Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Security and Forums Updates

Default Security and Forums Updates

Hello fellow Istarians!

We have completed our security updates and have updated the forums to vBulletin Version 3.6.7 (updated to Version 3.6.8 on 07.30.2007). Please post to this thread if you notice any problems with the updates we have applied.

Thank you,

Horizons Development Team
    Last edited by Istaria CS; July 30th, 2007 at 05:15 PM.

Default Re: Security and Forums Updates

Still not able to download patch/updates after installing game....."windows has blocked this software because it cant verify the publisher"
    I have made it my trusted site etc, still cant download.
    Maturity is overrated

Hi Olias,

This sounds like an ActiveX issue. To resolve this open Internet Explorer, click on the Tools drop down, select Internet Options, then the Security tab, click on the Custom Level button and then scroll down to "Download unsigned ActiveX controls" and change it from Disable to Prompt. Now try to login into Horizons and this time when you get to the ActiveX warning from Microsoft it should give you the option to install it instead of being forced to just click ok.

Let me know if this resolves your issue.

Horizon CS
    How nice to be able to post bouquets instead of casting brickbats. Your reply was quick and the information spot on and simple to follow. Today i was able to enter Istaria for the first time in weeks. Thank you very much for your help.
    Maturity is overrated

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Exclamation Re: Security and Forums Updates

How about deleting the X-rated post (WITH PHOTOS), please?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    How about deleting the X-rated post (WITH PHOTOS), please?
    Here here. I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it if I wasn't at work right now.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Cs Horizons i would like to talk about 2 major issues with one why has googel blocked all the istarian sites with there Program Bull dog and will it be unblocked soon i am unable to fly with my friends as long as googel has band the sights i have a screen show if that will help

the 2 we can handle throw pms

Edit
    Computer is being stubron and dose not want to web shot googel with the evidence
    Last edited by lightning claw; July 25th, 2007 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Sturbon computer
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

http://www.google.com/search?client=...=Google+Search

that will show you that my post is accurate and the forms and a few other sights are indeed blocked
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Hi Lightning Claw - please see this post: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16174

Horizons Support

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons CS View Post
    Hello fellow Istarians!

We have completed our security updates and have updated the forums to vBulletin Version 3.6.7. Please post to this thread if you notice any problems with the updates we have applied.

Thank you,

No; thank you!

....Eyes Horizons CS warily.

Please tell us you're not going to vanish again after this?
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

occasionally and recently im getting this "No input file specified" error when viewing the forums anywhere
    Chromos - 100 Ancient Lunus, 100 DragonCrafter,100 Lairshaper
    Titles - Expert DragonCrafter - Expert Lairshaper

Quote Originally Posted by Cromos_Swordbreaker View Post
    occasionally and recently im getting this "No input file specified" error when viewing the forums anywhere
    Ditto on this. So far after one or two retries the proper page does load.

Quote Originally Posted by Draygon View Post
    Ditto on this. So far after one or two retries the proper page does load.
    thirded.

though i seem to be getting it nearly every link click, and i have to refresh 2-4 times to clear it. if i click on the "view newest unread post" button, i cannot clear the error and have to back out and use the main topic link.

Sorry for the "No input file specified" problem. It should be corrected now. Let me know if it is still happening.

Thank you,

It's gone away for me

seconded

oh, and can you do something about that stupid "minimum of 50 characters per post" crap while you're here?

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Is anyone else having a problem with the "Quick Reply" button doing nothing? I can click on it to post, but the text window won't allow me to put anything in. I have to hit the "Quote" button then delete everything out to make a post.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

There is ye ole Post Reply button. But yea, quick reply isn't behaving. I'm glad its not just me. =p
    Chaos Kryu-Saris
    33 Druid,40 Cleric,17 Warrior,8 Mage,64 Carpenter, 54 Mason, 54 Enchanter, 43 Fitter, 31 Weaver
    Moragon-Dragon : 63 Adv, 47 DRCA, 13 LS

Shur:
    Actually during the maintenance on the forums last week I dropped the minimum characters down to 10

Kryu and C'gan:
    I'm going to be upgrading the forums in about 15 minutes to 3.6.8 which was released late last week, this should correct the quick reply problem.

We have just completed the update to vBulletin version 3.6.8. It turns out the quick reply fix in version 3.6.8 did not apply to the problem on the Community Forums, however we believe we found the problem and quick reply should be working properly now.

Thank you,

Thread Information