• Order

38 36.19%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Unity -> order or chaos?

Default Re: Unity -> order or chaos?

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Come with me to Order...

*lures the cat with spun sugar*
    the thought of meeting your dragon Just might get me to pay for a month when chaos went down i made Epion on order might re awake him to meet u
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    the thought of meeting your dragon Just might get me to pay for a month when chaos went down i made Epion on order might re awake him to meet u
    It will for me a honor to meet you with your Order Dragon Epion

I hope the transfers get going soon

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Order for me

What you mean Vlisson? Do you think there isnt any roleplay at all? Or do I get you wrong? As You know I am not native english too, what makes good rp rather difficult, but thats no reason to skip it.

I even dont understand where the problem is with RP like Lov mentioned.
    Unitys Eisdrache Nemesis of Helian
    Orders Finiaroth Helian

well, I understand what Vliss means (maybe cause we`re old friends^^)-can`t say it better.

What I ment is: Lot of people did not take order into consideration, cause they feared, that they HAVE to do rp- otherwise they`ll not find acceptance or friends.
    I was one of those (I love rp, but did not trust my English language^^) until I was told better

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    Be sure you `ll find a familiar soul, lightning
    She is THE lunus, from the tip of her golden ear to the tip of her golden tail, even I, a lunus myself, sometimes can`t hardly bear.
    And her spelling..

*ducks down and waits for the BONK`s*

I hope some of you all move to Order! I'm freaking lonely now that i've moved out to the EU and my characters are on Order *pouts* That was sorta my reasoning for revisiting, I wanted to see if maybe people would be up when I'm around!

As to the RP, I can say it's EXTREMELY casual. You can jump into the more hardcore stuff if you want, as it's out there. But overall it's EXTREMELY casual. Just join the Market Place and see for yourself. Most are extremly kind and open, and fine if your character is more like yourself. I know I'm not really that awesome of an RP'er nor am I very active about RP and there are plenty who still love me! So do give it a look! Don't be to scared of us. Who knows too, you might really like RP! I wasn't even an RP'er in MMO's before joining this server [way back in the days of Expanse] and it kind of grew on me.

And, I don't wanna be a lonely dragon! *cry*

Quote Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
    What you mean Vlisson? Do you think there isnt any roleplay at all? Or do I get you wrong? As You know I am not native english too, what makes good rp rather difficult, but thats no reason to skip it.

I even dont understand where the problem is with RP like Lov mentioned.
    ^^

my opinion is that (even on rpg shards/ rpg channels/by self-pronounced extreme RPG-persons...) RPG is happening only in rare occassions

so i dont fear an rpg shard because i wont be an exception if i wont do rpg

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    Be sure you `ll find a familiar soul, lightning
    She is THE lunus, from the tip of her golden ear to the tip of her golden tail, even I, a lunus myself, sometimes can`t hardly bear.
    And her spelling..

*ducks down and waits for the BONK`s*
    You're just jelaous when I was back in the old days chilling with Druklar himself in the Prime while babysitting the Sleeper!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I do not know if I am called "extreme-rpg-person" or if I would call myself like that.

But as always, you need at least two PPL to get some RP. From my point of view RP is almost everywhere, because I just let it flow into the game and see what comes back. If there is a response, I go further, if not, I stay on a calm level and will hardly bother anyone by forcing him into RP. Thats why I do not understand the fear.

Of course... if there is a l33t kld it might not receive much response from RP people, but to be honest: I cant answer to something I cant read. That has nothing to do with my addiction to RP. And of course its getting worse if a loudmouth and a missing ability to enunciate fall together, but again, I do not think that depends on RP.
    Orders Finiaroth Helian

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

For those of you who are concerned about the RP on Order, let me state this for the record.

We have people who translate Sephiranoth and Ssilmath.

We have an ashling (an ash golem hatchling).

We have biped hating dragons.

We have detonite and a very serious faultline.

And we have nothing that says you absolutely MUST by ALL means be a native english speaker to role-play. Stumble with your words, Put in the wrong letters because you can't spell. Use your native word order. I'm sure we'll be able to cope and fit you in nicely.

Oh, and if it's not too much trouble, keep in mind that we also have some people who are completely fluent in BACKWARDS.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post

And we have nothing that says you absolutely MUST by ALL means be a native english speaker to role-play. Stumble with your words, Put in the wrong letters because you can't spell. Use your native word order. I'm sure we'll be able to cope and fit you in nicely.

