Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What I'd like to see happen with the Unity Database....

Default Re: What I'd like to see happen with the Unity Database....

I created the poll to see if I was alone at wanting to play Horizons again or not, and in case I was not, to give the developers what they need: a schematic, standard tool to evaluate if it's worth the effort at saving our "life".

Knowing how despite forum registrations are closed and how an abysmal minority of players ever read forums anyway, I'd say that we are getting quite a decent feedback about several people who want to play again.

I long to get my 2 yearly subs up asap, despite people lament they don't have to do anything in this game, I have still months of stuff on my plots to do before I can say I am done.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

I go with Vahrokh. I'd want my dragon back with his levels, but I'm not that fussed about vault contents/lair personally. The latter simply because my lair was unstarted. Anything other than the raw character data would be a bonus...

Rakku

to tell the total truth, I dont care at all in what kind of environment my ivy wakes up.

We ALWAYS managed to make our servers ( plural because of the many moves some of us lived through ) and we will sure as hell manage to do the same again.

Chaos would be nice aswell or .. even blight ! or whatever else. Ill also get roleplaying if Ild wake up there, even though I already feel sorry for all these roleplayers having to cope with my non-existant roleplaying english skills.

when all said and done...have to agree char first other bits second......
    i right on the edge of just starting new char on choas or something...blight is so dead no chat,i need more..i have tried numerous mmorpg,s and none come close to the guild spirit we had near the begining...EVE is the only place i felt came close to a `live in game`
    All alone in the dark

Chaos..Morrtoc
    Unity..Brainbasher(MorrBasher on Chaos)

Well the best thing that could happen would be if we all wake up and all seems to be like yesterday, meaning characters and plots in the state they were.

But I fully agree with Ivy, too. Rebuilding is something like a hobby meanwhile, isn't it? At least my little Fipps will never get tired of it.

If Unity in form of a very own shard is not possible, the idea of getting an "Unity Island" sounds good to me.

But I really think Unity would not stay that unpopulated as some may think. I talked to many people after learning about the upcoming hope and they all got very enthusiatstic. I really think that more people would return time by time as it may seem on the first glimps.

^ Agreed, I've seen two of my own guild members return to these forums in the past couple of weeks, and tons of other players from all shards have just 'randomly' returned after hearing rumours. I'm quite sure that enough people are still in contact with old players that it would get round to most of them, and while Unity used to be empty compared to other MMO's, I did used to always find there were at least 30 people on at all times (unless I was on some really stupid time like 3am on a wednesday )
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

*nods*
    if we can`t have a shard of our own, then I `d prefer "Unity Island"

We have been neighbours all the years, and want that neighbourhood again

personaly im not that keen on a "unity island" or other form of "housing island" to me they feel unnatural and disconnected
    like someone has made the landscape to fit the housing rather than contructed where the landscape allows and bear little relation to access to resources to construct them or where people would create villages (along main tarvel routes, cross roads, fresh water supplies, river crossing points, harbours etc. )

personaly if cant get a unity server, and not enough space available from releasing current inactive plots/lairs.
    then instead of a "unity island" id like either a small contienent with a mixture of small villages and some spread out single plots/lairs, with some (not all) resources and creatures and if doing properly some event involving the discovery/ liberation of this area.

Id much rather see something to expand for all rather than just a "unity housing island",
    id be willing to wait longer, not like havent waited before so even a few months wouldnt be that bad, to get a lair if was doing something like this as long as could get my dragon back and "novians" for what i had spent on my old lair, so could rebuild when finaly got one.

Infact while we are at it lets occupy ourselves with a big war with the withered ageis and force them back behind their big wall and see whats there

What you have described is pretty much what I envisioned after reading the 'Unity Island' suggestion, I guess I just didn't describe it well enough Something similar to Drakul, but larger, not just for dragons and, as you say, more of a "we settled here" rather than a "lookit, we made this!" kind of place.

