Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ok, who's the wise guy that rezzed... OH!

Default ok, who's the wise guy that rezzed... OH!

What??? So EI is no more, and some of the original crew have purchased the game and are planning to continue development???

SWEET!

This is only one reason I walked away almost a year ago... the very poor treatment that our favorite game was getting by EI and company. Now that those guys are gone, ( *spits on floor, muttering good riddance! ) My hope is that Rick and the boys will rise to the occasion!

With that said, I have decided to return, and when the billing system is fixed, will re-up for Lii and Aamer.

Here's to the future!
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Default Re: ok, who's the wise guy that rezzed... OH!

Great to see you back Aamar!!!!

Yes, the future is really looking up!

-Menkure

Here here, Aamer! If the new, old devs can get the game back up and running, I'd be more than happy to resub, even if I don't play that often. I just hope that our hope will be fulfilled, and we don't have to live through another crash. But knowing who is on the team makes that hope glimmer a little brighter.
    Ssilmath Torshak, Paladin of the Lost, Shaman of the Damned, Master Armorsmith

My other "crack would be cheaper" hobby
    http://ssilmath.deviantart.com/

*thumbs up*

Same here. I got an email from Solitaire the other night actually with the good news.

I'm definitely going to resubscribe, if only to help these guys out with their funding; I'm pretty into WoW now.. But it's still fun to pop in and chat with the old friends still hanging around, and that's reason enough for me.

~Mirsathia

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by Ssilmath View Post
    Here here, Aamer! If the new, old devs can get the game back up and running, I'd be more than happy to resub, even if I don't play that often. I just hope that our hope will be fulfilled, and we don't have to live through another crash. But knowing who is on the team makes that hope glimmer a little brighter.
    Elder Ssilmath, let thy waking be so, aye and let it be no long candle's burning ere it _is_ so. For thy blade I still hold and bear in my pack, and it awaits thy hand as ever it has.

Many and oft have I spoken that I wait till that blade may swing from might of thine arm, and many have smiled in the shadows to hear such words! Let them smile now from thy presence instead!

Aye, and let Bori Gift also wake, that the blade I hold for thee might again chase pell and mell through the market on his heels...

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
    Nobody and Nothing ever, save the Five do Feast
    A Fool that walks among the Wise

Holy crap. Now if we all take a roleplay turn to it, we're kinda like re-ressurecting after the WA waxed us a few years ago...

Had to be my most memorable moment in an MMO, not even on an RP server, standing at the gates to Eastern Blight with all those damned bone piles as far as you could see, and my guildleader shouting at the corpses, "Get up, ******** you, get up!"

AAmer buddy!

welcome back, Istaria felt very empty without you
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Hah! Awesome. I was going to Email you directly if I hadn't heard from you once the first Live patch went in from the new Vit folks.

Ambato still looks intact for what it's worth. My place in Selen is a bit bare, but I deconstructed and can rebuild again from my floorplans. Just a shame about my pretty trees is all.

Welcome back when it happens!

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Smile Re: ok, who's the wise guy that rezzed... OH!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirsathia View Post
    *thumbs up*

Same here. I got an email from Solitaire the other night actually with the good news.

I'm definitely going to resubscribe, if only to help these guys out with their funding; I'm pretty into WoW now.. But it's still fun to pop in and chat with the old friends still hanging around, and that's reason enough for me.

~Mirsathia
    Mirsa! *pounce hugs* Welcome back.
    Good news all around. So great to see "old" ones come back.
    Just as long as its not hoard leak and Salt Bonus.

Hey all

Imagine my surprise when I was surfing some message boards and discovered that a resurrection had happened.

I'm really glad to see the new situation with Horizons. I had canceled my accounts a while ago but once I see an operating account system, I'm more than willing to come visit my old haunt.

I've been playing Vanguard and EQ2 - Vangaurd has been a let down but EQ2 is actually very fun even if SONY is running it.

i bet I'll be seeing you all soon.
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

Quote Originally Posted by Bulgrim StoneCleaver View Post
    I've been playing Vanguard and EQ2 - Vangaurd has been a let down but EQ2 is actually very fun even if SONY is running it.
    Heh. I refuse to play either of those games solely because I hate sony so much. Kinda the same reason that I hope Blu-ray ends up dying away.

