Thread: You can call it Lone Star State, the Yellow Rose, whatever...

Smile You can call it Lone Star State, the Yellow Rose, whatever...

But in two days I will be calling it home.

Many of you knew of our plans to move to Texas after Quantum's graduation... well it is now happening.

Q found a great job in Fort Worth and we closed on a beautiful home on March 9. I am loading up the wagons (U-Haul) today and heading west at sunrise tomorrow.

www.lostintheattic.com/new_house.htm

I miss you guys, and wish I had the heart to still be playing. But seems when I log in, I just get depressed and miss the old days. So, for now I am still hoping and praying that something good comes to Istaria and in the meantime you can find me on WoW, Alliance, Maelstrom server.

*hugs*
    Lex
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cool house! I wish you happy living there. The garden needs some HZ tree building though

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Wow! Nice house!

*takes a deep breath*
    I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT! IT WANT IT! I WANT IT!!!

*gives lex a mithril tiller, a lot of cow poo, and a bag of grass seed*

Welcome to Texas Lex Just in time to enjoy our 2 week of spring before 7 months of scorching summer
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

*chuckles at Aria*

Indeed Lex, welcome to the Lone Star State. Drive south about 90 minutes--along the backroads mind you--to have your breath taken away by the bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrushes. Do it quickly, for as Aria rightly said it will only last a few weeks until your electricity bill hits the roof from air conditioning costs.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Oh come on you two...105 for 2 solid months isnt THAT bad. I would say it is a dry heat...but I would be lying.
    Welcome to Texas. I hope to be back there myself in 2 months

Thanks all!

What parts of Texas do you guys reside in?

I am packing up the computer in the morning, but I have my laptop and hopefully I will have wi-fi at whatever hotel we find tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by LexDivinia
    Thanks all!

What parts of Texas do you guys reside in?

I am packing up the computer in the morning, but I have my laptop and hopefully I will have wi-fi at whatever hotel we find tomorrow night.

welcome to fort worth!

from the pics, im guessing you might be in the north fort worth area? I live up there, and it's great.
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

Houston myself--Gulf Breezes, pine trees and the occasional hurricane.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by tjl
    welcome to fort worth!

from the pics, im guessing you might be in the north fort worth area? I live up there, and it's great.
    Actually we are on the south side of Ft. Worth. In between Edgecliff and Crowley. I have never been to this part of the state, so I am hoping I like it. I have liked every other part I have been to!!!!

PS, anyone know if Elren still plays on Chaos? If so, can someone get him to send me a message. I know he also lives in the Houston area.

[email protected]

<---- Dallas here, in the 'tri corner' where Addison, Dallas and Plano meet. I think you'll like Fort Worth, they have a beautiful downtown area (much nicer than dallas imo). They have the Stockyard shows and Arlington is nearby, where the Ballpark is and soon to be the new Cowboy's stadium. I don't envy you the traffic out there, although now that the Tollway's under construction again I can't say much. Have you seen Office Space before? That intro, them stuck in traffic, is pretty accurate of the area. I think they filmed it on LBJ but 121 and 184 can get just like that in rush hour
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Woooohoooo!!! Cowtown!!! I used to live Northwest of Fort Worth...in a little town named Azle. Was a great place to grow up. Graduated from NTSU (UNT) in Denton and got a job in Dallas at a large industrial complex on the Northeast corner of LBJ and Central ;-). I miss Texas. I now reside in the Great Lakes State of Michigan. Not bad. I love the snow in the winter. And the 4 seasons. In Texas you had 2 seasons...green...and brown. ;-) But you didn't have sub-zero temps and sub-sub-zero windchills. Sheesh...there are tradeoffs for everything.
    Drasdil Redin
    100 Paladin
    Order Shard

Is good you found such a great house. I'm living next door in Arizona but the bottling company I work for ships to Fort Worth. We do miss you on Chaos.

Will again be living in the Killeen Area, about an hour or so N of Austin

Thread Information