Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Comments About EI Billing Post

Default Comments About EI Billing Post

We're sure there's going to be lots to say. We will be paying careful attention to this thread and would like to remind everyone that we will err on the side of caution when comments or replying on this issue.

Just so everyone knows, the team over here is happy that there is a definitive direction for us to head in and we can put all our effort into Horizons.

Horizons CS

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: Comments About EI Billing Post

I'll be the first.

So, EI is not handing over the funds for the remainder balances of those accounts they've billed? My last billing was in May on a 6 month plan. The next bill would have been November. Instead, I need to resubscribe my account now as well?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Why did I expect they'd do that?
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    ...EI is not handing over the funds for the remainder balances of those accounts they've billed? ...resubscribe my account now as well?
    Yes - you will need to contact PayByTouch at 866-729-2986, option 3, and cancel the existing subscription. You can then ask PayByTouch to issue a refund, or dispute the charges with your credit card company.

If you have trouble, contact us at http://support.istaria.com and we'll work with you.

Horizons CS

Could you clarify the following please.

"Virtrium believes that you should not be charged for a service that you attempted to cancel or if you were playing Horizons, pay money to a company that was not actually operating the service. We strongly encourage you to take the action you feel is most appropriate. Virtrium is behind you as a consumer and we're here to help."

Do you mean all the billing EI did? or do you mean any billing after your July take over date?

*Shakes fist*

AAAAANNNDDDDEEEERRRRCHEEEEEEECK!!

In all seriousness, this show just how much damage Ed and crew caused to the game. I hope everyone is able to properly deal with PayByTouch and get everything resolved. Best of luck to all.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Could you clarify the following please.

"Virtrium believes that you should not be charged for a service that you attempted to cancel or if you were playing Horizons, pay money to a company that was not actually operating the service. We strongly encourage you to take the action you feel is most appropriate. Virtrium is behind you as a consumer and we're here to help."

Do you mean all the billing EI did? or do you mean any billing after your July take over date?
    EI was no longer legally operating Horizons after July 18, 2007.

We have heard that many people have submitted cancellation requests to EI and that at least a portion of them have not been taken care of. We think if you were paying for a service you canceled, you should consider pursuing a refund.

If have been billed for your subscription after July 18, 2007 or you had a subscription that was active (overlapped) past July 18, 2007, you may also consider requesting a refund since EI is no longer providing the service you paid for.

Horizons CS

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

On a side note, when PBT was pinging the 99ยข charges, I put in to my credit card that all future charges from them were fraudulent. I'll make sure to phone them to get it canceled. I'm not going to be entirely hopeful they give a refund for all four months.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

"Once you have their money, never give it back."

It's a pity that EI is still refusing to behave in an honest and ethical manner, but after the past year it's hardly a surprise.

Just as a personal suggestion, anyone who lost money to EI might talk to the consumer protection office of your state Attorney General's office about filing a complaint and/or what other options might be available.

Best of luck to everyone who has been impacted by EI's misconduct.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

This is sad news indeed. I wish everyone good luck in getting what they deserve, their money back.

So.. normally I wouldn't care and would just let it go.. but.. for the sake of.. constancy.. should I check my CC bills and make sure I was not charged past the July 18th date, and if so, follow the suggested steps for a refund?

*large innocent doe-y eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by Lunhilde View Post
    Should I check my CC bills and make sure I was not charged past the July 18th date, and if so, follow the suggested steps for a refund?
    If you had an active subscription with EI Interactive for Horizons, we suggest you check your credit card bill. Alternatively, you can call PayByTouch and ask them if you were billed and confirm your account is canceled.

Horizons CS

This is one of the exact reasons that I use a prepaid credit card for all online transactions. There is only money on the card when I am about to make an online payment.

Once that payment is made, even the most corrupt thieving Ed Andercheck can't get anything else out of me. Any "Extra" charges would be denied, any "Reoccurring without permission" charges would be denied. Even if someone stole my card information they would get nothing for it.

Even inept billing is no problem. Double bill? First is fine, second is DENIED!

Yes, I never cancelled my sub and it was tranferred to EII. So I will call my company and go over my records this evening.

Phew, my account was cancelled for them.

Smile Re: Comments About EI Billing Post

I jus got off the phone with paybytouch and they have refunded a total of 8 charges made since july 18th. that will show that they r willing to help and refund. but i am also glad we can go thru paypal now....in over 7 yrs i have never had a problem with them so thats my route.

thank you for the information so promptly and giving the information needed for dispute/refund.

Blight ---- Anne Dryad 188 rating (Main character in Blight)
    Blight --- Annyia 100/61/6 Helian Dragon
    MissAna_Chaos Human in Blight Dedicated player since Beta!!!!!

Well fortunately I didn;t have any problem as I cancelled, via PBT, back in February.

What I do what to say is, Thank you Virtrium! Thanks for stepping forward in all honesty, by disseminating this information so that your player base that has been affected by EI's inept and probably fraudulent billing practices can take appropiate steps.

This, among smaller steps you have taken, is probably the most powerful statement that you intend to kepp running and improving Horizons for as long as possible.

Aaelefein
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

I even cancelled that credit card and got it reissued with a separate number after being billed twice AFTER I cancelled.. PbT refunded my money with no problem, but I took the extra step to be sure.
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Can't believe what kind of bozoes those guys are - Ain't there laws against this sort of thing? They still operating? Savage Eden ain't it? - We should tell the players...

After all that went on, I'm not surprised VI had trouble "negoitating" with EII/PME/whatever. I cancelled via PBT some time ago and then the credit card I had been using expired, becoming non-chargable. Lucky timing I think, otherwise I'm guessing I would have had to have the card cancelled. Finally, while there is inherent risk in any electronic financial transaction, in all the years I've used credit cards (mostly debit) either online or in a brick and morter, I've never had any trouble. Just have to be careful about to whom you are giving your information. *shrugs*

*waiting and watching*
    Drasdil Redin
    100 Paladin
    Order Shard

Thread Information