Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Response to MMORPG Question About Unity

Default Re: Response to MMORPG Question About Unity

*gets the whip out*

Lets keep things on track please.

-Menkure

Ok i am also running vista and outside of the occasional incompatability i realy like the OS. and yr right i could just run XP if i want to down grade my pc that is. i dont know where u are getting all this info from that it is just marketing mumbo jumbo because its not the new hardware will not work with xp at all, end of story [MS] wins game over.

now as far as more pressing problems then a vista fix goes as some one had said consider this. go out to best buy or where ever a average person would go and buy a pc with xp on it, its not gana happen unless the pc is used or yr in a used store. in fact go out to best buy u cant even get the geek squad to put xp on a pc that came with vista wether it will work or not because of some agreement with [MS] acording to the sales people there. in fact the best buy here in town atleast dosent even carry the full xp OS anymore i spent halfe a day trying to find one and stapels was the only store in town that still had copys and they had to remove them from there shelfs by the end of september.

now say timmy goes to the store buys a pc and wants to play HZ instales the game starts an account and then he cant play. guess what now timmy and his friends dont play HZ because they cant and if they cant get new blood in game how can it live.

my point is remember not all of us in the world are smart enough to make are own drivers and find ways around the vista problems.

but back to the topic i to am trying to get one of my accounts back so i feel for u guys and i hope its one of the next things to happen u guys have been nice about it and patiant about it for along time now and have been some of the most supportive posters in the forums that i have seen, u guys deserve a bit of good news and some play time with yr toons.

It would be hard to loose all stored formes on my plot, but not all are not recoverable. Pevil what do you mean about a hunting party with meara, nesa and you on Chaos (maybe Aleriana will come to help too .. i really miss those hours killing Beetles on Fire Island ^^)

hehe a hunting party would indeed be good... specially with you guys back! Salama and Nagafyn too, Sprit will hopefully return.... ahhhh that would be great. *wingwaves to Nesa btw*

Perhaps the unrecoverable forms could be given back to those characters who had already got them... would save them disappearing completely if Chaos/Order people who own them stop playing, but still keep them fairly rare.
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

*wingwave back from Nesa and from our cute little hatchi (it was born on 07.07.07 )

Most not recoverable Forms stored are from events and were those i couldnt scribe until then (Tarot was not really fast with craftig ). Chaos would be definitely my choice.

Edited: Sorry I didn't see that top post... *keeping the thread on topic*

Rakku
    Last edited by Spirit; September 20th, 2007 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Didn't see mod message above.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    Edited: Sorry I didn't see that top post... *keeping the thread on topic*
    Threads have topics now? Why wasn't I informed!

I've decided I'm not really bothered about getting my exact lair back. It had a nice view, but there are others just as good. As long as I get novians, and can find a decent lair to rebuild in, I'll be happy. If the worst come to the worst, I can just buy a *shudders* guild lair.

Antonath

i still love the idea for us unity refugees

give us an unity island!!!

we will loose the most stuff we have (plots/structures/the vault of the buildings)

so it would be nice for the unitarians who want to stay and continue their journey with horizons!

anything new on this yet?

For me the majority of time invested was in the dragonsl levels... I'm really not bothered about vault/inv contents now.

However it would be nice to at least have my money and hoard intact! And my scales.. ... and my claws. Everything infact that is Me... the vault isn't me it's in a bank.

Rakku

I regularly chopped off my own limbs, stuffed them in the vault and regenerated them. I want my vault contents!
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Only you tramsan.. ... lol.. *sigh*

Rakku

I want my vault back! It's my safe deposit box, where I keep all the stuff I want to keep long-term. I've got halloween masks and costumes as well as the sweets to use them, stuff from my Rite of Passage, my hatchie-quest scales, a "uniform" from my guild... I really don't want to lose all that

Money can be earned, hoard can be... erm, hoarded, but that sort of item is irreplaceable.

Antonath

seems that there are bigger problems then we thougth

i wondered looking at the map if their is as yet land tobe revealed to the East?Map seems to just end with a straight cut off.maybe if their is plenty of unused space over their Unity could be put their...just need a gate to say brist/taz or something.could make up a group of plots similair to guild type area...i wonder how many plots that would be i remember unity being highly populated after merge.
    All alone in the dark

Chaos..Morrtoc
    Unity..Brainbasher(MorrBasher on Chaos)

The land east of the Wedge was to be the subject of an expansion, with at least one more race to free; Welgers?

I think another island, or more properly subcontinent or continent would be better for the Unitarians. If nothing else, the commute to the rest of Istaria would be less eventful .
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

[quote=Amerelium;160535]I don't believe for a SECOND that they cant' get full DX10 compatability with windows XP. That is all marketing horsepoopoo, made so to make everybody run and get the new OS. If not Microsoft, ATI/NVidia or the gamedevelopers manages this themselves, there's plenty of hacker types out there that will write drivers for it../quote]

I was rereading this thread and saw that statement. Just thought I'd say that Epic already got some way to DX10 ish effects under DX9 in UT2007.
    GameGrin.com News monkey
    Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me....

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons CS View Post
    From the MMORPG Interview:

I can only imagine the fallout that would occur if we brought the Unity characters over, but mapped them to the wrong accounts...
    Isnt it possible to give players the ability to transfer their chars to accounts they desire?

This is just a suggestion that i dont know if is possible but i m sure if everyobody would give their own suggestion, the game staff might find something useful to aid them.

There are many players that have knowledge to work with databases and adress problems related to them. so why not post a list of issues somewhere and see what players come up with to solve them?

*hopes he makes sense*

Thread Information