EQII looks kinda interesting though, I have to say.

The only problem I ever found with EQII was that if you craft at all you wind up collecting more junk and requiring more storage space than you do with Horizons. I had 4 different storage characters with that game. That and the zoning kind of turned me off, but I enjoyed myself in it for the time I was there.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

I may or may not be back, and Barnaby may or may not be back as well, point being I've always enjoyed the game, just ran out of things to do. I'm willing to give it another day in court.
    Last edited by Trust; August 31st, 2007 at 07:02 AM. Reason: had a thunk
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Howdy Trust!

It was very nice to see you two log back in lastnight!

And I feel very strongly that you and Barnaby's reasons and needs are shared by many of those "testing the waters" again.

The devs need to know the specifics of those reasons from everyone to be better equipped to plan for what content gets put in.

Something to do...

For me, that could mean new quests, a new threat to fight, a race to free or a land to reclaim. It can even start small. It doesn't have to be a massive epic quest for something to start with. It can even be just as simple as the aegis have started wandering patrols, that require valiant adventurers to protect the crafters that are repairing a few key, but destroyed bridges. No new content there really, just reusing what is here, but a marvelous step in the right direction.

For others it will be things like completing the T6 spawns that are missing, namely steelsilk, and adamantium. Everything else is in place, and with just 2 resources added, MANY current players would be occupied for months rebuilding all their shops and structures as expert.

The horizon has a glow that is getting brighter. Here is to hoping that no rain puts out the fire!
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

The horizon has a glow that is getting brighter. Here is to hoping that no rain puts out the fire!
    Hello, someone called the Lunus crew?
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Hehehe if/when I can get back in, I'll be scratching in the dirt again.

Someone once asked me what it was about Horizons that made me play.
    After a moment of thinking and remembering attacks on towns by the WA... I said:
    "Horizons is the only game where the mobs used to raid... your hometown."
    Those are the days I'd love to see back to be honest.

Talking Re: ok, who's the wise guy that rezzed... OH!

I just found out about this a second ago. I was reading some stuff on mmorpg.com and saw the Horizons thread and thought well, lemme see how bad things are going and saw a post about Horizons being reborn and EI no longer owned Hz, man I am so happy.

I was just about to come back to Hz when I saw the new Settlers expansion that was being worked on and then it was sold to that awful company that already owns a different awful game, something garden or some crap like that I think, I don't know. Anyway, I'm so happy. The only reason I ever left Hz was because my pc was too old to handle it with all those Ram leaks that Hz suffered at the time. But no more.

I miss the community here and while I've enjoyed WoW alot I find myself sighing everytime someone makes another mean and uncalled for statement which is every two seconds and think, this kind of talk would have never happened on Horizons. I miss the people here. I miss the world and I miss the dragons most of all. I was so close to being a big adult dragon and not a little one anymore. I wonder if my characters are still there?

So the original crew minus David Bowman bought back the game? What about that settlers expansion? Will they try to get that done eventually? I don't mind if it takes a long time as long as these guys are here working on it. I trust them, I like them and they're honest. I'd rather give my money to them. They always earn it. Thanks for getting Hz back and I hope it takes off for you'll. This game may not be a success financially bit it's successful everywhere else in my opinion. I hope to be back at the end of next month, maybe sooner. Got to cancel some other game accounts and put a bit of cash on my credit card and come back to Istaria. I'll see you all soon.

Wait, who's the original crew that purchased HZ? Do they include Reyem?
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Rick Simmons, Amon, and Reyem are Virtrium LLC.

Any other names you care to drop? I know you've got David lurking in consultation. Smeglor was last known up in Seattle. Amadan I'd last heard of in the middle of the country, Nebraskaish, I think. Haven't heard from Rawdge. And with as much as you've got going on, Baela and her constant IV of coffee would be a HUGE help. Now where did Illyist go?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Don't forget Sariun Mendelur and his handling of the referral program!
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

Thread Information