
    doubtfull practises even when the consequence is losing your job and security in real life.
    In this respect my morals and principles stand high and tall above any fear
    or security in life... and I trust in GOD to protect me, which he does.

That's why I can't understand people that just "accept" everything, and
    by their complacency become more or less complicit in what the others
    do in their name. And this also has meaning outside this virtual game... (Like guantanamo)... where is the outrage... It's human..
    It's healthy... and should be expressed.

I know This does not make me popular but since I am used to walk alone if needs be and fight whole company's by myself, I don't care.... The only thing I know is that I keep my dignity and will go down fighting....
    As you see I did not like crafting.. I am a pure bread soldier of ************,
    and that feels better to me than being complacent or accepting the inevitable demise of HZ (or the real world). What I always hope
    is that others also begin to feel "the Holy fire" raging inside again that makes us human and that together we CAN use our power to change bad things into good things. And make HZ and th ereal world in the paradise
    it could be if we really wanted and dared to put our whole being in the
    struggle and trust in the spirit that we possess..

Maybe i am the last Don Quichot... But like I did fight in HZ, I also fight
    in real life and I am proud of it... I hate violence but I will never "shut up",
    and just accept people that do others wrong. and GOD knows this ;P,
    for at some point even GOD noticed .... (but that is out of this context).

The Magic is alive ... but you have to dare to awaken it.. you have to open
    the 7 seals ... thats all...
    Rhialto,
    100CHSW/100WIZ/100CON/100CLRC
    The Iron Watch
    Ice Server

Perhaps people could move to a newer more stable world. Istaria is about to be sucked into the withered aegis' black hole, from which nothing will ever escape, moving (together) before the complete disconnect might be the better way to keep in touch with our friends. New adventures do await...

Guaran `at` gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    Perhaps people could move to a newer more stable world. Istaria is about to be sucked into the withered aegis' black hole, from which nothing will ever escape, moving (together) before the complete disconnect might be the better way to keep in touch with our friends. New adventures do await...

Guaran `at` gmail.com

the withered aegis haven't been seen since before the world shake up. No what plagues Istaria now is not the aegis but something much more sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhialto
    than others that still play and just have chosen to roll over and die because they think all hope is lost anyway.
    You're making an assumption here. Most of the people that still play do so because they are still having fun and have things still to complete (those that are allowed to play that is).

Also, many have seen the futility of railing on the boards for communication. Why continue? When they choose to break the silence, they will. In the meantime, getting more and more angry isn't doing you or anyone else any good. Accept the situation and move on. If you haven't seen by this time that nothing is going to "force" them into doing something then you're living in a pipe dream.

Frankly, I doubt they will say anything until they have something to put forward.

What that means to the blight players and the Unity players, I'm very sorry. No word in all this time must be very frustrating but probably is a good indication that it's time to move on. I don't say this with disregard to how horrible you all feel at the loss of your worlds and your characters, but getting yourselves worked up over not getting any updates is only doing yourselves more harm.

In a way, it would probably be easier to be told officially that your worlds are dead, your characters gone and then you have that finality, that last ember of hope gone and you can move on.

Perhaps they haven't done so because they are still trying; I don't know, but I don't think you can expect them to break the silence because of posting on the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by BKBanzai
    Also, many have seen the futility of railing on the boards for communication. Why continue? When they choose to break the silence, they will. In the meantime, getting more and more angry isn't doing you or anyone else any good. Accept the situation and move on. If you haven't seen by this time that nothing is going to "force" them into doing something then you're living in a pipe dream.
    so what difference does it make to you? your post is just as pointless as anyone bitching and moaning because its equally futile. at least screaming on the boards gives someone a chance to vent and also makes for interesting if not useful discussion.

so what difference does it make to you? your post is just as pointless as anyone bitching and moaning because its equally futile. at least screaming on the boards gives someone a chance to vent and also makes for interesting if not useful discussion.
    Because public "venting" is not very classy and makes us all look like spoiled 2 year olds who didn't get our way. See my prior post. Your venting rights end where your neighbor's nose begins -- none of us has the right to make a difficult situation worse by fanning the unhappiness to rage. Generally, to continue the analogy, venting poisonous or harmful substances is required to be done away from crowded areas.

If this continues to deteriorate from Justa's eloquence to a volley of "you're bad because..." "no, YOU'RE bad because..." then I'll have to close the thread.
    Eileen Mavourneen, Fury of Feladan, Remembers Ilvoldi Evanar

Right now I have some goals, being rather new to Chaos, little over a year now. Both my girlfriend and I have gotten our dragons to ancient and we're working towards the triple 100's. On our bipeds we both have the goal of the full 100 on both chars and to finish all structures on our plots and lairs.

