Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Developer Discussion: Big Changes in Delta 120

Default Developer Discussion: Big Changes in Delta 120

Use this thread to discuss changes contained with Delta 120.

To review the article, go here.

To review the release notes for Delta 120, go here.
    Last edited by Istaria CS; September 12th, 2007 at 04:05 PM. Reason: fixed url

Default Re: Developer Discussion: Big Changes in Delta 120

The other big change is for Lairshaping. We’ve lowered the construction requirements for all lair chambers and corridors, with the exception of Halls (including the Grand Hall). These changes are significant and are meant to spur construction, rather than stifling it like the previous requirements did. In particular, the changes are meant to make it far easier for players to construct storage chambers and corridors so that they can more easily build the rest of their lair.
    I love you!! Ummm... errr... that makes me very happy I mean

Nadias price back to normal ! Corridors and chambers requiring less units ! yay long live Vitrium ^_^

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Elsa the Tazoon Bank Manager will now offer a Vault upgrade to level VII for qualified applicants.
    This one has been long sought after, especially by those who missed out on vault 7 by doing the free quest early. HOWEVER, while you are fixing that one, there is a problem with the vault purchasing. After you can no longer get the quest at racial towns and have to go speak with Elsa, when you do to buy the next upgrade, a chat tab flashes up with the name Nellisha. It doesn't open a separate window and it's the wrong person!

I hope this goes to live quickly. Very nice set of things, including the lairshaping resource reductions!
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Some of the new things we added and changed are meant to reduce the grind and encourage returning players.
    I am encouraged already, all I need now is to be imported from Unity!
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Yea Deth's Roast will make it into the world after all! And glad to see spells linked, I have never used older versions of spells but for buffing passing players that were out side of my current spell range.

One question. Any word on the Vista Fix? I am unable to log in currently but I am supporting the game.

Is this on Blight now? Can anyone post the new Lairshaping requirements?

Blight is still under maintenance to me

What a great bunch of fixes! The New trismus quest fixes... nadia prices... Lowered laircrafting resource requirements...

The only thing people might be concerned with is the linked spell timers. I think if someone can adjust play style, it will not be that bad. Instead of a mage using say Flame Bomb V, then Flame Bomb IV, etc. Use Flame Bomb V, then Ice Bomb V, then Energy Bomb V, switch to bolt, etc. Be interesting to see how players adapt. Should at least allow for some cleaned up hotkeys

My dragon can get rid of blast 4, tempest 4, barrage 4 and gust 4 hotkeys.

Question: will the resources needed on under-construction lair rooms be lowered as well? or does it have to be deleted and re-placed? How close are these delta's ready to going live?
    Last edited by Guaran; September 12th, 2007 at 04:40 PM. Reason: question

The other big change is for Lairshaping. We’ve lowered the construction requirements for all lair chambers and corridors, with the exception of Halls (including the Grand Hall). These changes are significant and are meant to spur construction, rather than stifling it like the previous requirements did. In particular, the changes are meant to make it far easier for players to construct storage chambers and corridors so that they can more easily build the rest of their lair.
    So <3...Much <3....LOVE! <3 <3 <3 <3

I'm not really concerned about mages, since they are quite possibly the most powerful biped class in the game at the current time.

I AM concerned about nature using classes, which are the lowest damage classes in the game. I've seen monks outdamage my ranger. My level 30 dragon outdamages my level 100 ranger on every single hit. Yet we are the ones being hurt with this.

Let me be clear: I don't disagree with linked spell timers. However, this change gimps the most gimped classes in the game. Do do their incredibly low damage, Druids, Rangers, Guardians, and especially Storm Disciples really only had one option open to them: they could stun mobs to death. Now they can't:P.

I wouldn't have minded this change so much if some of the outstanding issues with the nature, archer, and monk classes were addressed at the same time. The horribly low damage outputs of all those classes being the main issue.

I'm just kind of surprised that I see a dragon go, gather up an entire spawn, and kill them all without even a heal (or any danger whatsoever), while my Ranger/Healer/Druid is apparently deemed unbalanced for being able to take on less than one third that number of mobs. And unlike those uber dragons I occasionally even die while trying to do that.

I'm also kind of ticked that there are now many mobs that are immune to nature damage, but hardly any mobs that are immune to other forms of damage.

I was in Druid form the other day without a physical weapon and I stood there for 5 minutes trying to figure out what I should do with a LEVEL 20 MOB that had aggroed me. I couldn't kill it cause it was completely immune to the only damage type I possessed. Couldn't run away cause it would just follow me unless I completely exited its spawn area. Which is finally what I did. Didn't want to, but I had to:P.

I played a Ranger, and I don't think there is a person the shard saying my character has low damage output. This is a step to make the classes more unique again, a Ranger should not be casting damage nature spells, really only the utility types (stuns, roots, etc). Use your bow for damage, and use the multiclassing system to augment your attack power.
    The same works for both Guardian and Storm Disciple. Druid was already extremely powerful as is, if played correctly.

oh Kudos on the making Bottle Caps stack by the way. I've been wanting that one ever since the Bittle Pickle was released hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by AA0 View Post
    I played a Ranger, and I don't think there is a person the shard saying my character has low damage output. This is a step to make the classes more unique again, a Ranger should not be casting damage nature spells, really only the utility types (stuns, roots, etc). Use your bow for damage, and use the multiclassing system to augment your attack power.
    The same works for both Guardian and Storm Disciple. Druid was already extremely powerful as is, if played correctly.
    What is the strength of your character? Mine has the natural 600 strength because I'm not a crafter. So I'm stuck with low damage because I don't want to grind Miner up to level 100? That's just stupid. I've already multiclassed 3 schools to 100 in order to get higher healing power and greater nature damage. But without maxing out Power and Strength, I can't do any significant damage.

Loving the patch, now give me my dragon back! <3

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

OK, I see where chamber and corridor requirements are going down.....sounds good

But in an old patch to blight there was to be a reduction in the raw gem requirements for Tri-cuts. Has that gone live? Is it still on blight?
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Yes that is in the 119 note that was pushed to blight last year. http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16401

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    The only thing people might be concerned with is the linked spell timers. I think if someone can adjust play style, it will not be that bad. Instead of a mage using say Flame Bomb V, then Flame Bomb IV, etc. Use Flame Bomb V, then Ice Bomb V, then Energy Bomb V, switch to bolt, etc. Be interesting to see how players adapt. Should at least allow for some cleaned up hotkeys

My dragon can get rid of blast 4, tempest 4, barrage 4 and gust 4 hotkeys.
    Sadly, that was nearly the only real advantage to be a pure Dragon spellcaster compared to a melee based one. Now that is gone, we don't have much left. *grinds teeth*
    I hope they will remember we still exist by adding Gold Burst for example. But I won't hold my breath on this one.

However, it's a nice patch (Nadia prices!).
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

This really shows that the listen to our suggestions.
    Great patch.
    Can't wait to get this to live servers!!!
    Hopefully soon.

Salis

PS. I wonder if we could have an event prior to this delta where we get to beat up Nadia so that we have a "Roleplay" reason to have here lower her prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    So <3...Much <3....LOVE! <3 <3 <3 <3
    <Grins> Agreed..

Sheriff of the Order Roleplay Police Squad

Thread Information