Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When its time to bury HZ?

Well try to look at the situation from different sides/positions:

Would you still be optimistic when your shard would be shut down without any word?

Would you still be optimistic when you got triple billed for you account?

Would you still be optimistic when you got banned from the forums because you had a billing problem?

You can count on the list, it will be endless. Try to change your sight of the situation, then go figure.

Ps.: This is NOT to be meant a personal attack or something.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

i have been through worse. maybe that is why i am still optimistic here.

the very point of being an optimist woudl be to go through bad trials and still keep a positive attitude....

Note noone said "blind" attitude, but positive attitude. There is a difference. To me Awdz is displaying a positive, not blind . One can be upset and even angry at the way things are being handled, and still have an optimistic attitude.

But then again - why are we railing on each other?
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz
    All he is saying is that someone is tending the game, even if it is not openly or nearly as effectively as you want.

There are still some of us diehards that realize learning the code and applying it would easily take over a year even for little events. Please do not get angry at us for having hope.

It is horrible that two of the shards remain down, that the characters you put so much of yourself into are apparently just gone. I have no answer for that, I really wish I had something helpful to tell you. You may be absolutely correct in your assessment; please forgive me for hoping you are wrong. I confess I am an eternal optimist.

To a limited extent, these do happen now. I believe it will improve in the future.

Ultimately I dream of a relaunch with an expansion once the furor over the newest two releases (VG & LotRO) calms a bit. In the meantime, I enjoy the time I am lucky enough to have; I wish I could give you your world back *sigh*. If you can access Chaos or Order, you are welcome to begin anew with us there.

I know you disagree with my outlook, but as I said, I am an eternal optimist.
    Awdz, I'm not gonna degrade you for having hope...but I do ask for some realisism here. And I don't think that it is unreasonable. Something along the lines of recognition, as in 'things are super messed up, two shards are down, people are being cheated out of money, and the owners haven't bothered to say ******** thing about any of it for 3 months..but I still hope things will take a turn for the better as I love this world and don't wish to see it die'. That is fine. But a development team? Like we will ever recieve a patch? I'd gladly eat humble pie if that time ever comes, but FACE IT, there will NEVER be another patch for this game. Doesn't mean its not fun, but realism here folks, some fuggin realism would be really appreciated.
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

I have left this game a bit ago... after being triple billed on 5 accounts. You all can do the math on that one. Did I ever contact PMEIIEIO on it? Nope... contacted PBT and they where on the ball... corrected the problem quicker than I could log into the online banking to verify it!

To have hope for this game is certainly commendable. I applaud all those that do. I did love it here, and I certainly miss me little plot in South March.

However, the current owners of this place, and thier current abscence... they are the ones who killed Horizons. Plain and simple... PMEIIEIO is 120% responsible. Realism would be for every last person that is left to take their anger out on them. But then again, that would also be a fruitless effort.

True, there may be plenty left for some to do in game, but heck... the billing is totaled beyond belief... cancel your cards and atleast play for free. Thinking it would be much less painful to know that atleast it isn't costing you anything...
    It is better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done.

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage
    It is sad to watch the endangered species (Fanboius Rabidtus) in the final throws of existance. It is painful to watch as the poison courses through their bodies as their lungs fight to intake air as their system shuts down due to lack of oxygen.

Sorry, but most of us have evolved and adapted to survive in the new harsh reality. Faith is a commodity that manifests itself by the fruits of labor that blossom from those that would lead others. Renewed faith is such like seeing a miracle, or an event that has touched the lives of those who follow the faith brings rejuvination to a belief system.

So far, there have been no miracles, no events, and no indication that there is anything left other than a mere skeleton of the mighty that once stood on the face of Istaria. Because one recovers from a cold is not a miracle, the same for having a quest fixed. It is the word of a religeous heratic running around proclaiming the glory of the future of Istaria and its inhabitants, that can be good and damning in the same sense. There are some that keep the faith, but don't need to be preached at.

Take this as you may, citizens of Istaria, our faith is our own, and not the ones who keep the world alive for us to exist in. If we had faith in them, our society would have self-imploded months ago.
    Wow that's a bunch of flame bait trolling hypocrisy if I've ever seen it.
    Bite the Kitty!!

Pinch a nerve, did I Paladin?

Here... Reading ftw (in a nutshell):

Players will be responsible for making in-game events, get-togethers, and general fun. EII / PME will not be providing the food and beverage so it's up to us to provide others with entertainment. The days of patches and fixes, new content, and the hopes for a quest or two, are now just dreams and hopes, but not reality.

Reality is: We have a game we can log into, enjoy the existing content, and continue to chat with friends in guild.

