Thread: Hey

Default Hey

Been A while since I played this game. I was wondering How Blight was doing and if everything is going great here. SO checking in, hopefully someone from blight remembers me

-Dren Fire (Saris Elemental Archer, lvl 68)
    Dren Fire

Default Re: Hey

I hate to say this, but Blight is dead. The new owners of Horizons, who are an inept and shady lot, destroyed it in a futile attempt to run the Unity database on it's hardware. They gave almost no notice at all. So not only did the citizens of Blight lose their home, but the players of Unity were given a lot of false hope but no resolution when their server was shut down and EI pretended that their "Unitas" was going to rise in Blight's place. It was a sorry affair, to be sure. Sorry, shameful and disgusting.

Some of the citizens of Blight still check in here and I'm sure that they will say hello.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

hi dren,
    you must be before my time, so let me assure you that blight was wonderful and marvelous and great and my home before i was exiled like the dali lama.
    there was 4 days notice over the xmas weekend for blighties to get the word that oblivion had arrived. the vast majority didn't even know they no longer had a home until they tried to login after the holiday.
    we had been promised plot and character transfers, but most of us realized and understood that those events would not happen.
    so, i welcome a prodigal sibling's return, but regret to inform you that neither of us has a home anymore to return to. gladly would i feast you at my plot in clearport, stuff you full of soup and stew and dessert and clothe you in party garb, run around with you and kill stuff or watch you craft.........but there is no where to do all that.

IF you can get an account (the billing system hasn't worked since late summer last year - i do not recommend attempting to use any information you do not want abused/stolen), and IF you can live without the support or updates, and IF you want to take the chance that it will all be gone with little or no notice, you can prolly still enjoy playing the game. apparently, peeps are very nice on order and chaos, and some blighties (last i heard anyway) have migrated to both, but i do not think most blighties or unity peeps are still playing. apparently, vanguard is the hot new game. i have played a very little bit of it, and it's no blight......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Dren! Where have you been old bud? I remember a PM a while ago saying you'd be back.
    It's all over man, PME terminated Blight, they used it as a cover story to close the eruopean server, part of that was also saying they would transfer our characters, which about six months later, shows it's not going to happen.
    I don't think any Blighters play Horizons anymore, after most playing for three years or so didn't appreciate getting kicked in the face by these new owners.
    We're spread out over WoW, Vanguard, LOTR Online, ect. Feel free to tell us what game your playing now if you are playing one!
    Good to see some words from you, though I can only wish they were under better circumstances.
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

HEy Dragor! ITs been Awhile. Sad to here what happned to BLight and the game, and yea I remeber that PM, Sorry I neever came back . RIght Now IM currently playing WoW With Trina, Raith, Astor and Gunter, on BOnechewer server. (name is drenaden, drenara drenny etc.) ANd hi to you Velvetta, Blight was a good server with a nice community and im sad to here it got laid to waste by the devs .

NIce to talk ot you guys again
    Dren Fire

Ahh, I was wondering where all those guys went, unfortunately my WoW experiences have basicly driven me off the game, if you would not mind tell them I said Hi, if they remember me, anyway.
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

nice to hear from ya Dren

Quote Originally Posted by Dren Fire View Post
    sad to here it got laid to waste by the devs .
    hehe, what developers? If there were developers from EI, i hope they got fired for trashing blight and unity
    Chromos - 100 Ancient Lunus, 100 DragonCrafter,100 Lairshaper
    Titles - Expert DragonCrafter - Expert Lairshaper

Heh heh what developers indeed
    fyi Flssssh , Siluket , Mighty , Soultaker/WingsOfWar have joined us on Aman' thul server of WoW along with a few of the Brotherhood's members
    got a nice revamp of the Conclave of Shadows running there now free from EI B.S and all having fun
    I see a year on the dweebs still have no idea how to capture a fart in a bottle let alone run or further develop HZ
    Peons !
    nice to see some of you posting i drop in from time to time so .....
    cheers bigears
    Thero

I play WoW as well, but on dragon Blight server. I may switch servers

Its Aman'thul laddie Aman'thul oceanic server thats where the blighters action is at the mo

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

trying to try out wow blight server, but keeps asking me for a auth key. i take it i have to buy the game first?
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Hey Vel
    go to
    https://signup.worldofwarcraft.com/t...yfreetrial.htm

ya can create your account and download it without buying the box
    after all the rigmaroll the server we are on is Aman'thul which is an oceanic server
    pm me if ya need more info

goodness.. how often does Aman'thul server stay full?

You will get the full msg from time to time depending on what time of day ya loggin in being an Aussie server and only one of a couple
    the que time is not large if you get one so ...
    look out for
    Siluket
    Ecology
    Mightye
    Therosiron
    Hamdrang
    or
    Drosdelnoch
    or if you prefer do a search for Conclave of Shadows and whisper any of em
    we are all alliance

Thread Information