Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When its time to bury HZ?

They are, I believe still taking an interest in the game. When they have something positive to communicate, they will.

There are old players returning, some that have played from beta and left sometime after live, some pre-merge, some post-merge. There are also new players joining, I see at least 1 or 2 a week.

There's no shame in loving the game and wanting to see progress made, or keeping tabs on things and hoping that quest fixes, game updates, NADIA's prices will all be addressed one day.

Doomsayers have been posting for years now that HZ will die and it's still here, and will be as long as players still find content and enjoyment in what they're doing. I very much doubt that anyone has truly exhausted all there is to do and accomplish in HZ.

Quote Originally Posted by BKBanzai

Doomsayers have been posting for years now that HZ will die and it's still here, and will be as long as players still find content and enjoyment in what they're doing. I very much doubt that anyone has truly exhausted all there is to do and accomplish in HZ.
    are those the same people Bowman called Armchair quaterbacks when the vast majority of Beta players told them it wasn't ready ?

Its to bad Mr Bowman didn't listen to those quarterbacks back then and because he didn't your precious HZ wouldn't be on the verge of collapse. Maybe if more care was taken back then the game wouldn't be in the mess it is in now.

No this is much more than doomsayers vs willfully naive fanbois.

Fact is there are better games out now. HELL of a LOT better games coming out in the next 12 months. What is PME doing to ensure that Horizons can compete with whats out now and whats coming out ?

I believe that is the root of the issue here. Not some misguided set of beliefs that have no merit in fact.

He didn't listen to us ambulance chasers either...

Why do you care ? You don't play anymore
    I can't play anymore because my server is gone, and I care. And I don't have the real life time to grind a new character any more. What's out for me?

I don't play either, canceled right after I heard of the selling to EI, glad I did to with all the billing problems that crept up. I still check the forums at least once a week, waiting for some spark of hope I doubt will ever come. I've played several MMO's from UO onwards and Horizons is, to date, the only MMO that I still want to play, but I refuse to play a stagnant game without any new developments.
    This page intentionally left blank.

They are, I believe still taking an interest in the game. When they have something positive to communicate, they will.

There are old players returning, some that have played from beta and left sometime after live, some pre-merge, some post-merge. There are also new players joining, I see at least 1 or 2 a week.

There's no shame in loving the game and wanting to see progress made, or keeping tabs on things and hoping that quest fixes, game updates, NADIA's prices will all be addressed one day.

Can I have what you are smoking? it must be really REALLY good stuff.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage
    Can I have what you are smoking? it must be really REALLY good stuff.

It's not smoking, it's drinking the kool-aid

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Smoking?

You may want to stick your head in the sand and just paint them as uncaring villains, but I know that they are looking at tickets, fixing broken quests and taking an interest in player concerns.

They're not posting. That tells me that they're not going to commit anything that is going to get them complaints when they fail to meet a schedule.

I think they are trying with the resources they have available.

fixing broken quests
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahah

(Laugh extended due to character limit)
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Fixing what broken quests. Seriously. I havn't heard about ANY fixes. Also BZBanzai, they might have been answering your tickets but they havn't been answering mine. I have tickets that havn't been responded to in months. Heh and you'd think they would want to answer those ones as it's me trying to get them to fix my account so I can pay them. Four tickets. One in October, one in November and Two in December. All with the same topics and all got one response saying we're sorry that it took so long to respond and how the issue was important and to them and was being forwarded to billing to be taken care of immediatly. I havn't gotten more then one response on ANY of them and the last one was sent over three months ago. So excuse me but I am on the side of EI not doing anything for us.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

I didn't say patches, but stuck quests, I'm aware of 2 for certain that got fixed.

It sounds like the person that responded did what he could, he forwarded your billing problem to the appropriate department, which has been unable to fix the problem.

But it should show you at least that someone LOOKED at your tickets and took some action.

I'm not saying they can fix everything, but I think that where they are able to do something, they have and are continuing to pursue long term goals with the game.

I very much doubt that we'll see anything in the next 9 months, as far as patches go. It could even be longer than that. But that doesn't mean that they're just sitting back doing nothing, just that they're not able to do the things that many of the players that have left are looking for, i.e., new content.

Vliss,
    thy for opening a thread, that makes us discuss and talk to each other.
    Not the first one and I hope not the last

And I know that you do care-by some means or other^^

Xeox: I sense your comment some kind of cruel: Lot`s of us CAN`T play-
    for different reasons (not only the ones who have lost their shard)-
    and we still DO care.

However- most of us left in this game some of their heart-blood (as we say in Germany)

Many characters.. never spent time on the fourms.. only registered to fix an account problem with a second account a long time ago because tickets were (and are more then ever now) nonesense.. the only thing I can say and I will leave it at this is: "Not part of the solution, its part of the problem.". Where do you stand?

Dont wanna see the game die, but im personally running out of ideas other then standing back and watching. Seems the company made it evident that they dont care anymore (Once upon a time.. I had faith.). I shoulda went ahead with the projects I was working on instead of place my trust in a new company.. Well, time will tell here if I can rebuild them again the resources I have even though im lacking a little in manpower now.. As for the trolls..Zex is right. Take your aggression on the company, not the players who are still left..that offered to help you all restart again on a new server.. Yes, my offer still stands fyi. All you need to do is contact me with what you need. (ANYTHING besides event techs, PLEASE!..I HATE those..)

Now to jump back out of this as quickly as I entered and remain quiet and think to myself, "Man.. I need a new sig."..
    We seek only that is wich in our hearts, for no greater foe then ourselves there is.
    Leader of Silver Dawn community.
    Forums: http://forums.ravenhawk.us/index.php
    Gallery: http://www.ravenhawk.us

Learn, share, grow, ascend..

