In the vein of similar but different here is my idea for Dragon multi-classing.

First there would be 3 classes that would be a base. Mage, Warrior and Healer. Where the difference is the first you start becomes your primary the next you start would be your secondary and the final would be your trediary. You could never level beyond a set level in your secondary and trediary classes. I was thinking 50 for secondary and 25 for trediary.

I was think to make it worth while to take the 3rd class that only stat points and skill points be given in the first 25 levels of a class, to just help boost that skill for those that wanted to take the third class and round out their dragon some.

The next 25 levels 26-50 would be passive abilities that boast their Primary skill type from the Dragon adventure class, +X spell damage/melee/Healing and maybe new breath abilities. As well as stat and skill gains like the first 25 levels.

You start getting the new active abilities and skills/spells for the last 50 Levels. Here is where new spells could be added for all 3 classes, as well as abilities and still again you keep gaining stat and skill points. As well father improvements to your breath abilities you gained from this class in earlier levels.

I had the thought that making the secoundary and trediary classes cost more XP to level, I.E. Secoundary would be X2 xp per level need to level and trediary would be x4 to level. So it would be as if you leveled 3 more classes to 100 if you maxed all three out. That Idea I am not so sure about now and trying to balance it out so the trediary class would be worth the time may be too hard and just the fact that you gain only stat and Skill point for a very limited level would be limiting enough in it's self.

Classes and thoughts on what should be gained for each:
Mage:
1-25: Primal, Power, Dex
26-50: Primal, Power, Dex, Breath AOE attacks, longer range single target breath attacks, + damage to spells
51-100: Primal, Power, Dex, Breath AOE attacks, longer range single target breath attacks, + damage to spells, New spell targeting buffs (I.E. + to range, damage,duration) Reduce casting time buffs

Healer:
1-25: Primal and T&C (but half as much as the other two classes), Focus, Armour
26-50: Primal, Focus, Armour, Breath heals, + heal to spells
51-100: Primal, Focus, Armour, Breath heals, + heal to spells, New spell targeting buffs (I.E. + to range, heal ,duration) Reduce casting time buffs

Warrior:
1-25: T&C, Str, Armour
26-50: T&C, Str, Armour, Breath PBOE, + damage to melee
51-100: T&C, Str, Armour, Breath PBOE, + damage to melee, New melee targeting buffs (I.E. damage,bleed effect, stun effect) Reduce melee time buffs

I hope you get the idea. I would love feed back.