Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Concerning Unity

Default Re: Concerning Unity

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan View Post
    My bad. It was burried on page 4.
    Your good!
    you found it again

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

We will be here waiting, and hoping all gets sorted out

while we wait, someone wanna gimme a PC? my laptop is dying *CRIES*

Sianan + Pooki + Lotus Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by Nanain View Post
    while we wait, someone wanna gimme a PC? my laptop is dying *CRIES*
    Hardware dying or software dying? If the latter try a format, or a new hd if that's quitting. I do have a pc you could use, but it's 800mhz and will choke on Hz's. :|

Rakku

hardware

The one issue, and it's a rather large one, I have about having to move to another server, is:

I don't have a sense of pride regarding Chaos, as I didn't build or help to rebuild anything on it. I have such good memories of community building on Earth/Unity, like Feladan, where we ran, we fought, and we died to rebuild it, and laughed along the way.
    Of sitting for 22hrs (I was single, and had no kids at the time ) on the plot I REALLY wanted, while the rest of the guild sat on ones they wanted, spread out on the newest isle of the time, after the massive sprint across the just-finished bridge I help complete, (Hood fell into the water, that was hilarious, while Fhrain & I sprinted across).

Anyway...just a thought.

Sianan + Pooki + Lotus Blossom

That element of belonging is missing,i feel like a visitor just marking time,going through the motions of rebuilding a char.
    The game sorely needs some project,s or world targets other than leveling.
    We need a new area to fight for or at least some method of pushing back the WA.....or them pushing us back...because of the reduced population,we should be loosing ground,their are so many unguarded area,s.
    Why are their no wall projects ,or guard posts....
    All alone in the dark

Chaos..Morrtoc
    Unity..Brainbasher(MorrBasher on Chaos)

Quote Originally Posted by Nanain View Post
    hardware

The one issue, and it's a rather large one, I have about having to move to another server, is:

I don't have a sense of pride regarding Chaos, as I didn't build or help to rebuild anything on it. I have such good memories of community building on Earth/Unity, like Feladan, where we ran, we fought, and we died to rebuild it, and laughed along the way.
    Of sitting for 22hrs (I was single, and had no kids at the time ) on the plot I REALLY wanted, while the rest of the guild sat on ones they wanted, spread out on the newest isle of the time, after the massive sprint across the just-finished bridge I help complete, (Hood fell into the water, that was hilarious, while Fhrain & I sprinted across).

Anyway...just a thought.
    Well everyone even on chaos could say those same things... that argument about the building of feledan. You still have your memories. You DID help. So did the rest of us on our old servers. NONE of our old servers exist anymore. Only blight has remained the same. I came from twilight, I hauled resources for the lerena bridge and was there when the guild popped it late one night. hauled resources to the satyr tunnels, helped destroy all 4 machines on the satyr isles. I even performed the Ceremony of Aubadrine. there.

But in aug 2004 twilight died to the Withered aegis, and our population had to transfer to a new realm (via the novo machine i also worked on). I still accomplished those things.... and so did you. If you (ultimately) come to Chaos or Order, that will not change.

Bring your memories. share your stories with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Well everyone even on chaos could say those same things... that argument about the building of feledan. You still have your memories. You DID help. So did the rest of us on our old servers. NONE of our old servers exist anymore. Only blight has remained the same. I came from twilight, I hauled resources for the lerena bridge and was there when the guild popped it late one night. hauled resources to the satyr tunnels, helped destroy all 4 machines on the satyr isles. I even performed the Ceremony of Aubadrine. there.

But in aug 2004 twilight died to the Withered aegis, and our population had to transfer to a new realm (via the novo machine i also worked on). I still accomplished those things.... and so did you. If you (ultimately) come to Chaos or Order, that will not change.

Bring your memories. share your stories with us.

There is a quite essential difference; when shards were merged everyone moved to a new shard, where everyone else was also "new".
    In the case of Unity: we are supposed to move to an already existing shard, which has been populated for quite a while now, and where there is an existing community.........

