Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When its time to bury HZ?

Default When its time to bury HZ?

i dont know whats going on, i wondered if there is any information about the closure of HZ?

IF the rumor is true, then they can go on as long as people are being charged.

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Quote Originally Posted by IndyMan
    IF the rumor is true, then they can go on as long as people are being charged.
    which in PME/EII's case is about forever....

Why do you care ? You don't play anymore.

i dont care, im only curious ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin
    I would imagine if he didnt care... he wouldnt bother checking the forums... I dont play anymore either but I do miss the Horizons of old that I fell in love with.... and i check the status periodically in the small hopes for some good news that will bring me back.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    Here it is Flindar, I know HE doesn't care.
    Just another troll.

Lots of people care about the game, just not for the thing that pretends to run it

In general
    Don't bury anything unless you're absolutely 100% sure it is dead. Otherwise you are commiting murder.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Unless there's a change in ownership, it's dead.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

I find this a very flippant response.

There are a lot of us who don't play anymore, but that doesn't mean we care about Horizons any less. And it also doesn't mean that we're trolls either. You didn't make yourself look very good....

I don't play anymore, I love Hz, I care about Hz, and I want Hz to come back to life. I suspect a lot of us do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    I find this more flippant, as you say. Having read many of his messages, I think it is a troll.
    Last edited by Zexoin; March 26th, 2007 at 07:23 PM.

I find this more flippant, as you say. Having read many of his messages, I think it is a troll.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Default 3 signs of Life

A there is still a Player base (which is still there but fading)
    B there is some sort of Mat going on
    C they every once and a while attempt to make contact with us ( However , we as a community base gang up and Flood them with Many Questions and if they don’t answer we Flame them so in essence we are about 50 % Responsible for the shape our game is in

Take Ownership of what we all have done maybe if we admit to the wrongs we committed in the Initial take over they might speak to us more Openly with out asking Lawyers how to respond to these interrogations that we Put them throw .

Note: I am guilty of the same as all of you and I am willing to admit I was wrong in the First months.
    Last edited by lightning claw; March 26th, 2007 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

3 signs of life:

A. You are correct. There are players still playing. Some new ones show up occasionally, though a lot of those seem to be Unity people who have given up hope for now and just want to play.

B. Maintenance will always go on and take only the slightest amount of effort on their part. Mainly because if there was no maintenance, the game would probably quickly degenerate to unplayable. Not only would that cut off the easy money they are getting for keeping the servers up, players get angry and leave when they can't play, but it would also probably get them into more hot water with Chris Baker for destroying what little monetary value that Horizons has left.

As for point C, I have seen no attempt to contact the playerbase in months. I read the forums every day and I play every day and have not seen one sign of a PME employee other than someone saying they saw Dark Enigmaa. Big deal. I'm impressed. Way to go support for the customers. I'm feeling loved. PME/EI gets flamed cause they deserved to get flamed. I will in no way shape or form accept any blame for the state of the game because I wanted answers to legitimate questions and was met with evasion, diversion and possibly outright lies. Then was censored when I protested such treatment. As was most of the other 'mal-contents' that post in the forums, including those that have been permanantly banned and deleted. 50% responsible my ******.

This ownership has firmly established how they intend to go on treating Horizons at this point to my mind. Just how they are doing right now. If you feel that they are going to change their ways and hire real honest devs and fix problems and improve performance, I would surely like a hit of what you are smoking cause I'd love to feel I can grow wings and go fly around with my dragon.

Vlisson has been a supporter of the game for years, it is hard to judge others from their actions during the darkest days of horizons...
    The game has been dead and rotting for 6 months now, it smells, and it makes people's head turn. PME doesn't care, they don't intend to fix the game, or make the billing system legal, they just want your money. It pisses people off, don't judge those by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire
    3 signs of life:

A. You are correct. There are players still playing. Some new ones show up occasionally, though a lot of those seem to be Unity people who have given up hope for now and just want to play.

B. Maintenance will always go on and take only the slightest amount of effort on their part. Mainly because if there was no maintenance, the game would probably quickly degenerate to unplayable. Not only would that cut off the easy money they are getting for keeping the servers up, players get angry and leave when they can't play, but it would also probably get them into more hot water with Chris Baker for destroying what little monetary value that Horizons has left.

As for point C, I have seen no attempt to contact the playerbase in months. I read the forums every day and I play every day and have not seen one sign of a PME employee other than someone saying they saw Dark Enigmaa. Big deal. I'm impressed. Way to go support for the customers. I'm feeling loved. PME/EI gets flamed cause they deserved to get flamed. I will in no way shape or form accept any blame for the state of the game because I wanted answers to legitimate questions and was met with evasion, diversion and possibly outright lies. Then was censored when I protested such treatment. As was most of the other 'mal-contents' that post in the forums, including those that have been permanantly banned and deleted. 50% responsible my ******.

