Thread: Does the stand-alone launcher work?

Default Does the stand-alone launcher work?

I just re-installed the game, and am getting errors from the stand-alone launcher.

To my surprise, I still have an account (luckily the username/password to the site were still on my 2nd pc)

IE 7 never installed correctly on my machine and I cannot downgrade it (there's no option to in add/remove). I found a way to get IE 6 to run on my machine at the same time (via some google searches), but trying to launch the game that way gives me errors too.

IE 6 error dialog box:

Error Name: TypeError
    Error Message: Object doesn't support this property or method
    Extended Error Message: Failed Initializing .NET Control

I hate IE...love Firefox. Please tell me how I can get back into the game!

Default Re: Does the stand-alone launcher work?

Oh yeah, the error I get from the stand alone launcher is this:

Dialog box saying:
    Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction: http://horizons.istaria.com/DataAccess/hsp_Login.

I am currently utilizing the stand alone launcher... I did have to patch first through the web login though to be able to do that... It works perfectly fine for me after that. I think there was a Patcher update shortly after the version that is used on the download, and the Patcher itself has only ever been able to be updated via the website.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

This won't fix everything, but make sure you have the .NET framework 1.1 installed. You can download it here.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Thanks, I'll try to find a patch via the web site. I already have all the latest .net versions, updates and so on.

I even tried to get the game installed on my 2nd pc and I got the same errors there. I did get one error I didn't get on my main pc... the ocx used to launch the game failed to authenticate because IE had the company name of "unknown", so it got denied.

So, still trying different things and no luck getting the client to even launch.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

HappyFunBall, in your trusted sites, do you have the four for Horizons? That can block the .ocx. Also, I do believe someone had the .ocx file as a standalone download here in the forums as well as the run command to initialize it in the registry.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

HappyFunBall -

I am getting EXACTLY the same problem...

and I couldn't log in through the webpage in Firefox.. I had to download IE7 (grrr)...
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

No you do not. Just get the IEtab plug-in for firefox. That should work. AT least it use to work when I was running XP.

As C`gan pointed out, you will need to add 'https://horizons.istaria.com' to your trusted sites list in IE (tools, internet options, security, click trusted sites icon, click sites button, add site).

If you are having trouble with the .NET patcher, you can uncheck the .NET patcher checkbox on the pre-launch web page and fallback to the old one. Note that the standalone launcher uses .NET, so uh... you might want to get .NET if you want to run the standalone.

I have some troubleshooting and manual ocx installation instructions here.

IE6 should install the ActiveX control as expected. IE7 has a tendency to be stupid and refuse to install it, even if you say "install it". Running IE7 pretty much requires that you install the ocx manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    IE6 should install the ActiveX control as expected. IE7 has a tendency to be stupid and refuse to install it, even if you say "install it". Running IE7 pretty much requires that you install the ocx manually.
    I got IE7 to install it automatically, but I had to set almost every security option to "enable". I don't think that's a particularly good idea, even if it is just for sites in the trusted zone. Manual install is probably a better idea for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    No you do not. Just get the IEtab plug-in for firefox. That should work. AT least it use to work when I was running XP.
    installed it. Added *.istaria.com to the trusted sites.
    Still no active play button..

gotta use IE7 (that at least gets me in)
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Thread Information