I made a new character on Order and have been playing there for about 3 months now.
    Although the world is the same one as Unity, it is in many ways "different" and I find it difficult to get the feeling of being "home" ...... (and not only because it is a "role-playing shard".)
    People are different, plotbuilding is different, the "general attitude" is different (not saying "wrong" or that they aren't friendly!!) But it's just different.......
    We helped build up Unity, not Order or Chaos......

Maybe I feel this way because even my character on Order is "new"......
    Maybe it will change when (if ever) I get "My Real Character" over there.....
    I don't know..... time will tell (I hope).

Quote Originally Posted by Ramaj View Post
    Although the world is the same one as Unity, it is in many ways "different" and I find it difficult to get the feeling of being "home" ...... (and not only because it is a "role-playing shard".)
    People are different, plotbuilding is different, the "general attitude" is different (not saying "wrong" or that they aren't friendly!!) But it's just different.......
    We helped build up Unity, not Order or Chaos......

Maybe I feel this way because even my character on Order is "new"......
    Maybe it will change when (if ever) I get "My Real Character" over there.....
    I don't know..... time will tell (I hope).
    I totally agree. It still feels weird, going to places and not finding what you expect. It is really sad to see the place where your plot used to be and the plots of your friends. Because it is all so similar it is very hard to accept the differences. Walking in a parallel universe it is all twisted.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Ramaj and Sigi perfectly express what I feel.

6 month after the first try I gave playing on Chaos a second try.
    But I`m sobered.
    Though there is a German chat channel, though 2 of my closest friends are on every day and though the people of Chaos are friendly and helpful-
    I feel- let`s say estranged. I would even say the magic is gone.
    For reasons said above.

This and the billing (c-card AND paypal) makes it hard for Unitarians to come back- or to stay

I can agree with the sentiments expressed above. Although I created a lil hatchie quite a while ago on chaos. It's not home....
    Ruache: Dwarf Ranger 100, Craft lvl's 1900
    Hephestus: Ancient Dragon 100/100/100

Thinking about it, there are still some community construction thats not finished on chaos. a bridge or 2 on saritova, some bridges leading from wisp isle up north. Maybe even a section of wall out of augundell.

But the points about plots being different I can agree with, and remembering the same thing when my guild moved from owning most of lerena to instead bidding on the new plots on chaos. We rebuilt tho, you can do the same.

Quote Guaran: ....."We rebuilt tho, you can do the same."

We can not rebuild...

1. We do not have "our" character(s)
    2. We are (if and when we do get back our character(s)) going to be broken
    up as community and devided over 2 shards
    3. Both these shards are already populated and built
    4. Making a "new" character in fact means: start over from scratch...... it will
    take years and a lot of "hard work" before these "new characters" have
    the same levels of skills and crafts our "own characters" already have.
    It's feels like: ready to go to university.... but having to start over at
    "kindergarten" ...... and that too takes a lot of fun out of playing....

Guaran: Yes, you had to rebuild, as we on Unity did (coming from 3 different shards). But at the start of Unity, and of your current shard, the world was "empty", and we all and together (re-)built a new world with our own excisting characters.
    And that is quite a difference with having to find a place and fit in in an existing world...... and not even having your own already excisting character.

Imagine it was Unity that was still up..........and Chaos and Order were not........but hey!... you can go over to Unity and play there!....... Your character?....we'll see if that can be transfered to Unity...looking into it........but can take a while.......and we're not promising anything.....

Get the picture?
    Last edited by Ramaj; November 2nd, 2007 at 09:02 PM.

Hopefully you at least get your characters back. Not sure it's possible.

Thumbs up Re: Concerning Unity

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Hopefully you at least get your characters back. Not sure it's possible.
    It's certainly possible. Just data after all... it's just how and when.

All I'd say is...

"Home is where the heart is"

I started on Wind, did a load of stuff there, then we were united on Unity... Wind was home, but I moved on to Unity. That was my home. Now we look forwards to Chaos/Order as a home, and for me Chaos is already that home. I have brought my memories with me, as they're in my head not on some server box somewhere.