However I do demand snow. I refuse to have a lair without snow!
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Imagine an Unitown(tm) island like place with some towns and much more but that still need bridges and tunnels to be build to connect with the rest of the land...

THAT would be something grand. All togeeetheeeeeer *grabs up some blocks like many years ago*
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.

That's the way, I understood it, Pevil.

Fireblade explains some good points with his considerations nevertheless, but I think, something like an enclave is nothing what anyone of us really wants.

I understood the "Unity Island" suggestion more like some new landmasses with the opportunity for all former Unity players to place their plots, because it would not be fair, to tell all of them "Well, you can go to an existing server, but you can see where you build your home and have to take, what is left." And even less fair would be, if the already existing players on that server had to give up their homes, and have to battle for plots with Unity players in new auctions.

Concerning ressources ... Well, I had my plot near to "Wisp Island" and that was something great for building the structures, but all other ressources I had to port from far away. So I personally would not mind if not that many ressources were near the plots.

For me the environment itself was more important, like Pevil with it's snow, for example.
    I want the sea. *flutters her eyelashes*

Yes, that is what I meant when I suggested that Unity island... a real 'small world' so including nice environment, resources, etc.. not just a chunk of land in the sea filled with plots
    (But... in the second post I did say: they could, if that is too much work right away, start out with a fairly bare island with the player-towns and villages; and after that, as soon as they can find time or, who knows, with our help, fill in all the rest.)
    And yes, such a new 'small world' would indeed leave lots of room for all new kinds of community-things to build... (and of course we could build that with the whole shard, not just us... a fine way to meet up and mix, I would think) Also, I would like to see the plots there open for Unity players first... but would welcome anyone from the whole shard once the Unity-players present have had the time to secure a plot like they had on Unity.

I understood the "Unity Island" suggestion more like some new landmasses with the opportunity for all former Unity players to place their plots, because it would not be fair, to tell all of them "Well, you can go to an existing server, but you can see where you build your home and have to take, what is left." And even less fair would be, if the already existing players on that server had to give up their homes, and have to battle for plots with Unity players in new auctions
    As much as I'd like to see everything restored, you can't talk about "fair" or "not fair", when the only choice you have is to play or not. We are NOT in the position to call something fair. We are actually dead, it'd be nasty but fair to leave us dead on a dead server, hence everything different than leaving us dead - be it fair or not - is anyway a better option than the zero we have today.

Well i shurly would like my hole database back, and i realy believe, if time goes on and the HZ would come back to the shop as CD'as well and/or would be existing in every download with a intresseting NOTE like European - Server rebuild or some sign people can see in "every" net- add a new time has started with this game. NOT ONLY PEOPLE WOULD COME BACK WHERE RESENT PLAYERS DONT EVEN KNOW THEY DID PLAY ONES, EVEN NEW ONES WOULD COME AND FILL UP THE HOLES. The times of anoing infos and roomers should be over now ... the time everyone talkes about HZ again should start again. In this game you have the "stangsh magic" of loyal players you can ever get. We make network advertise, hang in in this and you will not only make history be reliving agame to a continent, no you would even not regrett to take a server for us.
    If you search the form back you should easy realise that the most importent thing we want is back on function what we allready have and Contact.
    The rest of maybe 10% importence is gamechanges for having something new from time to time or evends. nothing agains the american server, but unity is not only a server, its a virtual family to us.
    Also thing about that diffrent fact to in outher game when the player have reashed the max Level they go soon leaving that game here the player take on ad. sub.

I'm also happy if i can at least seen my chart reborn on a existing american server, but realy would like this us last option before i get nothing back. but realy as last option. So i'll not talk for this option again because if you realy want and also consider the rest i sayed, you'll reopen Unity as it was.
    Many outher beyer of game just reactive the database as it was before them.

