Thread: Korealia and Recall BUG (Yeah my first Bug ^^)

Lightbulb Korealia and Recall BUG (Yeah my first Bug ^^)

I bind to Korealia Shrine , Then go for some copper and tin Ore, Recalled to Korealia , Then go for some Copper , and on whole Korealia there was no Copper,
    and some Trees Won't Load ... Must Relog ...

Default Re: Korealia and Recall BUG (Yeah my first Bug ^^)

Thats an old bug, it ain't getting fixed... so just don't recall near resources.

I remember working with Jason on this to try and figure out what was going on ... It's seems to be client side, because there's no mass of 'remove biote' messages being sent from the server at the time of teleport or recall. This For some reason the client is unloading the resource node objects (or marking them occluded?) but since you're recalling without leaving the sector (or at least without leaving the influence of a particular resource manager) the client either never requests an update, or the server thinks you're already up to date since you verified OK, and never left.

If it was just client side, this would have probably been fixed as part of the object manager re-write needed to allow furniture to be buildable. All assets on hand were added to the database, but did not yet have forms, that would have been an undertaking on the scale of crystal drops or confectioner form entry...

Sure would have made carpenters happy though, and home-owners too I bet. :P

I wonder if that was fixed in the last client build for Blight. Not sure what was /broken/ in that build, or if it will even work on a live server. One way to find out. (http://patch.istaria.com/blight/horizons.exe)

Thread Information