I feel for the people who had built whole guild towns, or got to know their neighbours an their plots. They have a lot to rebuild socially. In this case we all need to move on.

For this game to progress, it doesn't need another shard but needs its current live shards to progress and grow to facilitate the future development of the game. The time will come when the servers can handle more players without more lag, then we'll see more WA involvement and we'll battle to save our towns.

Once the Unity player base has settled on Chaos/Order (with their Unity characters), then we can get on with the plot reclamation... Then we can get on with physically building the community to mirror the stunning community this game always had and will continue to do so.

It's a bitter bitter pill for a few, but we're a strong hardy bunch and we will survive and build and settle down anew. The only thing I'm asking for is my characters; the inv/vault contents second but still very valued. I've accepted that my lair on Unity is lost, but there was nothing built. For those with stuff built, all resouces should be put in a super vault like when we had a plot reclamation on the EU shards.

The sooner this process is over, the sooner we can forget any ugly memories of its passing and get on with being Istarians.

Rakku

Its late Pleas don't flame me for grammar

how ever the simple fact is concerning the community look at this form massive feed back with little time i can not wait for the winter morning i can activate EPION again and help teach the new comers again

as for the sense of loosing every thing they own not really not if you talk to me i am a golden dragon after all (well my inter-self any way ) ( i was a warrior in my youth in horizons you could not get me to craft with a 199999999 foot pole with Genomes and Dryads dangling from it *ask VALTUR * and his guild i hated crafting ) but it grow on me after time and i started crafting for fun as long as it was to help some one so after classes i should return and any unity player that needs war scails or components and are on chaos toss me a pm ! Main thing i do is to help players out !

Yes Yes Yes
    who ever said we need a new event other than that stupid war in harro that no one cares rat's back side about we need to Have a solid event that unites the players across all servers i attempted to wright a quest Remembering the fallen that effected many deeply and Drive back the blight it got flamed by the community so i gave up on that idea but we need something like it Even its own island that honers the fallen that we would need to craft up our selfs i would be game for that

or better yet a EPIC battel that takes over 1 weak of hard Core Brailling to drive back the blight from harro and unlocking the t 6 tear
    after all whats a few 100 death points to players there is a way to get the confec traid going }:>

but to the unity players
    my heart gos out to you Pleas don't give up on Horizons there is no other game like it i have tried to play a game calld last chaos and other mmos befor school and it just is not the same not by a long shot if you need some one to help you (Not do it for you ) but help you give me a shout and i will start immediately on the request or pm me and i will log on lol school takes a priority also i know of a great many players that feal the same way they are waiting in silents and hope to a Uniting event after the festivals
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Thanks for your words lightning.
    I feel touched.

And it is good to know, that we are welcome to the new communities.
    I never took that for granted.
    And that we `ll get help if we ask for. But I never doubted that.
    True Istarians are great people.

Good luck with your classes

I'm not that concerned about a US shard not feeling like home. Like Rakku, Wind was my home, then Unity became my home. As long as there's friendly people and a few familiar names, I'll be fine. Sounds like both shards have plenty of each.

However, I am not willing to start over. I'm one of those players that takes ages to gain a level. I started playing at release, I play a dragon (so only one adventuring class to level in) and I had no alts. I got to the dizzying heights of level 67 (or thereabouts) before Unity went maintenance-only and I stopped playing. There is no way I'm going through all of that again .

All I need is for something to happen about this!

Antonath

I still see no reason why they can't give you guys an update. They don't need to make promises and all that.. just give you guys a simple update.

I don't think that is too much to ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirewood View Post
    I still see no reason why they can't give you guys an update. They don't need to make promises and all that.. just give you guys a simple update.

I don't think that is too much to ask for.
    your wish is granted http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17168
    Gimbold, Ancient dwarf on Chaos
    Mottle, Ancient dragon on Chaos

Thread Information