Again and again it's the same few people who insist on adding non-contributing posts to a thread only to provoke... sorry... were you one of those "fanboius Rabidtus" I referred to? I appologise.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage
    Pinch a nerve, did I Paladin?

Here... Reading ftw (in a nutshell):

Players will be responsible for making in-game events, get-togethers, and general fun. EII / PME will not be providing the food and beverage so it's up to us to provide others with entertainment. The days of patches and fixes, new content, and the hopes for a quest or two, are now just dreams and hopes, but not reality.

Reality is: We have a game we can log into, enjoy the existing content, and continue to chat with friends in guild.

Again and again it's the same few people who insist on adding non-contributing posts to a thread only to provoke... sorry... were you one of those "fanboius Rabidtus" I referred to? I appologise.
    Once again you prove just how completely clueless you are.
    Bite the Kitty!!

Justa is a lot of (good) things, I assume

But he never ever has been clueless!!

Please folks- do not fight here, a PM will do just as well- lets show them, that we do not need a mod to keep us civilized.

AWDZ: I had the same attitude as you have- as long as I had a shard- I remember a day( last day before Unity was shot down), when I was the only one on the server. So I sat down in the dunes of Kion and watched Istaria all alone...

As I said

how does quoting people and typing:

"Wow that's a bunch of flame bait trolling hypocrisy if I've ever seen it."

and

"Once again you prove just how completely clueless you are."

are not in itself flames and flame baiting, those who throw stones should not do so in a glass house, and, these statements do not add to the "topic" of the thread, they are merely a disgruntled poster whom is upset at another poster, otherwise your statements would never have shown up in this thread

This is why threads get locked or deleted. So please, stop trying to derail this post and put something contributing to it. If you disagree with my post above, make a post that disproves it, or adds to it, but to attack the poster with utter nonsense just shows your true motives.

(Of course I will be waiting for yet another "flame post" it's expected!)
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34

How are my flame post any different than yours?
    Bite the Kitty!!

My post was on topic, the topic of "When is it time to bury HZ?"

My point is, the time of Fanboism and support from the community is gone for EI. Our only support is the players themselves. The players don't support the company that pays for the bandwidth, but support each other. EI / PME lost our support but haven't lost our spirit to play and have fun with "what we have."

Our guild has many new "Unitarians" joining as beginner level players. More spells and scales to make, more armor and weapons to build. When the players stop helping each other and the environment becomes unwelcome to even new players, that is when we should start digging a hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin
    How are my flame post any different than yours?
    yours was specific to a person, his was generalized. that is the difference ... as IF you did not know this ...

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

so much debate

This game is finished there is no recoveryt possible. To many big budget titles in the pipe and revamp of some oldies which will revitalize things for those games. Horizons just can't compete I'm sorry.

Its obvious to anyone with half a wit of common sense that PME/EII got in way over their heads on this one. They believed some amatuer programmers ( DE and one other ) could take and back engineer horizons code and work on it. Sadly they were mistaken .

So unless PME is trying to sell the game , which they cant because they do not own it yet and I am pretty sure they haven't paid Baker everything. Then.......

Horizons is dead and so is Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.

Time to declare it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrentennimara
    I find this a very flippant response.

There are a lot of us who don't play anymore, but that doesn't mean we care about Horizons any less. And it also doesn't mean that we're trolls either. You didn't make yourself look very good....

I don't play anymore, I love Hz, I care about Hz, and I want Hz to come back to life. I suspect a lot of us do.
    I am with you on that one. i was her at this games birth, and from that point i have loved it, but even i could only hold on to dreams and hopes for so long. even today i still have a glimmer of hope something will change. I still firmly believe this game could be the best with a bit of tlc. the intricate craft and housing system make it most worth while. while EQ2 may have a more involved crafting, its too tedius, and besides that NO ONE ive seen has a world where you actually can see your work progress

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire
    3 signs of life:

A. You are correct. There are players still playing. Some new ones show up occasionally, though a lot of those seem to be Unity people who have given up hope for now and just want to play.

B. Maintenance will always go on and take only the slightest amount of effort on their part. Mainly because if there was no maintenance, the game would probably quickly degenerate to unplayable. Not only would that cut off the easy money they are getting for keeping the servers up, players get angry and leave when they can't play, but it would also probably get them into more hot water with Chris Baker for destroying what little monetary value that Horizons has left.

As for point C, I have seen no attempt to contact the playerbase in months. I read the forums every day and I play every day and have not seen one sign of a PME employee other than someone saying they saw Dark Enigmaa. Big deal. I'm impressed. Way to go support for the customers. I'm feeling loved. PME/EI gets flamed cause they deserved to get flamed. I will in no way shape or form accept any blame for the state of the game because I wanted answers to legitimate questions and was met with evasion, diversion and possibly outright lies. Then was censored when I protested such treatment. As was most of the other 'mal-contents' that post in the forums, including those that have been permanantly banned and deleted. 50% responsible my ******.

