Thread: Unity? Any plans? Any problems? ETA?

Lightbulb Unity? Any plans? Any problems? ETA?

greetings

as an ex-unity player im interested what will happen now :-)

You got the Unity DB from GN when they stopped their service

Are you trying to set up unity again?

Are you trying to merge us?

Are you trying to transfer the chars to chaos/order?

have you experienced any problems while working on this?

or do you have other priorities atm? or is unity dead? no plans with this DB?

i know you are busy to fix all problems of the last years ^^

so any official word about Unity?

Default Re: Unity? Any plans? Any problems? ETA?

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16211

This thread has been responded to about Unity.

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons CS
    The paint on the billing system is not even dry...

Here's the plan - we want to figure out a technical solution for Unity players (like Vahrokh and other Unity Players) so they can migrate over to Order or Chaos. We spent some time looking at the problem before tackling billing, but there's work involved and problems we need to figure out. Once we know one way or another (read: we really want to get those character moved over but technical issues have to be dealt with), we'll begin Plot Reclamation.

Horizons CS

from: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...731#post157731

All I can find confirmed ATM.
    There will be no Unity Shard.
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

All I can find confirmed ATM.
    There will be no Unity Shard
    Reading the post in depth:

- "we want to figure out a technical solution for Unity players (like Vahrokh and other Unity Players) so they can migrate over to Order or Chaos."

This sounds like a program, a program I am fine with (others have varying degrees of agreement, but some 101 on economics easily tell what will happen, if anything).

- "Once we know one way or another (read: we really want to get those character moved over but technical issues have to be dealt with), we'll begin Plot Reclamation."

Again, talking about our "coming back" being tied to Plot Reclamation strongly hints at actually being imported where Plot Reclamation will happen.
    It says the "import or not" decision will have to be taken before next Plot Reclamation, this sort of hints at a medium term answer.

They did not tell about subscription options for those imported players though, and this is confusing for those of us that would like to get in game already, before their Unity characters are imported.

Some kind of answer could help here, it's all about money Vi could make right now and they don't, because we don't know what to do as for choosing what subscription to take today.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

I had two previous trial accounts on the NA shards, and before I signed up for a subscription for one of them, I asked for the possibility of getting my Unity characters transferred to that account when they had figured out a way to do it, and the response was positiv.
    They said in the reply that it would be possible to keep the account I have now and transfer my Unity characters to it. It wasn't necessary to transfer the account from Unity, just the characters. But of course they couldn't be more specific than that.

But I think it's safe to say that if characters gets transferred from Unity, they can get transferred to an existing account if you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post

- "Once we know one way or another (read: we really want to get those character moved over but technical issues have to be dealt with), we'll begin Plot Reclamation."

Again, talking about our "coming back" being tied to Plot Reclamation strongly hints at actually being imported where Plot Reclamation will happen.
    It says the "import or not" decision will have to be taken before next Plot Reclamation, this sort of hints at a medium term answer.
    Not sure if I'm reading your post right Vahrokh, so I just wanted to toss in: Unity work and Plot Recalims have no relation.

Horizons - CS was responding to my inquiry in that thread, where I said "Congrats on billing, when's plot reclaims?" That quote from him explains that Virtrium is taking tasks on one at a time in this order:

1.) Fix Billing
    2.) Fix Unity
    3.) <Insert other projects here>
    ?.) Plot Reclaim

Unity won't necessarily be imported at the same time that plots are reclaimed (did I read that thought in your post correctly?). We just know that Unity is presently being worked on as top project.

So, the OP's request for an update still stands... Horizons-CS: Any word?

(After all, for all we know some technical problem may still come along and scrap the entire project.)
    Vermithraxx Draconis, Spirit Shard 12/29/03, 1st Helian Adult 03/17/04 [Retired]
    Vermithraxis Draconis, Chaos Shard 06/28/07, Lunus Adult 07/18/07, 100/100/100 09/03/07
    Biped: HLR 100/SPRD 45/CNJ 44/MIN 100/TNK 100/ARM 100/SPL 100/WPN 90/JWL 100/OUT 69/BLK 58/GTH 76/ENC 53...

oh oh
    hope raised... I so terribly want my Sigismund back.
    but till some real solid confirmation I'm still preparing on big disappointment and sadness again.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post

Not sure if I'm reading your post right Vahrokh, so I just wanted to toss in: Unity work and Plot Recalims have no relation.

Horizons - CS was responding to my inquiry in that thread, where I said "Congrats on billing, when's plot reclaims?" That quote from him explains that Virtrium is taking tasks on one at a time in this order:

1.) Fix Billing
    2.) Fix Unity
    3.) <Insert other projects here>
    ?.) Plot Reclaim

Unity won't necessarily be imported at the same time that plots are reclaimed (did I read that thought in your post correctly?). We just know that Unity is presently being worked on as top project.

So, the OP's request for an update still stands... Horizons-CS: Any word?

(After all, for all we know some technical problem may still come along and scrap the entire project.)
    Vermithraxx Draconis, Spirit Shard 12/29/03, 1st Helian Adult 03/17/04 [Retired]
    Vermithraxis Draconis, Chaos Shard 06/28/07, Lunus Adult 07/18/07, 100/100/100 09/03/07
    Biped: HLR 100/SPRD 45/CNJ 44/MIN 100/TNK 100/ARM 100/SPL 100/WPN 90/JWL 100/OUT 69/BLK 58/GTH 76/ENC 53...

lovely thought Ild be happy to have my dragon transfered to my NA account ( now that I get to think of it, my unity and my NA accounts are called the same .. wonder if that means anything )

I'd welcome a transfer of both my characters to Chaos. Not personally fussed about my lair as I had not started it, but I would like my vault/inventory contents moved.

I've got to know quite a few on Chaos, along with some Unity folk... so I quite fancy sticking with this shard rather than being divided between two.

Only quibble I'd have is renaming my existing Chaos character to something else and have my real Master Rakku moved over.

This is just for me personally.

Rakku

Thread Information