It is sad to watch the endangered species (Fanboius Rabidtus) in the final throws of existance. It is painful to watch as the poison courses through their bodies as their lungs fight to intake air as their system shuts down due to lack of oxygen.

Sorry, but most of us have evolved and adapted to survive in the new harsh reality. Faith is a commodity that manifests itself by the fruits of labor that blossom from those that would lead others. Renewed faith is such like seeing a miracle, or an event that has touched the lives of those who follow the faith brings rejuvination to a belief system.

So far, there have been no miracles, no events, and no indication that there is anything left other than a mere skeleton of the mighty that once stood on the face of Istaria. Because one recovers from a cold is not a miracle, the same for having a quest fixed. It is the word of a religeous heratic running around proclaiming the glory of the future of Istaria and its inhabitants, that can be good and damning in the same sense. There are some that keep the faith, but don't need to be preached at.

Take this as you may, citizens of Istaria, our faith is our own, and not the ones who keep the world alive for us to exist in. If we had faith in them, our society would have self-imploded months ago.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

But it should show you at least that someone LOOKED at your tickets and took some action.

it does NOT show that someone took action, other than the reply to his email. i guess you might count that as action though.

the boat is not sinking it's the water that's rising.

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Common people, we all know that they aren't interested in giving us any information and we all know very well we have a few among us who love to throw in some bones to see us chew on it till we're fighting each other.

I have never seen any game run worse then by PME/EII, I think we all can agree on this, even GN did a good job on customer service compaired to these guys.

The only reason why we are still playing this game is because of our love for the game, because of the time we have invested into the game, the friendships made and the potentional of the game.

As there has been absolutly no new communication from PME/EII we can all know that this burying is all hearsay and that should be ignored.

We should try to remain having fun in game and doing the things we have enjoyed doing with our friends for all these years, even though we see alot of these friends leave to other games.

I'm not promoting the game here for the companym I'm promoting us having fun once more as we used to have not to think for just one day about how crappy we are being treated, not to think about tomorrow just the moment we are having fun.

Memories like that first time you went into the ED and encountered the Son of Gigaroth, I know how it was for me. I was running around with Sunuke being lvl 98 ice disciple thinking I could handle anything that was out there, as ever since I got level 40 adventuring had gotten so much more fun playing ice disciple. The first thing I thought was that there had to be something wrong, a monster of such a high level with so many hit points. So I asked around and before I knew it there formed a group and we were fighting it.

Or the memory of the first community structure finished, this must have been one of the many bridges around.

There have been so many fun things around and there are still. Each time the developers made changes we, the playerbase, were creative enough to find ways around those to show them they were wrong in changing it as it didn't change much only the patthern.

We the players of Horizons make this game and not PME/EII!!!

This is the most important rule nobody should ever forget.

Thumbs down gerrrrr

Wishes i had the Power to lock this thread
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Heh, her actually. But yeah. All it proved is that they looked at it long enough to send a response that was almost the same each time and then sent me onto the ignore pile. I mean you think it wouldn't be that hard to get a company to let you give them your money. On the plus side I have been playing HZ for free for the last 6 or so months since my credit card ran out.

Now, Lightning Claw. There is nothing wrong with this thread. If you do not like it do not respond in it. This thread give the much needed chance for the citizens of Istaria to tell what they are really thinking. Only when opinions are honest can rational discussion occur. A lot of these thoughts have been on the minds of players for a long time and we saw recently that just deleting threads and silencing them maybe isn't the best thing to do.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

I didn't say patches, but stuck quests, I'm aware of 2 for certain that got fixed.

It sounds like the person that responded did what he could, he forwarded your billing problem to the appropriate department, which has been unable to fix the problem.

I'm not saying they can fix everything, but I think that where they are able to do something, they have and are continuing to pursue long term goals with the game.

I very much doubt that we'll see anything in the next 9 months, as far as patches go. It could even be longer than that. But that doesn't mean that they're just sitting back doing nothing, just that they're not able to do the things that many of the players that have left are looking for, i.e., new content.
    *nods nods* yes, after all they are still assembling their development team correct? and the league of historians is right on track! oh, and billing is fixed too, yup yup. And unitas will be online any day now, and we're gonna see those blight transfers go through!!
    /sarcasm off

Dude, this goes so far beyond some patches. Anyone here still left fricking knows there will be no more development. The 'give them time to learn the code' is a dead horse and frankly noone cares any longer. We just want to play our characters on a stable shard. Hell, for Unity and Blight, just to play their characters again on ANY shard. And for billing to work, to manage an account...

Patches, ha! *shakes head laughing*
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

All he is saying is that someone is tending the game, even if it is not openly or nearly as effectively as you want.

The 'give them time to learn the code' is a dead horse and frankly noone cares any longer.
    There are still some of us diehards that realize learning the code and applying it would easily take over a year even for little events. Please do not get angry at us for having hope.

We just want to play our characters on a stable shard. Hell, for Unity and Blight, just to play their characters again on ANY shard.
    It is horrible that two of the shards remain down, that the characters you put so much of yourself into are apparently just gone. I have no answer for that, I really wish I had something helpful to tell you. You may be absolutely correct in your assessment; please forgive me for hoping you are wrong. I confess I am an eternal optimist.

And for billing to work, to manage an account...
    To a limited extent, these do happen now. I believe it will improve in the future.

Ultimately I dream of a relaunch with an expansion once the furor over the newest two releases (VG & LotRO) calms a bit. In the meantime, I enjoy the time I am lucky enough to have; I wish I could give you your world back *sigh*. If you can access Chaos or Order, you are welcome to begin anew with us there.

I know you disagree with my outlook, but as I said, I am an eternal optimist.

Thread Information