Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: User names and email names

Default User names and email names

Hey Blight testers. We would like to request your help with a problem we're having trouble reproducing internally.

If you're using the stand alone launcher and have trouble logging in with your user name instead of email, please review the following steps. If you're comfortable doing this test, we'd appreciate the feedback.

1 Please make a backup of your launcher folder.
    2 Delete the launcher folder
    3 Attempt to use the launcher with a regular user name (no email) and password
    4 If you log in ok
    4.1 Please make another backup of your launcher folder. Zip each backup and label works.zip or nowork.zip
    4.2 Please create a trouble ticket and submit the logs.
    5 If you still can't log in, please reply to this thread that you did this test and it still didn't work.

We're working to figure this out - but we know some people can log in with their user name (display name) and password, while others need to use email and password. We suspect this is an issue with cached data.

Thank you - Horizons CS

Default Re: User names and email names

Launcher using my username does not work for me.

It may be worth noting that there are two usernames associated with my account.

I've done a little packet sniffing and noticed the following:
    SOAPAction: "https://horizons.istaria.com/DataAccess/hsp_getUsers"
    returns an empty body when I login with my username instead of my email address.
    When I use the email address, I get a listing of the users associated with the account, much the same information as the "manage users" link that is now gone from the login page.

The userName element in the xml block sent to the server has my username in it when I provide my username, and it has my email address in it when I provide my email address.

SOAPAction: "https://horizons.istaria.com/DataAccess/hsp_getCharacter"
    Also returns an empty body when I use my username instead of email address.

Since these are packets crossing the wire, I don't think it's a caching issue -- at least not on the client side. As far as I can tell, the only difference between the username/email address is the contents of the userName element. It looks like the scripts behind those two URLs would be a good place to start looking.

I have the packet dumps if you want to look at them, but they also have my password visible. I'm not posting them here!

I am also not able to log in via the Launcher with a username. I receive the error popup "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". I click ok to clear, and there is another of the same popup. Click to clear that and it continues through the EULA to the character list. Character list is blank. The .lopt file is very small compared to a working login.

Using the email login, I am able to log in normally and play (except on Blight, ID 12 error).

I am also still able to log in via batch file using my email as the username.

Opened a support ticket and sent the .zip Launcher directories.

Drev

proberly not much help as i,m not sure what the stand alone launcher is.
    i log in via iexplore with either main name or e-mail no problem on both accounts
    All alone in the dark

Chaos..Morrtoc
    Unity..Brainbasher(MorrBasher on Chaos)

Quote Originally Posted by brainbasher View Post
    proberly not much help as i,m not sure what the stand alone launcher is.
    i log in via iexplore with either main name or e-mail no problem on both accounts
    Go to your Horizons folder (i.e. C:\Program Files\Tulga Games\Horizons) and use HorizonsLauncher.exe
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

ok did what u said and i am NOT able to log into blight with a user name and password with the horizonslauncher but i can log into order with a user name and password with the horizonslauncher. i opened a ticket and send the zip files as ask

Blight ---- Anne Dryad 188 rating (Main character in Blight)
    Blight --- Annyia 100/61/6 Helian Dragon
    MissAna_Chaos Human in Blight Dedicated player since Beta!!!!!

How many usernames are associated with your account?

I only have 1 username on mine, and I've only ever had 1 account and subscription. And it doesn't work for me.

Haven't tried deleting it yet though.

It is a known issue not being able to log into Blight atm with the Launcher. Noone can with either username or email.

If you are able to login with a username and can see all your characters and log into Order or Chaos through the standalone launcher, it qualifies as "working".

Drev

Considering I get "invalid object" errors from the standalone launcher and my character list is empty, I'd say that it is very much not working.

at the moment my acct has one user name and i have 5 accts. using the stand alone launcher didnt work on any of the accts using the username and password on each to log into any world, couldnt even get to that point.

Blight ---- Anne Dryad 188 rating (Main character in Blight)
    Blight --- Annyia 100/61/6 Helian Dragon
    MissAna_Chaos Human in Blight Dedicated player since Beta!!!!!

I deleted the launcher folder and I still have the problem "object reference not set to an instance of an object". I only have one user name associated with my account and my account was first created during beta (or first day of live if we were forced to recreate them).
    I'd also like to add I have a char with the same name as my user name.

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    It is a known issue not being able to log into Blight atm with the Launcher. Noone can with either username or email.

If you are able to login with a username and can see all your characters and log into Order or Chaos through the standalone launcher, it qualifies as "working".

Drev
    I haven't tried to log into blight with the launcher. I'd heard it didn't work before I thought to attempt it. So for me this is all on Chaos.

I just submitted mine... I don't even get any character names on my list when I try using my user name.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Considering I get "invalid object" errors from the standalone launcher and my character list is empty, I'd say that it is very much not working.
    Ditto

12345678790 (for goodness sakes ELIMINATE the annoying character limit! )
    Chromos - 100 Ancient Lunus, 100 DragonCrafter,100 Lairshaper
    Titles - Expert DragonCrafter - Expert Lairshaper

Okay everyone - we're pretty sure we got this one tracked down. The fix has been rolled live (it was DB related) and you should be able to use your user name to log in and will no longer have "invalid object" errors.

Please let us know your experience.

Thank you,

Horizons CS

no problem logging in with launcher and all characters show, but one problem remains....after the client opens I get the Error ID 12 (unable to connect to the Authentication server)
    Chromos - 100 Ancient Lunus, 100 DragonCrafter,100 Lairshaper
    Titles - Expert DragonCrafter - Expert Lairshaper

Quote Originally Posted by Cromos_Swordbreaker View Post
    no problem logging in with launcher and all characters show, but one problem remains....after the client opens I get the Error ID 12 (unable to connect to the Authentication server)
    Error 12 usually indicates a networking issue - usually firewall or similar. We see all sort of people logged in right now and there's no tickets in the queue with trouble logging in. Were you able to log in ok yesterday? Anyone else having the same experience?

Horizons CS

Horizons_cs I have another problem (you are going to love this one)

I can log into the website with both Raisty and raisty as account names. When I log into the launcher with either of them I get to selecting my characters and that looks ok. Then once I click one to log in with I get: " Error ID 34

The login process was unsuccessful because the username and password do not match. Please try logging in again, verifying that you are entering the correct username and password. Please remember that the password is case sensitive."

I can log in with my email and the same pw and it works fine I can get into game and everything... *boggle*

What makes me really pause and wonder here is the fact I can log in with an apparently "invalid" pw and username and see my chars but I can not log fully into the game with the same info. Which might lead to my second problem:

I also have a ticked opened atm:
    QRT-58254-935 About the fact the website will not allow me to delete any chars.
    Last edited by Raisty; September 12th, 2007 at 03:47 AM.

my edit timed out but anyway

I changed my pw and I still have the same set of problems.

Thread Information