Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/15 deadline for grandfather?

Default 9/15 deadline for grandfather?

As I understand it, the deadline for signing up for the grandfather subscription is September 15th? Is there any chance at all of extending that? I have a ticket pending to get my accounts combined and as soon as that happens I'll be submitting 2 subscriptions - but today is the 7th and the combination hasn't happened yet.

I'd hate to lose the grandfather option because I was waiting on support to combine my accounts.

Default Re: 9/15 deadline for grandfather?

Same here. I think Sept. 15 is a bit quick, especially since some people might not have even heard about it.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

Whereas i am not going to buy grandfathered sub, only gifted ones, My worry is that my wifes account will not be combined in time to order the sub before we lose her plot.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Lots of account combines apparently - and my ticket got eaten (I must have mis-typed my email addy or something) so.. that's prolly a big job right there..

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Tagath's and my accounts billed up nicely on the first try, days apart. Both billings show as separate but part of the same overall account. No writing to Virtrium.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I was merged since I bought my second account years ago, all because I liked to fact I could log any of my 10 character slots on at the same time.

I have payed for 1 year of Grandfather and 1 year of Gifted.

I will get 12 character slots, 225 connie slots for all my characters to split, and 2 consecutive logins and 2 properties and access to the "a la carte" system (if I see something in the future I want from it) and 1 fluff item for being a year gifted subscriber.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

A fluff item? Please explain.
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

Quote from this thread

"If you love what we're doing and are ready to get both feet wet (we're already in and it's only going to get better), there are 6 and 12 month Gifted Subscription available. We are also putting together something special to show our appreciation for anyone who takes advantage of this offer between now and when we start Plot Reclamation."

That's why he's saying fluff item. He's referring the the "something special: VI said they had for us.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Well, it would be nice to know what the something special is before I go changing from grandfathered 1 month to a gifted subscription.
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

Prolly gonna be a shoulder pet or a emblem I think. Anyway if fluff doesn't matter to you I wouldn't bother as it's quite a stretch from a one month grandfathered to a 6 or 12 month gifted.

So...back to the topic of this thread. I think the time to sign up for gifted should at least allow till the end of this month. The 15th seems rather soon for me.

Well, the price between the 1-month grandfathered and 12-month gifted is the same anyway.
    Check out our wares!

Yup, just paying all up front instead of once each month.

Back to my original problem... if they haven't combined my accounts by the 15th, should I go ahead and subscribe each of them anyway, and get them combined later?

I put my ticket in a week ago. On Monday I got an email asking a question about the accounts (which username to combine them under) and I answered that the same day, but haven't heard anything since.

Greetings, Please PM me the ticket numbers that have not been answered and I will make sure these accounts will be combined, and any questions you may have answered.

-Horizons CS

How will this be handled concerning Unity players? Will grandfathering open up again once they know what their future in Horizons will or won't be?

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons CS View Post
    Greetings, Please PM me the ticket numbers that have not been answered and I will make sure these accounts will be combined, and any questions you may have answered.

-Horizons CS
    PM sent (yesterday), thanks for any help you can turn up on this - the 15th is approaching fast

same here.. PM sent yesterday with the ticket number raised on 1st September..
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

hm whats a grandfather thingie Anywhere to read about it ?

Can't find info on the grandfathered accounts either.

I am assuming it is something I would want to get in on.
    How are unity accounts treated in this matter, is the option valid for unity accounts that are currently in limbo?
    (limbo as in, I never actually canceled but I am from unity sooooo... (insert by now well known history) )
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

It is a reduced cost plan for those that have or have had an account in the past.

Thread Information