Thread: Bristugo Portals

Default Bristugo Portals

Its just a thought but....

Who all would think it would be a good idea to combine all the bristugo portal destinations into one portal?
    Chromos - 100 Ancient Lunus, 100 DragonCrafter,100 Lairshaper
    Titles - Expert DragonCrafter - Expert Lairshaper

Default Re: Bristugo Portals

Uh...... hrm.....
    I can see me scrolling for a year to find the right portal hehe

Uhm, I would rather love to be able to put a portal in my lair linked only to Bristugo.
    But yeah I agree with Starmind, would give a lot of scrolling whenever you want to port out of it. And I currently like the fact that each portal has a certain set of destinations.
    I would leave it like it is.
    I would rather have it that we could have some community projects to construct our own portals in the communities who lack one at the moment. Could be a fairly huge project if you wanted too. I'm sure a lot of people would love to be able to make more portals as a group effort.

Salis

Quote Originally Posted by Salis View Post
    I would rather have it that we could have some community projects to construct our own portals in the communities who lack one at the moment.
    I would love this as well.

There are lots of communities out there that have empty 25x25 plots and no portal out. Rearrange things to make the plots into 30x30 or 40x40 and allow players to construct a portal out there... you'll see people spreading out over the land

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    ....There are lots of communities out there that have empty 25x25 plots and no portal out....
    Yup, it's the Three Ls again; Location, Location, Location, and Transportation always factors big in that equation. Until transportation to those little backwater communities improves, I can guarantee they will continue to be exactly what they are now: ghost towns.

I'm not too sure why the devs have it set up this way. Did they consciously decide to create these sleepy little backwaters? Or, perhaps they intend to create buildable portals someday? Dunno....

Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Originally... back in beta if I remember right, they were saying that if a community began to grow and thrive, then things like portals, vaults, etc. would show up. So it may be that these little communities were put out there for just that reason.

That never happened though. It would be a great idea IMO, but even with a portal, a 25x25 plot is really small.

Quote Originally Posted by Starmind View Post
    Uh...... hrm.....
    I can see me scrolling for a year to find the right portal hehe
    lol, like I said, just a thought. After all worst idea is no idea at all.
    Chromos - 100 Ancient Lunus, 100 DragonCrafter,100 Lairshaper
    Titles - Expert DragonCrafter - Expert Lairshaper

I don't think it'd take that long to scroll through them, especially when they were alphabetical. Just grab the button the scrollbar and drag it down until you come to the letter the place starts with, and then go from there...

If there was just one portal, there wouldn't be the square, the central place in which players gather. Plus, if more players would come in again, it would rather be a madhouse at the one single portal; probably the portal would be invisible half the time with dragons parked on there trying to find their destination (or just chatting away of course )

no, I love bristugo the way it is right now.
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

I do remember that Tulga was, at one point, thinking of making it so players could build portals on their plots. I would like to see that *instead* of Bristugo!
    What? Huh? I didn't say that. I'm.. uh.. I'm.. uh..

-Peaches

Yeah, that's right! I grew a little.. And rolled in red paint...

Thread Information