Thread: Horizons Favorites

Default Horizons Favorites

So what is everyone's favorite things and memories of Horizons?

There was this one night in Bristugo when Giffard and I sat down to talk, some friends ported through Bristugo and I had them sit next to us for a group shot, soon more and more dragons ported in and we asked everysingle one to sit down for a group shot. Well the group got so big we had to make it a circle and we complelely encircled the pad with dragons, when out pops Lilhunny the gnome. We must have been there for at least an hour being entertained by the various bipeds that would port in, we had squeeking entertainment by Lil hunny and even a boxer fashion show by some bipeds. I think Valornyx actually made a desktop picture of it from his shots.

For anyone who remembers the April Fools day jokes Tulga played on us, there was one in particular that was very entertaining....all 5 horus of it lol.
    The devs decided it would be funny to make invicinble sand beetles. Once again I was in Bristugo with Lasivar and we saw a group of people go rushing out of Brist following a group of sand beetles. Of course seeing sand beetles in Brist was an odd thing so of course went to investigate. there were about 10 people fighting them in teh beginning, then someone decided we should drag from Bristugo all the way to Harro, just to see if we could do it. Well the group thinned down to only 6 myself, Lasivar, Ranqthas, Kailyd, Jerko and Sspiteful. It took us 5 hours to drag those things from Brist to Harro, but we did it, and had a lovely sit down picture session with the beetles and guard at the Harro pad.

I believe it was on Canada day last year when the chickens, inlcuding El Caliente, invaded NT. It was hilarious seeing all the youngins run around wacking around a flock of chickens and seeing tons od dead chickens ont eh ground in NT. It was also entertaining when a friend of mine got mysteriously ported out of NT and ended up in the middle of nowhere, that of course required some investigation until we found that the wms were ported higher lvl people out of NT so the younger players could have a whack at the chickens.

Ahh yes, when Daknor was introduced, I being the curious hatchie that I was had to go and find him for myself. So I ran down to the newly blighted zone, darting across the road from hill to hill trying to avoid all the nasties and watching brave lvl 100's battle the creatures out there. After the 2nd run down there I was sitting on a hill and finally saw him, the big green glowie kwellen that he was. But seeing him wasn't half as fun as being a lvl 20 something hatchie and making my way down there lol.

So what other fun experiences do you guys have to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Soars
    There was this one night in Bristugo when Giffard and I sat down to talk, some friends ported through Bristugo and I had them sit next to us for a group shot, soon more and more dragons ported in and we asked everysingle one to sit down for a group shot. Well the group got so big we had to make it a circle and we complelely encircled the pad with dragons, when out pops Lilhunny the gnome. We must have been there for at least an hour being entertained by the various bipeds that would port in, we had squeeking entertainment by Lil hunny and even a boxer fashion show by some bipeds. I think Valornyx actually made a desktop picture of it from his shots.
    Dragon's in Bristugo Desktop

I like the fact that "Flame Shield" made it look like we were toasting them too

Opening the satir islands...

killing the crystals on it... which was a major undertaking at single lvl 80 Wizard.
    Rhialto,
    100CHSW/100WIZ/100CON/100CLRC
    The Iron Watch
    Ice Server

Building the Satyr mines... I got to where I could run to the Morning Light and Dralk mines in my sleep, and I think I did a few times

Being the first person on the Shadow Server to find the Shadow Dragon when he was introduced to the game. I died really quick, but I got some good pics (I was the server scribe at the time).

Dodging the Avatar of Pain and his comrades while out searching for a plot and getting attuned to various towns.

Building bridges that opened up new islands to explore and build on.

Ahh, the memories

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Owning my first plot, only to be asked by someone if I wouldn't mind moving to a slightly smaller one just so he could live next door to his friend only a day or so later. I moved, planned, and was ready to build, then my guild asked me to move to a larger plot they'd found in the plains above Tazoon. Ok, so, tear down and plan there. Yet, before I could start worrying about building there, it was merger time. PLOT TOKEN. We scouted all the new guild plots, Imayo and myself, and came up with a list of good ones that we wanted to get. Got all our plot tokens figured up and started running cash up to add to the bid, but you could only buy plots by EITHER plot token OR cash, not both. In the end, Obsidian Order bid on about a dozen guild plots. Then waited for the announcements. As the larger plots dwindled from purchase, we had no fear. We didn't get our number 1 plot choice (Pangai). Instead, we got our number 2, Nong. Oh, and the largest plot token submitted owned the guild plot. Me. Great. OK, so I build up the main plot and get shops set to go.

We ended up selling Nong to The Iron Circle to get coin for plots in Acul. We still have those.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Playing "Dodge the Dark Stalker" while gathering Oak (when Oak was there and not Nayguk ogres) This then changed from dodge the Dark Stalker to "Dodge the wandering minions" that were dragged in by the AoP but then splintered off in their own groups, including a "bronze golem" LOL (maybe he was tagging along for the PL opportunity)
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Smile =d

Ah man Soar. those were the days =] We were itty bitty hatchies back then!! Other than that. I have to say my best Horizons memories would include the day that I met you and then met Shartan right after that =] The beetles of course, When you, Kaeaja and I would hunt Amethyst Ogres =] SUPER HATCHIES!!! When you, Kaeaja, Bratcat, Glaceroth, Benjamint, Luthen, Shartan and I would all get together out on Island of Ice to hunt. And lastly! Guild hunts with my guild The Alliance =]

OH!!!! AND THE ESPARAGUS KING!!!! (The Blight Anchor)

Piles of dead draggies and bipeds =] Death Point collecting =]
    Lasivar -- Ancient Lunus Dragon -- 100 Dragon Adventure -- 32 Dragon Craft -- 12 Dragon Lairshaper -- proud guildie of "The Alliance" -- Chaos RETIRED

Yeah, by the way, I CAN'T SPELL

Thread Information