Thread: long time, long post

Default long time, long post

well well, its been a long long time for me here. if there is anyone out there who remembers me, im XenoDrake TheLightBringer from Order, and even longer ago, a world once called Spirit. I also had a very energetic, albit tiny and winged daughter named Glimmers Red. i left the game, oooh, bout a year ago now i guess, spent alot of time wondering around Azeroth. been thinking about coming back and bringing some friends with me. wondering about a few things. like, whats the game like now, same ol same ol, or new stuff? im sure alot of the people i knew are long gone, but are there lots of new people? being a loner was ok for me back in the day, so the lack of volume in members wasent a problem, i injoyed the quality of the community here. many of my friends from here i still have. the people i want to bring with me though are accustom to a world in which hundreds of people can be seen at an auction house. im sure my plot was reclamed by now, or myre got it, which i told him he could have it this time if i didnt keep up on it. i wont make him give it back to me again, ill work for a new one for myself and my friends to make a home. has the in game system changed any? still buggy in some things? i know most of the old bugs where only annoying if you let them be, the game was more fun then the bugs made it a hassel for me. whats the state of the company that owns it too. i here rumors of either a shut down or an expantion, or possably a Horizons 2... any news?

as for myself, i got into trucking, here soon ill be getting a laptop powerful enough to run HZ a few times over, and a cell signal booster for gaming on the road. ill pop into the game a time or two in the comming weeks as me and my friends try to deside where we want to go. personaly, i want to rediscover istaria all over again with a pack of new and old friends. right now though for them and for myself im fishing for opinions on the sate of the game and such. thanks for your time ^^

-Xeno

Default Re: long time, long post

Tulga was going to start working on an Expansion to Horizons, but they sold out to EI, who then became PME, and I think its safe to say, that for all intents and purposes, that expansion is history, and will probably never make it to the game anytime (soon).

Heck with the expansion, ANY updates, or fixes would be highly appreciated, but sadly, I don't forsee those within any sort of near future....

To give you a clue, it has been three-quarters of a year since the sale to EI/PME, and they still do not have the billing fixed. In fact, EI/PME has had Savage Eden for, how long now, and their billing is still UNSECURE, and even unlawful. How they can continue to operate the game is beyond me.

--Dhalin

Well, I can't really say what the community is now like on Order since I play on Chaos, but I can give you an idea of what has been happening since you left. A browse of the other threads will help you out as well.

First of all, the financial backer of Horizons decided to make a quick buck and sold the game out from under Tulga. The sad part is that brought to an end all thoughts of expansions or whatever. The sadder part is the company that bought it is totally incompitant both in handling the game and in handling the community. They kept none of the Tulga staff. They recieved little training in how to run the game even though it was available. They created an illegal and insecure billing system then moderated/deleted/silenced those who found and protested it. The screwed up the old billing system beyond belief and it has been that way for the better part of a year now. There will be no new content. No new bug fixes. The confectioner revamp, which would have had a fairly big effect on the game play, was left partially completed complete with bugs and other changes that caused hardship. They destroyed the Blight server with a couple of days notice. Unity server died and they made like they were going to start it again on the Blight hardware but no dice. I could go on and on, but whats the use, it has been gone over repeatedly elsewhere in the forums. And now that there are no moderators left, negative things about them are able to stay. We were moderated so harshly that you could not utter a single thing bad about them without it getting deleted and possible bannings/deletions of accounts. Populations are way down. New players are rare. The world stagnates. And the game lingers on in a slow, painful process of dying. For a while, the new owners protested that they were treated unfairly by the players. But as their true nature and incompitance became glaringly obvious, they have hid their heads in the sand and won't even acknowledge the players anymore.

So that is about where we stand, more or less. Again, I hate to say don't play and I won't. Horizons is still Horizons. Just come at it knowing what you would be getting into. And to think, a year ago I was optomistic about the future of the game.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Welcome back XenoDrake. Order shard has lost plenty of people over the past year. However, we still have quite a number of veterans and have been seeing some returning players and some new ones from time to time. There may be fewer guilds now than there were. I've seen plenty of Scions, House of Morrigan, Silver Dawn, Maelstrom, Crafter's Haven (I think that's the guild name) and several of our Obsidian Order members. Oh, and for what it's worth, Tagath is at 49, finishing up the last quest he can find before 50 and then he'll be leveling up for the hatchling scales and RoP (after nearly 4 years).
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Glimmers i dont have your plot, and if i remember correctly you still own it. Everything is likely the same as when you left. Im not around much any more but i do pop in from time to time. Good luck if you decide to come back.
    Brazius of the Five awaiting the Feast

Hello Maiyr, how are you these days? See PM.

22,23,24,25,26,27, 28, 29, 30 Ok give it a try.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Thread Information