Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Billing Site

Default Re: New Billing Site

I am sorry, am having a hard time with this billing system. Its me, not you. I enter in the credit card info, then it takes me down to pay pal, I dont use pay pal, so how do Iuse this for just my credit card info?

Peaches: on the paypal page, there's a button to click if you don't have a paypal account - that should let you enter a credit card there I think

*edit* although, looking at that page again, it looks like it signs you up for paypal if you do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    I am sorry, am having a hard time with this billing system. Its me, not you. I enter in the credit card info, then it takes me down to pay pal, I dont use pay pal, so how do Iuse this for just my credit card info?
    if it is paypal you will need to create an account I think. May want to because I am pretty sure that Paypal's fees are lower per transaction cost than PBT ever was. Drawback is that Paypal will not offer the same customer service as PBT did. So if you want to make changes to billing it will be up to how well Vitriums account site is setup and the squashing of bugs in it.

Do I need to go create a pay pal account? I dont trust them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    Do I need to go create a pay pal account? I dont trust them at all.

try the link Kerech suggested. I didn't see it there before.

But I have had a paypal account for 8 years. I have never had a problem myself. They have had my bank and credit info for that long as well. Never had any compromised information happen as well.

Well I hope this works but i paid 12 month investment,

AWDZ Sighting
    Roguar the Zerker
    Drinker of Ale
    Order, Scoin
    why can i not sell hoard to a PB?

Just to be clear - when you get to the paypal page, you have 2 buttons to select. One says you have a paypal account, and one says you don't. If you select the 2nd one, it looks like it creates a paypal account for you (I didn't follow it to see for sure)

Ok, here is the problem, keeping my info in there, it leads me to credit card, however, I misplaced my card, and have to use hubbys card, which means, I have to change billing info, and it shows he does have a pay pal account, and it wont allow me to choose the credit card option. ;(

So, I am so out of luck in terms of subscribing both my accounts now?

Do I need to go create a pay pal account? I dont trust them at all
    I use paypal since much before they were bought by ebay and they never failed me.

Anyway, remember they are slamming down code night and day so don't be surprised to see "odd" things in the web pages, or discover buttons that pop up like fungi where you did not see 1 minute before.

Finally, if you are redirected on the Paypal site, it will give you 2 buttons: pay or don't have paypal. It's all paypal web though, so you won't find CC payment options there.
    Since it's all paypal it lets you pay if you press the first button or guides you to create a paypal account (since you are on their site they sort of imagine you want to use them ;P ) and then put your CC info in there for PAYPAL usage off it.

The CC Vi own option, if already in place, will be in another place, without any paypal reference on it (sorry for being general, I can't log in and check right now).
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Ok , here goes:

1. I select the subscription I want
    2. Press order
    3. No paypal account chosen
    4.Kept account info in, found out both our credit cards are the same, and entered in the info
    5. I then hit continue
    6. I come up with a screen, save your information, when you pay with paypal, your shipping and billing info is stored securely etc
    It says to create a pay pal account login, and create a password. by doing this, am I having my billing done by credit card or through the pay pal????

Ok I am checking it right now.

Do as you did then

click on

"Don't have a PayPal account?"

Then fill in the stuff under
    Pay with Credit Card

and DO NOT do anything with the box to the right (already have a paypal account)

Fill in everything including CC number, all to the left of course

then proceed with review order and continue

Other than that I can't tell you anything because it detects my card number is the same of my paypal account and wants that I use paypal (which in turn uses that CC) and not the CC.

Anyway, they are basically using Paypal as payment processor / gateway. I can't tell you the next step sorry. If you manage not to create any user and password it'll charge on your CC directly. If it forces you to create such thing, instead, you get a paypal account (basically it's a log in into a financial facility, like home banking) that in turn drives your credit card so that it's charged. Once charged, it sends an OK to Vitrium so that they enable your account.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.

Ok, here is what confuses me.

The account paypal has set up, is to put cash in it each month. If he forgets, then I am in trouble with my accounts expiring and losing out on the grandfathered signup.

Now, when I create that part of the last step, does this also mean I have to do the same as hubby above? Or, will it take it directly from my credit card info, which was put into the system. I take it, we no longer have PBT? or whatever it was called?

From what I'd read on the Virtrium payment, Paypal will automatically deduct the amount from your credit card if no funds are available in the account.

I have a Paypal account, which I don't put money into.
    Every time I shop online, and make payment via Paypal, the latter deducts the amount from my credit card.
    Last edited by Star; September 1st, 2007 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Trying to stay awake to spell correctly
    ========================
    | ()""'() ~~Have A Good Day!~~
    | ( 'o' ) ****Hehehehe****
    =(,)=(,)==================

Regarding the paypal thing:

It is very confusing and I wound up cancelling 3 times because after I would select credit card and enter all the information, it THEN would take me to something that made me "create" a paypal account.

And I thought if you paid via CC on paypal, they charged a fee versus using a draw on a bank account?

Anyway, I'm not sure how I feel about that, I wasn't very happy to be forced to create a paypal account.

I was in Paypal beta, and I swear by them....

There is an options area where you can tell it which "primary" account to draw the money out first, and fall back to this other account if that one fails.

I have mine set up as "checking first" then "Credit Card" then "Alt. Credit Card"

just make sure the funds will be drawn from the account you want it to be drawn from, you can register as many accounts on their system as you feel comfortable with.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I never put a copper in Paypal nor I can even use US payment methods (check etc) since I am overseas, yet it always and only charged on the credit card without creating any particular issue.

Believe Justa, using Paypal is HUGE LEAGUES safer than the old half **** involved company they used in the distant past.
    Last edited by Vahrokh; September 1st, 2007 at 05:37 PM. Reason: How can prn be censored O_o

Ok my order went through fine:

Product Period Payment System Amount

Grandfather Subscription - 12 Month
    09/01/2007 09/01/2008 Credit Card and PayPal $119.40

Gifted Subscription - 12 Month
    09/01/2007 - Credit Card and PayPal $155.40

Funny, for the gifted block, there is no Expire time.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I sent in a pm on the boards to horizons cs, pay pal is asking for info that hubby will NOT give out. This sucks.

ok my status is as follows...

I went back after reading you guys suggestions, killed the first paypal account, and made sure everything was canceled.

Next I went back and ordered a new monthly gifted account and then selected the no paypal account, and it made me create a new login, BUT... this time it properly allowed me to setup my visa as the primary payment source. Finished purchasing the account, and all seems well.

Now when I went back to try and setup my wifes account it wont let me use the same card to purchase. I suspect that I will either have to have VI combind the accounts before this will work, or use a second primary source on a new paypal account to proceed.

Am I understanding this right?
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Man. I would never have guessed that so many people would have trouble with a simple system like paypal's.
    Ò_ó. Is it paypal you are having problems with or Vi's site?

Anyway. I've never had a problem with paypal itself.

Thread Information