Thread: What are the changes to the just recent Blight Patch??

Default What are the changes to the just recent Blight Patch??

as of 6:30 pm Est I recieved a patch on blight. Anyone have a clue what just changed?
    Chromos - 100 Ancient Lunus, 100 DragonCrafter,100 Lairshaper
    Titles - Expert DragonCrafter - Expert Lairshaper

Default Re: What are the changes to the just recent Blight Patch??

Per brown horizons login website:

Client 382.0.0

Terrain system overhaul:

• Terrain textures and shaders are now managed so that not all layers need to be loaded all the time, this should decrease client memory usage.
    • The terrain chunk lod rendering has been changed to render to png files instead of aei files, this should reduce the file sizes from 49k to roughly 15k. These images are now placed in their respective sector folders, as such the lodtextures folder and all of its contents are no longer needed.
    • The terrain clutter system has been slightly optimized, this should reduce the frame rate drop when enabling this feature. (Note: The clutter distance slider still allows for large distances which will still be very expensive, try keeping this slider near the 1/4 mark.)
    • The distances for terrain loading have been changed and the times when they begin loading have been optimized, this should help prevent terrain chunks not being loaded while moving around the world.
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

And how is the client working/performing now? Any (big/less) better?
    Thx for telling
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

I would perfer not to reply to the changes noted on open forums over the Blight update,
    Please pm me and I will give you full details of what I have found , as my connection is not great I cant jump on live easy to report it to a WM.
    AndyB
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

My experience so far is a drop in performance somewhere in the nature of 20 per cent
    frame rates in the wild did not rise above 18 fps ( sometimes as low as 15 )whereas before i averaged 22-25
    worse in towns such as Auggy and around last stand became unplayable
    view distance has increase which even set at minimum i can still see a looong way which could account for the drop in fps
    another note is i saw a quicksand effect on sandy stretches of land where the terrain moved
    sound on this creative card is still not working ala pre anderfraud buyout
    oh and post the new bug report email addy for us to ping this findings to
    cheers
    Thero

Theros, not to derail, but what Creative Sound card do you have, I have a XFi and the Horizons sound is currently working for me. It wasn't until I installed newer drivers from Creative, I think the version just prior to the current version of the driver fixed the problem with Horizons for me.

Drelohan.

Not sure what they did... But i know i can not log on blight now but i can on Chaos fine. I get to the clouds and then get disconnected with a transport error 12 (I think it is). LOL go figure i just get it to where that error 106 leaves me alone so i can actually play now (and not get disconnected every 5 seconds to 20 minutes) and now i can't log my little white hatchie on Poor Winterhart is going to feel neglected after all this lol

Quote Originally Posted by CottenCandy View Post
    I get to the clouds and then get disconnected with a transport error 12
    That happens to me if I use the standalone launcher. I have to use the website to log into Blight.

I log in via Website when this happenes

Thread Information