Thread: Built Plot Structures

Default Built Plot Structures

How many of us have designed a plot and then once we popped a few buildings.. walls.. we notice that we left a gap.. sides don't match up.. etc?

Would it ever be possible to move built buildings and stuff around once they are built? Plot designing take a long time... and I've never been able to design and build one without having to make changes once it was built. To destroy and move it means you have to replace 20% of the materials to complete it again. If we were able to move built items around would make life so much easier. OR if buildings could be destroyed and you got a "building token" (Idea from another post I commented in) for it it would be easier to destroy and re-plan and build again.

Any of these ideas sound good or possible?? I love moving stuff around in my house in real life. It would be cool to be able to re-arrange your plot without having to go through a whole rebuilding process.. which would be near impossible.. due to the fact you would have to first.. empty all of the structures.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: Built Plot Structures

Well, that's why you should walk around your plot and check out the preview on how it's going to be finalized before hitting the build key. Much of the time, even with the align keys, I end up nuding by 1 a structure I'm placing to make it fit where I want it to, with no gaps.

For a bit of added bonus, there is a little bit of overlap available now for walls and floors so you can tuck under or push up against and the new one will still build so there are no funky gaps.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Default Re: Built Plot Structures

I still think the ability to "re-arrange" your plot would be an awesome idea. You might have to destroy all your walkways.. but then move all the buildings around to give it a fresh new look.

I also am not a fan of the Permission options. If I am not mistaken.. The whole plot can be set to Friends only but, you can't give friends only permissions on a single structure. I am still not a fan about other my characters not having access to my plot. If I want to set plot for guild only.. then my other characters can't access it and visa versa. Why not make a building able to be set for guild only AND friends only. That way my guild can use my plot.. and I can access it on my alts and my kids can use it as well?

I remember way back when, when plots were set to deny all or friends only players got hit by a big red wall and couldn't even run through the plot. How does either of these settings effect Vaults and shops to other players? For example.. If I set the whole plot to friends only.. would the general population be able to use my vault? I also remember that there was some bug.. thing.. where if you set plot to deny all and set buildings to open to all.. there was a spot where you could get close enough to access a person's building even with the red wall.

Thread Information