This ownership has firmly established how they intend to go on treating Horizons at this point to my mind. Just how they are doing right now. If you feel that they are going to change their ways and hire real honest devs and fix problems and improve performance, I would surely like a hit of what you are smoking cause I'd love to feel I can grow wings and go fly around with my dragon.
    rofl

very well said.

I for one still love HZ. I played Hz habitually for about 2 years. I miss the game that i once loved more than anyone probably should miss a game.... if that makes sense. HZ was my first mmorpg that ive ever played. I made the best friends ive ever had in the game world and the system is hands down better than anything ive tried since. Im ashamed to admit that ive "tried" at least 6 other major mmorpgs since. I am currently still a paying customer ... from what ive been reading ... thats probably a very dum thing. I just cant bring myself to cancel my account. I put .. quite literally, over 200 days (over 4800 hours) .. at least, into this game .. and my toon. Hell , i still havent finished my tier VI guildhouse that i was tryin to build. I spent well over 80g and an arse load of time into it .. and as far as i can tell ... the tier VI resources still arent available like they should be.... i mean .. its been years! .. The lack-O-updates and the blatent disreguard for biped content (in my case ... the adv side of the game mainly... not to mention the lvl cap never getten raised... as promised sooo long ago.. like 3 owners ago) or advancement .. or .. attention .. whatevah.. someone out there knows what im tryin to say i hope .. its just real frustratin seein somethin i love so much go to shite. Well .. im still prayin that somethin will happen to improve my fav game, but honestly .. i check these forums so rarely that i just found out all of this shite about us havin another new owner .. and apparantly the worst one by far yet. What ive read tonight has really made me think about canceling my account. If anyone has any input id love to hear it .. ill try to check the forums fer replys , but ill post my email here just in case someone wants to tell me somethin private and ill be sure to get the message ... who knows .. maybe an ol bud will see this post and ill be able to speak with someone ive lost due to the "inattention and Lack-O-Love" weve gotten from the devs or owners .. or whoever runs the show now or then (whenver it started goin to shite ... possibly as long ago as when we merged and I lost my Shadow shard.)
    Well .. to those that know/knew me .. i miss yall and hope to hear back from some .. ive been lost without my HZ.

Bhalzamon GM of The Dark Council / 1st lvl 100 Cleric and Spiritist on the Shadow Shard / Sprt Disc 100 / Conj 100 / Shaman 100 / Battlemage 100 / Paladin 100 / Mage 100 / Sorc 79 / Ranger 76 / Wizard 72 / Berz 62 / Healer 60 / KnoC 50 / Bloodmage 33 / Guardian 32 / War 31 / Rvr 29 / Spearman 26 / Chaos war 21 / Monk 20 / Scout 20 / Druid 18
    Spellcrafter 100 / Mason 40 / Miner 16 / Sckaller 10 / Jeweler 2 / Outfitter 2 / & Blacksmith lvl 1 (almost lvl 2)
    ......... no matter what happens to Hz ... ill always have my Bhalz

I nosed back in. Just to see what was up. I was actually encouraged to see this much activity on the board, seeing as how when I logged in the other night there were 33 people online. Very sad.

I think this is the fate of MMORPGs which fail to show a profit. The reasons have been harped on for years and there's no reason to go into that anymore. Perhaps the game will go until it needs some sort of serious investment -- if a server melts down and needs to be replaced for example. Then again, with 33 people online the server software can probably run on my old 600 MHz comp just fine so maybe even that won't kill it. Although maybe nobody at EI would want to spend the time to move the software over.

But with no new work being done it's going to get more and more dated. Already it's DirectX8 graphics aren't looking real great compared to more recent stuff and the comparison isn't going to get any better.

I'll probably be logging on occasionally anyway until the servers are shut down. Or until somebody else comes out with a game featuring playable dragons. Or until their account woes shut me out.

I think this is the fate of most failed MMORPGs (failed as in fail to show a profit). They don't die, they just fade away.

------------------------------

This is the REAL Gerix. Ignore that imposter in Kion. This Gerix was born the day the game released.

On a side-note: most people online are invisible these day...

Quote Originally Posted by Amerelium
    On a side-note: most people online are invisible these day...
    hmm whats the reason for this?

you do not have to use who counts or to even note that people are on invis to see there arent many playing the game.

The tumbleweeds that blow by and seeing virtually no one all the time is pretty much proof positive of that.

But having ones head in the sand is a common trait unique to those that play and have played Horizons.

Thread Information