I think by then, if nothing has changed it will mean moving on for the both of us if the game is still running.

The biggest job we have ahead is a T6 hall we want to build together and once that part is up what kinda of challenges will there really be construction wise.

Besides the time consuming part that is.

Fun has always been a part that you only can make together with friends. I do have to admit that seeing many of my friends leave and seeing many login sparcely together with the poor quality (high lag and such) of server performance combined with spawn changes that were put through with best intentions by Tulga. It's making things alot harder.

Because public "venting" is not very classy and makes us all look like spoiled 2 year olds who didn't get our way
    does protesting against X = venting = 2 yr olds ?

should people just shaddup when they have been lied to, cheated or in some way abused ?

do people get to ask questions important to them with a tinge of their anger showing ?

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran

Guaran `at` gmail.com
    Would that become the "Event Horizon?" just before we perish into the black hole <snickers>
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage
    Would that become the "Event Horizon?" just before we perish into the black hole <snickers>
    *chuckles* Yes, and just keep in mind -- WE wont perish, we escape at the very last possible moment and live happily ever after, Withered-Aegis-free in other lands. Well, Withered-Aegis-free anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyMan
    should people just shaddup when they have been lied to, cheated or in some way abused ? do people get to ask questions important to them with a tinge of their anger showing ?
    Generally, when folks need to take care of those problems, it's a good idea to take it up with the other people involved rather than take it out on someone else. Only the other players are left here in this forum for now. When there's a problem with your paycheck, do you go to your friends' apartment and beat them up for it? Scare their children with loud angry yelling? Probably not, you probably respect your friends so maybe you commiserate with them over it a bit without ruining their day, then do something else til you get it solved by the right folk? I think that analogy serves here. Use your judgement, you'll do fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunuke

The biggest job we have ahead is a T6 hall we want to build together and once that part is up what kinda of challenges will there really be construction wise.
    so dragging a disc around is considered to be a challenge? Woo weee the MMO community has sure set its sights low for what is considered to be a challenge these days.

thats not a challenge for anyone. But rather an opportunity to spend time with someone close to you . Which isn't bad at all and is actually good. But to use the term challenge .....

Quote Originally Posted by MadDwarf
    so dragging a disc around is considered to be a challenge? Woo weee the MMO community has sure set its sights low for what is considered to be a challenge these days.

thats not a challenge for anyone. But rather an opportunity to spend time with someone close to you . Which isn't bad at all and is actually good. But to use the term challenge .....
    Actually it is a challenge. Since a lot of the T6 materials aren't readily available as a resource, one must pray for "bonus" T5 harvesting to make things (See "Tri-Cuts" and "Adamantium").
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Only the other players are left here in this forum for now.
    It would be a shame if that were indeed fact.

When there's a problem with your paycheck, do you go to your friends' apartment and beat them up for it?
    No, but I am in the HR department making some noise about it and those in the area might overhear it. Lil different since this is supposed to be a way to communicate with the owners of the game.

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Quote Originally Posted by IndyMan
    It would be a shame if that were indeed fact.
    When I find any clue that it's otherwise, I'll let you know.

Hmm... Somebody needs to be spanked for derailing the thread! J/K I'd rather see some sort of discussion going on than none at all.

The poll is now closed and I'm in the process of putting together some sort of summary. How many ways can you tally a poll? A lot, it seems. You'll see what I mean in a day or two.

I'll give you this to think about though:
    (out of 210 responses)
    61 I consider myself an experienced, active player.
    54 I'm on hiatus, I might return if the game improves.
    54 I left Horizons, I'm not coming back.

Hmm... Somebody needs to be spanked for derailing the thread! J/K
    *blushes* Sorry Steelclaw. We are looking forward to the last installment of your poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen Mavourneen
    When I find any clue that it's otherwise, I'll let you know.
    So if I understand correctly you have no contact with the owners whatsoever. That says a lot... if not everything.

I think its better for the owners to declare Unity and Blight dead,
    or come clean with what they are still trying.

At least you have publicly taken your distance from the owners which is a good thing for this makes people on this forum at least realize that the forum is only a place to chat to eachother. At least this discussion has brought some light in the darkness.. so you see, it is usefull to make posts that I do, since it in the end exposes the truth which we have a right to know no matter how painful it might be to awknowledge.

ps. and keep the 2 year old players out of it, they are just sweet and innocent and dont need to be attacked without being able to defend themselves ;P It's already a real accomplishment for them to play HZ!!
    Rhialto,
    100CHSW/100WIZ/100CON/100CLRC
    The Iron Watch
    Ice Server

Thread Information