If you realy need set a deathline of resub. or at least e-mailnote ( if someone can not resub. for the time ) then you still can clear them. But i think as long there charts they will be curios and look sometime to what happens...

"Virtual family"-I like that phrase, babyfly.
    I haven`t seen it from this side yet- and you are right.
    This might be an important incredient of the magic that makes us so
    loyal, patient and passionate.

I would like my dragon back too be it a new server or merged , but before that it's important to me for the dev team to address Horizons and Vista. You have to jump through hoops and back again if the hardware forum is anything to go by to try get the game to run on Vista, even then some still are having no luck. To grow Horizons again with new players and returnee players Vista compatibility is an absolute priority. New players won't put up with hoop jumping to get the game to run and potential returnee players (like me) won't put up with all the jumping through hoops either. I really hope the dev can come to a solution for Unity and compatibility fix for Vista.
    Last edited by Greenclaw1; September 13th, 2007 at 10:35 AM.

Question Re: What I'd like to see happen with the Unity Database....

Unity island... a real 'small world' so including nice environment, resources, etc..
    Unity Island - I swear I had that same idea coming home from work today! Well almost the same.
    Unity Island would have to be pretty huge, with mountains for the lairs and sloping down to flatter areas next to the ocean for the plots. It would need to include all 4 basic terrain types: volcanic, ice, grass and desert.
    Of course it could also be 'Unity Archipelago': a group of islands close together (more bridgebuilding in the package! ). Might be easier to catch the wanted/needed diversity that way.
    Imagine an Unitown(tm) island like place with some towns and much more but that still need bridges and tunnels to be build to connect with the rest of the land... THAT would be something grand.
    In this game you have the "stangsh magic" of loyal players you can ever get. We make network advertise, hang in in this and you will not only make history be reliving agame to a continent, no you would even not regrett to take a server for us.
    If you search the form back you should easy realise that the most importent thing we want is back on function what we allready have and Contact
    *nods* ... if we can`t have a shard of our own, then I `d prefer "Unity Island"
    We have been neighbours all the years, and want that neighbourhood again
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

The following database additions, changes and fixes were applied to Blight on Wednesday, September 12, 2007:

World:
    * The Imperial Council has recalled the Adventurer Trainers on the islands of New Vassarak, New Koraelia and New Brommel.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

/wonders.... 3 almost totaly unused islands, not very big maybe, but that makes 6 over 2 shards... diversity...landscape allready made, just needs some smaller adjustments like some accessable beaches so the current sea-cliffs become accessable for lairs and also 'shore-plots' can be placed... wonders what Virtrium is so silently up to (almost a month now since last mention of Unity, becoming an almost too long silence to endure) ... starts looking around on the old beginnerislands .... sees a lot of possibilities .... starts wondering and thinking even more...

/wants to see the maggots on the old islands left to roam the streets and gardens freely

I ended up not being able to play Horizons anymore, because Unity was no longer available. Neither the shard, nor the payment possibilities, nor any other way to play the game from Europe. But I never forgot. It's the one single MMORPG that has kept my attention over *years* (seeing as I was one of the first players on a European shard - called "Ice" back then...)! Now I've returned to the world of Istaria, but on Chaos.
    I would very much like to see not only my characters back (I never managed to re-create my dragon quite the same way...), but the chance to do world-building and world-events, to re-discover the sense of wonder that we always felt when we stepped onto the soil of Istaria. Whether it be as a new Unity shard, or a Unity island, or Unity continent - I don't really have a preference. But to see my dragon again, and all my old friends (who are just *waiting* to hear about having their characters back - then they'd be right back playing Horizons...) again, that would certainly fill my heart with much joy.
    Fluffy Dragon of ICE, Adv. 30, Spellcrafter 27 - still growing

I'd just like my chars, with lvls intact. Most items can be replaced, but I can't replace all that time, and I'm pretty attached to my chars But if I have to I will remake them.

Sianan + Pooki + Lotus Blossom

Thread Information