This ownership has firmly established how they intend to go on treating Horizons at this point to my mind. Just how they are doing right now. If you feel that they are going to change their ways and hire real honest devs and fix problems and improve performance, I would surely like a hit of what you are smoking cause I'd love to feel I can grow wings and go fly around with my dragon.
    But we are remember when Naf tried to talk to us remember what we did Point Proven
    as for smoking something i am a asmatic i cant smoke nor would i ever do anything of the sort to attack some one like that is BULL S--- you can be creative with the -

What i was saying bring the problem back to you. What did i do to inflame the problem. Players like your self can not be content with the game as it is for now than Pleas DO NOT spread negativity or act like a childed they tried to talk need Proof look back in the forms
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Whether or not they do anything more than maintain the servers, at least some of us get to play in the world we "grew up" in. My heart cries out for those whose worlds have been lost; I can only invite you to join us on Order (or those on Chaos, if you prefer) if you can.

I have adopted an "I'll believe the changes when I see them" attitude, but the static world still has so much for me to do in it that I plan to be there for quite some time yet. The community has wonderful people in it, and it is up to us to make the most of our time in the world as it is. For me, I'll skip waiting to be entertained and see what kind of mischief I can get into anyway. I've not done every possible thing I can accomplish yet! :-)

Besides, it's always nice to dream; even if they fade away undone, there is pleasure in the lovely thoughts. So I will continue on in the hope that someday things will be better... it beats getting depressed about what I cannot change! I would ask that those who are mad at PME/EII not trash talk about the game we all fell in love with at some point - some of us still love it and you may be hurting people you never intended to hurt when you lash out.

In the meantime, this eternal optimist will be scampering about Order shard. Hope to see you there! :-)

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default amen, my prodigal sib

Quote Originally Posted by Flindar
    I would imagine if he didnt care... he wouldnt bother checking the forums... I dont play anymore either but I do miss the Horizons of old that I fell in love with.... and i check the status periodically in the small hopes for some good news that will bring me back.
    i, too, no longer play...i don't think i could come back, even if i wanted to (i have vista now...), but i love(d) horizons blight and i would like (i am a masochist, you see) to stay with it til the end.

i agree with Zexoin and Fyrentennimara - i find the post very flippant and bordering on rude.

since we seem to enjoy outrageous analogies on this forum, i offer this qoute from pastor martin niemoller -

In Germany they first came for the Communists and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me - and by that time, no one was lef to speak up.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Yeah, I remember when Nagafen made his appearance here. He was greeted with cautious optomism by a lot of people that were very alarmed by their first EI experience, not a good one by any stretch of the imagination on many levels. I kind of got the impression that he did not want the job of talking to us, but since he was "marketing director", he got tapped. It did not take long to figure out that he had no answers to any of the questions asked, probably because there were no answers to give. I call that "evasion".

As to that "League of Historians", well we saw how far that went. 95% of all of the discussion came from ideas of the players, EI had nothing to offer. I will firmly classify that in the the category of "diversion".

Now, we come to their claim of hiring developers, continuing development improvements and fixes. I don't think that many could fault me for dropping that hard in the category of "lies".

Customer relations is not rocket science. I've done it myself. I don't like doing it, but I can when I must. In customer service, there is one unforgivable sin, not communicating with your customers no matter how much heat you take. EI/PME is in a customer service business first and formost. There is no running away and hiding under a rock if your customers take up their pitchforks and go on a which hunt. But EI/PME up and vanished, abandoning the angry customers but also their supporters.

And I will not sit quiet when a company does that. This may be a poor comparison, but what you are saying is a lot like what happens to a battered wife. She begins to think she deserves the beatings, abuse and neglect and does not deserve any better treatment. There is no way in hell that I would accept and take blame for the current situation like what you are seeming to do. And I will not sit quietly and let that abuse continue without comment.

But you know, for as pissed off as I am at this company, if they made an honest attempt to communicate and work with the community that remains to move forward, I would be willing to listen. When they earn enough confidence to be considered sincere in their attempts, I'll even be willing to help out. But their continued silence and inactivity is damnation in my eyes and I would consider it a grave injustice to do nothing but speak happy thoughts in the forums and let new players be caught unaware of what kind of company they are.

I speak nothing bad about Horizons itself. It is a good game that needed the attention of a dedicated staff to continue to grow and recover from it's poor beginnings. But remember, EI/PME did not create anything that exists in it today. They just pay the operating costs....maybe.....
    Last edited by Solitaire; March 27th, 2007 at 12:07 AM.

Thread Information