Thread: Forum Suggestion: Get rid of post timer

Default Forum Suggestion: Get rid of post timer

please?

I'm a fast typer (130+ WPM). I"m a fast replier. I have soemtimes 2-4 or five threads open at the same time, reading through each page, etc etc. So that I get to the end of threads at the same time, in multiple threads.

When I go to reply, sometimes it just does NOT take me 2 minutes to reply to each post. Heck unless I'm writing a dissertation, it doesn't take two minutes. And I always "quick reply".

PUHLLEAASEEE - can we get rid of the "minimum 120 seconds between posts" rule. Tazoon never had it - I don't see a reason for it.

It just means I have to sit there watching my replies and waiting...*click...click...* and being annoyed that I have to wait 2 minutes before I can post something.

Truly what purpose does this have?? EI put it up, along with the "minimum characters allowed" I'm sure to try and prevent a massive spam backlash due to their..not so great practices.

So please - can we ditch the post timer!!

Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Default Re: Forum Suggestion: Get rid of post timer

It's to prevent spammers I think.

It could be reduced to 60s instead, at least remove most of the problems

Have we seriously had a spammer here since we took care of the Discussion Forums bug, in which people could post anonymously? I mean, honestly. I'm along with the OP, I don't type quite as fast as she does, but I can do 80+ WPM myself, and sometimes, 2 minutes is just too long to wait between being able to post.

Since one requires a Registered Username to use these forums, Spamming probably wouldn't be as bad of a problem here. We could at least take it down to 60 seconds, if not 30.

I support the OP on this, completely. Please change it. It, with the minimum character limit, is only a useless hassle.

Yes we have. I have reported 2 **** spams and a drug spammer with about 50+ links in his 1 post. Both with-in the last 2 weeks or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Yes we have. I have reported 2 **** spams and a drug spammer with about 50+ links in his 1 post. Both with-in the last 2 weeks or so.
    So you report them, and get them banned, and the posts removed. Problem solved.

If there are not enough moderators around, well, I'm quite sure you, or I could name off nearly a dozen long-term players with whom we could trust Mod rights.

A 30s timer isn't really going to change their ability to spam much, over a 120 second timer. *Shrugs*

Hey I am not for or against the time. I just said why I thought they had it is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Hey I am not for or against the time. I just said why I thought they had it is all.

Ahh, okay, sounded like you were against it for a min there. My apologies.

No worries. I post stuff and work and try to get just the fact out I am trying to get across, as I have little time to post sometime, and forget to state clearly my stand on something. Oh and just so you know I am not stalking you. I am just bored at work quite often and you seem to be a prolific poster like my self.

and I get the wait for 13 sec. LOL

see!! exactly!!

Yea, shorten it to 30 or 45 seconds...anything...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Good news! the timer has been shortened to 119 seconds! Enjoy! :P

*runs* they're gona kill me! *hides*

Thread Information