Thread: To Sleep, Perchance to Dream

Default To Sleep, Perchance to Dream

*sighs heavily*

I've put off making this post as I want it to be brief, but I feel I'll be rambling a while. I've gone over and over how I could say goodbye, but I can't come up with anything.

After struggling with the decision for six months now, I did not renew my subscription this April and have cancelled it. Those who have read on RR (Or know me personally hehe) my personal struggle with this decision know I did not make it lightly.

I always thought, from the first month, I would be here until the lights turned out - no matter what. And up until recently I still held to that. But after recent events with EI, the servers being down with no response, etc.etc. - I could no longer justify sending them my 12 bucks a month in support.

So Frith-rae is now sleeping.

This community above all others is great and wonderful. You guys are what has kept me the last year, still trying to keep the faith, struggling to login even when my friends list is full of people who no longer play. You always greeted me happily and made me feel better just for being there. My dragon is my spirit, and never in a million years did I think I'd be dispirited enough to give her up.

I can't list all the names I would need to say goodbye to - I'm afraid I'd leave some out and I'd feel horrid. Just know that Dawn and then Order - you were the best servers a newbie to the MMO world could ever have hoped for.

This was my first game, adn I am thankful. I learned many things from this game, good and bad - and in the end it was certainly worth it all. In the end, I learned just how wonderful an MMO community can be - and how small games and communities are better than large for just that reason .

Our own little "Cheers" the dragon channel, my best introduction to online RPing in KCERoleplay - let me see how really engaging and great roleplay can be - above and beyond what most games do which is mostly "Hey how ya doin" and "woo drinking parties". A special thanks to all those who adopted our guild's found dragon language and sprinkled it throughout the shard - showing that truly a community can come together for deeper roleplay and support of one another. A heartwarming "glit'sita" to meet us wherever we go - to know that our efforts to create an atmosphere were not only well received, but continue on .

Truly a dragon and a person could want for no better support and friends these last few years - and it is with a heavy heart I rested Frith for the last time in the lair entrance last night and said my goodbyes to those who were online.

I shall be on the forums as long as I am able - for it is my true hope that the company one day provides the support this community deserves. On that day, I will be happy to refork over my money and fly Frith-rae free again.

For the dragon who never reached ancient, out of protest . I stopped at 89 3/4 and started lair building. I look forward to one day returning and visiting the Rift that I have never seen. And finishing that lair....one year.

I don't know what else to say but I love and care for all you guys - and I think about you all the time, even when I'm not in game. And I shall continue to do so - for this game and its community hold a special place in my heart.

If you wander to other worlds you can find me:

As Koriani on the Feathermoon Server in WoW
    As Frithrae on the Silverlode Serve in LOTR
    As Frithrae and Frith on the Landroval Server in LOTR
    and eventually as Frithrae when Chronicles of Spellborn goes live.

I keep my name throughout my games, so if ever you wander a world and see a Frithrae, or a Frith, (Or a Koriani though noone here knew that one) - give a shout out. Odds are, it will be me.

And I shall love to reaquiant myself with you all again.

~~

The great blood red dragoness walks up the lair ramp in Chiconis one final time. To lay her body in her resting place, where so many months were spent telling stories to hatchlings in the shadow of Chiconis Portal. She thinks on all the hatchlings she was Honoary Auntie too with great affection and bittersweetness at those who have gone to sleep before her. She rests in the mouth of the cave to her lair, up against her bonded mate Allon, and lays her head facing outwards towards the shrine. To hopefully awaken once more, but if not then to be entombed in the lair that meant so much to them - and made possible by the community that cared so much.

As she drifts off to sleep, a voice in her mind reminds her, "Go Then, There are Other Worlds Than These..."
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

welcome to the dark, cold nowhere, Frith.
    You might not see anything, anyone-
    but we all are here
    tryin`to keep in touch
    and waiting
    and dreaming
    and hoping
    that
    one day-perhaps- we`ll spread our wings again
    and meet in the heavens of which world soever

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Thanks, Frith-Rae, for being our secretary, our forum rep, and one of the best known dragons on the shard. I hope this is only temporary and that we'll see you soaring above our heads again. In the meantime, safe travels, Threadfree skies, the wind at your back, and may it always bring your sails home.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thread Information