You once encouraged me to do so- and you were right!!

And when I met Sephiranoth for the first time "personally" I could even talk to him without being awestruck. And- no translation required ^^

Oh, and if it's not too much trouble, keep in mind that we also have some people who are completely fluent in BACKWARDS.
    *ffo srepmacs dna selggig*

I'll even go a step further to offer a hand out to those still in debate about whether or not a role-playing shard can be a good thing for you while being non-native english speakers.

What we as a community expect for role-play is this: that when you have your foibles and quibbles and idiosyncracies, you keep them up.

For instance, in dragon, we have dragons who do and don't use the dragon language (there is a dictionary and guide for use by one of the guilds). It's hilarious to see how some of the dragons react when a biped starts speaking in it.

We have some ssliks and dragons who hold out the sibilants (s, z, sh, zh).

That does not mean that ALL use them. Individuals do as they see fit to have a personality to their characters.

Just keep in mind that anything you throw at us will be taken primarily as RP unless surrounded by (()), marked as OOC-, or given some indication that you're not wanting it to be RP. And even then, the non-game channels (Dragon, MarketPlace, NewPlayer) are really the only ones where RP is more expected than not. Any player-made channels (found without a Bot (Istarian) in them) are very much open for RP/non-RP interaction and the rules are relaxed. That isn't to say that RP is ignored there.

With that in mind, I talked with one dragon, RomeoMD, who resides in Germany and is looking for some native german speakers on Order shard. Zexoin is in France and we have a Franco channel set up for those who prefer french. I've even been known to speak fluent latin (classical, Roman, not pig or Central American) from time to time.
    Last edited by C`gan; March 7th, 2008 at 02:26 PM.

I fully agree with C'gan. I am native german to and I am afraid that is quite noticable especially while (role-)playing.
    But I never experienced that someone was jellin at me in about that any way.

Its just the opposite. Everyone is trying to help if I ask.

Even things that may cause a little blush are no problem. I asked lately if "to mount her from behind" must always have a sexual meaning or if it would be ok to describe that Finiaroth was climbing a dragoness up her tail. I did not dare to write this openly until I was shure it has at least two meanings (including the one I wanted to describe), but now I think it would not have been a problem even if it would have been offending to someone.

Zexoin, Romeo is always welcome to contact Finiaroth or join the "german" chatchannel I created a while ago when my chaotic german friend visited order.
    Orders Finiaroth Helian

Quote Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
    Zexoin, Romeo is always welcome to contact Finiaroth or join the "german" chatchannel I created a while ago when my chaotic german friend visited order.
    Actually I've never met that Romeo :-o
    But if I meet him I'll let him know

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    I think I have more screen shots of Spirit.

By the way, I find odd that none recalls of that ultra-mega-extra ancient dragon I wanted to put in, Sappiroth.

He was eldesness incarnated (and a cool guy).

But that was... before. Just before. Before most elders existed.
    Blehh I need to check this forum more regularly than every 3 months :S

Have a bunch of old screenies lying around too, always makes me sentimental to go through them.

And off course I remember Saphi he's my ROP brother(silly bugger beat me to lvl 100 :P), I'm still in contact with him, though I don't think I will be able to drag him by his tail into HZ again

I remember the time after ROP had just come out on ICE, I have never before or since played a game that much, spent pretty much all my time helping people with their ROP's. Great time and good memories

As for server it would Chaos since a couple of old faces like thumb(reached rating 999 in crafting yet? ) are there, and it sounds as if that's where most of the unity people will go.
    Last edited by Uro; March 7th, 2008 at 08:00 PM.
    Uroloki Chaos (Unity)(ice)

Looking forward to seing u there Ur - I'll be on both shards as new Shul's is a better cavedigger than ol' one, not to mention that I sit on a near-finished lair.

Expect me to be the superior-to-all-other-pathetic-lifeforms Lunatic u know from time to time on Order...

Oh, you're going to have to fight Saphire and DharSii on THAT score, Amerelium.

I look forward to the destruction in the Dragon channel when that fight occurs!

For those of you who are concerned about the RP on Order, let me state this for the record.
    I am more concerned by the utter lack of people I found online, it was like 20 in my prime time (about 9 CET).
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Thread Information