Thread: Why do the subscriptions have to be so complicated??

Default Why do the subscriptions have to be so complicated??

Why can't it be like every other game and we just give them our credit card and they take out every month and we all play and we are happy? This is forcing me to stay up at 3 AM to figure this out ><
    Looking for a "dentist" to fix Lunarya's blue teeth

Lunarya and Akenokoru on Chaos.
    Help make Evarus grow!

Default Re: Why do the subscriptions have to be so complicated??

I'd offer to give you advice for working with PayPal, however, that will probably cvff-bss the mods. The best advice I can give you if you're having trouble completing the PayPal transaction is to open a ticket describing your problem and what you would like them (the CSR) to do for you.

That being said, I think it's safe to discuss /which/ subscription or how many of them to get.

As to why you can't just give them your CC, by using PayPal, your CC is kept on PayPal's servers, not Virtrium's. This way it's kept in a secure manner and Virtrium can focus on developing Horizons and not Horizons billing. There is also a large initial startup cost for processing your (their) own transactions and has limitations (such as the number of charges per month). For the size of Horizons, it's much cheaper to let someone else handle it.

I have $8 in my paypal, and its take 3-5 days for it to exchange money because I dont have a credit card and it has to take it straight out of the bank.

The only thing I am really worried about now is losing my plot because I am unable to pay for a subscription at this time.
    Looking for a "dentist" to fix Lunarya's blue teeth

Lunarya and Akenokoru on Chaos.
    Help make Evarus grow!

I don't think they're doing reclaims yet. I expect there to be a big fat warning everywhere long before that happens.

I'm confused. You want to give Vitrium your credit card information, but then later say you don't have enough on your CC to pay for a subscription?

If you have your bank account or a credit card linked to a paypal account (which it sounds like you do because you're talking about transfering in), you do NOT have to transfer in to paypal in order to make the transaction work. I had nothing in my paypal account yesterday, but it is linked to my bank account and a credit card. I made my year payment just fine without waiting any time what so ever. You do NOT have to have money in your paypal account, you do NOT have to transfer money in at all, in order to cover whatever you charge via paypal so long as paypal is linked to another account that it can pull the funds from.

Also, if you have further questions, this thread http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16441 was started by a player who knows what he's doing, and there's much more information provided there than just what he started with. To keep it so others with the same problems as you can find answers to their questions, I'd like to ask that you post on there and let someone answer.

Hope that helps

And remember, AE Tulga and EI never processed CC info by themselves, they made a "mask" to cover you against the complexity of doing the very same operation with Bibit, PBT and more.

Paypal is a bit harder to operate with, because they are a serious corporation working like a bank, and like a bank their access procedures prefer safety over simplicity.

Your money, when dealing with the former Hz owners, has been a LOT more in danger (still, not really much) in the past than now.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Even if you can't pay for a few days, reclaimations only affected those without an account, and had a significant grace time to sign back up again, there is no way you'll lose your plot because of a few days. Maybe if you let it slip for well over a month..

Thread Information