Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hz to be brought back from the dead???

Default Re: Hz to be brought back from the dead???

Mmm... excellent. Now if I could just find a copy of my old signature somewhere. I lost it in a hard disk crash....

She wasnt really dead, just stagnate, vital signs very weak, very shallow breathing....but not dead

Quote Originally Posted by diabolis View Post
    She wasnt really dead, just stagnate, vital signs very weak, very shallow breathing....but not dead
    Would that be like a Coma??
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fratricide View Post
    Would that be like a Coma??
    Or the after effects of a ********.

*stretch, yawn*

True apathy was: never cancelling my account... ever.

I heard Amon was here?! WHERE!!! .. >.>

Anyway, yah, if its back, I am in desperate need of some CS Support... we still have a telnet IRC board lurking around somewhere? *evil grin*

Lunhilde of the Vandus March
    Chaos Server

Yay! I'm unbanned. Now I'm just waiting on a proper billing system that functions and has normal cancel abilities, and I'll be back playing the game too. It's been almost a year since I said my goodbyes here, and I never stopped watching and hoping to see this game put back in caring hands. Things are looking much brighter now

Glad to see you back Nayal!!!

-Menkure

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

totally off topic....

are you aware your name is both ancient and royal, menkure?
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Yep! Menkure, or Menkaure.. Mycerinus(greek name).. he was the 4th and last pharaoh of the 4th Dynasty of Egypt, and builder of the smallest pyramid at Giza.

I was fascinated with ancient Egyptian history, clear back to when I was about 5 or 6 years old. Menkaure was my favorite of the early dynasty rulers. His father and grandfather built the two largest pyramids at Giza, and they enslaved the whole population of Egypt do do it. When he became pharaoh, he first freed everyone (even slaves), granted all the rights of citizenship back, reopened the temples to worship, and reinstated the parthenon of the gods and goddesses to power.

When I created my character on Spirit, I went with the name.. it seems to fit the Egyptian theme the Saris had, and worked out really well.

-Menkure

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Red face Re: Hz to be brought back from the dead???

ooopppsss, i hope i haven't started anything.....
    in rl, i happen to be an amateur egyptologist - and one of the myths that really drives me crazy is the 'enslaved everyone to make (insert monument here)' thing......

slaves would not have been granted tombs, much less tombs in the shadow of the per-aa's. the monument building was carried out by normal egyptian farmers and craftsmen as a way of paying taxes. farmers also had something useful and meaningful to do to earn a living for the 3 months of the year the nile flooded.
    this is not to say that some slaves did not work on the monuments, but to say the pharoahs enslaved their populations to build is simply not true -
    the netjer themselves commanded - 'let your hands build, o people of the sun!'

sorry for the way off topic rant, but this discussion is def a hot button topic with me!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

The best is the little comments the archaeologists find that are the equivalent of construction company graffiti on the insides of tombs where the (dead) Pharoahs and the like obviously wouldn't see..

I believe the whole "enslaved everyone to make (insert monument here)" bit came from the writings of the Greek historian Herodotus, who was the one that wrote most of what we know, in terms of ancient lore, regarding that period of Egyptian history.. I would need to pull up his works and reread it, but I'm pretty sure he mentioned that Khafre and Khufu enslaved everyone in order to get their pyramids built so quickly. I do know that he was the one that mentioned that Menkure was the one that reopened the temples (which his grandfather closed) and restored the gods and goddesses back to worship.

-Menkure

Was Menkure's grandfather the one who tried to impose monotheism though military force as the first step to eliminating religious domination altogether and creating an atheist state? There is so much history, and so little time. I can never remember what happened when, where, and why.

With the return of so many familiar names and the lifting of spirits, this forum has gotten remarkably interesting and lively.

Double Dryface indeed.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Actually, the notion that slaved build the pyramids is a widespread misunderstanding in modern western culture. Egyptologists will tell you that the work was mainly voluntary, done in the dry months between the Nile flooding, when there was little for the general population to do, and the general populos looked upon the pyramids with great pride...

Quote Originally Posted by Menkure View Post

Yep! Menkure, or Menkaure.. Mycerinus(greek name).. he was the 4th and last pharaoh of the 4th Dynasty of Egypt, and builder of the smallest pyramid at Giza.

I was fascinated with ancient Egyptian history, clear back to when I was about 5 or 6 years old. Menkaure was my favorite of the early dynasty rulers. His father and grandfather built the two largest pyramids at Giza, and they enslaved the whole population of Egypt do do it. When he became pharaoh, he first freed everyone (even slaves), granted all the rights of citizenship back, reopened the temples to worship, and reinstated the parthenon of the gods and goddesses to power.

When I created my character on Spirit, I went with the name.. it seems to fit the Egyptian theme the Saris had, and worked out really well.

-Menkure

*yawns greatly*

"Minions... I told them to not awaken me unless it was either the end of the world or the end of Ei..."

*looks around*

"The end of Ei you say?"

I just hope befor they start pulling account & re-posess the plot they will be a garce period and e-mail drive to try to get the people to get their account fixed.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

It's been almost a year since I said my goodbyes here, and I never stopped watching and hoping to see this game put back in caring hands. Things are looking much brighter now
    It's 8 months Unity is dead and I lost all hopes to be able to return, but now... who knows, maybe they'll import the characters on the US servers? I'd be back so fast then...
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Wow, the mere thought of a newly active and living Horizons just about made me cry. I know very well that if things are stable again, I'll be taking to the skies again. I'm glad I still check back now again, else I would have never known!
    Perhaps I'll actually get around to digging myself a lair!

Order - Reilata - Still Lairless..
    Altoholoic

I am so going to log in tomorrow (if I still exist!)

Thread Information