Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, how to grind craft now that lodestones are out of the question...

Default So, how to grind craft now that lodestones are out of the question...

so, any advice? mah mate needs higher craft skills to help with my lair (she can barely gather T2 resources) but without lodestones to pump exp, what can be done??? just sit there and grind on single-resource scales?

Default Re: So, how to grind craft now that lodestones are out of the question...

There is a T5 smelting chamber in a lair not too far from the slate in Snowfall. Strength + scalecraft scales, a bunch of bricks, and uhm.. yeah. It's not all that bad.

Default Re: So, how to grind craft now that lodestones are out of the question...

umm. Yup.. Stone scales... tis the way to lvl it up pretty much. dont know about lvling up lairshaper.. but for drag crafter.. thats the way to do it.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

I dont understand why all whine about those lodestones stuff, there where even lvl 100 crafters before lairshaping came in, including me. Best is to lvl with spells near your skill or like said stonescales. Lairshaiper you lvl best up with imbued bars.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    I dont understand why all whine about those lodestones stuff
    i was brought up on lodestonegrind, i know no other way. i'm just spoilt.

Must resist............not resisting well. *starts rant*

Sure you people can get to level 100 craft no problem! It has been done before. Why when I did it back in Unity it only took about oooooh maybe 7 mindnumbing, cruel, agonizing, painfully slow, horrible..... HORRIBLE months to get there making only spells and deconstructing them again, and again, and again, and AGAIN...... Why I could make a whole 2 levels by working the whole entire day by nonstop grinding. And who here doesn't enjoy diging for hours nonstop and chasing wisps that refuse to stop! Or taking that huge load, dragging it so slowly that you swear a year passed by the time you finally reached the plot with the machines it. And finally to do that over again 30 more times before you finally made a new level! Weee what fun!

And look how I turned out *eye twitches and wears a giant grin on face

(Ah I am just joking , it isn't THAT bad. I am the way I am now because of lairshaping. ;P But still..... good luck getting to 100 craft without lodestones! *insane laughter* You will NEED it!)
    Last edited by Xanthia; September 24th, 2007 at 04:48 AM.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

heh.. I know of a dragon that lvled from lvl 80-100 in <3 days... it is not a terribly difficult task.. and they hit 100 yesterday.. and they did it on stone scales... Trust me.. it is faster then spells because scales require only stone... spells require stone and orbs... while you may get more xp per item.. you loose too much time acquiring all the items needed for the creation.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Is exp on Tri-cut gems also nerfed badly ? I leveled quite a bit on those on Unity (and made money to boot) and want to know what I should plan ahead for now that I am re-leveling on Chaos

/Scraggy

er so I shouldn't lvl DCRA on spellshards?

Sianan + Pooki + Lotus Blossom

My Hatchling was 20/100, and completed crafting of 20-100 in less than 7 days. It is done completely on stone scales, in the best spots (which most don't know of because they are too busy complaining) and using reaping potions. It isn't difficult at all, never did I make any lair materials at all... nor have to fly or dodge mobs.

Care to share your "best spots" list AAO? Since you are already 100 we won't be competing with you

I am currently 89 and spent all day yesterday grinding obsidian scales at the crafting cave south of Dralk. I went from beginning of 88 to beginning of 89 in about 7 hours work. I'd love to know if there's a more efficient way to get to 100 than what I'm doing, because at this rate, it's going to be a while...

Well first I hope you have a set of fully teched T5 scales with your crafting techs. That helps a lot.

I went from 70-100 in the obsidian, took about 3.5-4 days. Granite works best in Trandalar, Valley of Repose. Slate in Mahagra, Sandstone.. anywhere. Pretty simple, teched scales are most important for processing skills, speed, and then scalecraft...

I did from 0 - mid 70's without lodestones (then i found out about 'em and gave in to the temptation...oops) and its not so bad. Just keep on top of the Dimensional Pocket quests, always have the best disc you can use (if doing single resource scales, a flying disc or tarbash are best with their high capacity single stack) and the best scale pack you can use. If possible, get crafting scales (+stoneworking, +scalecraft, +quarrying) as well so they can move up the tiers a little faster. Try to only make stuff you're optimum/near optimum on, so you make more scales per load, plus get more resources back from deconning. And try to work somewhere with lots of resources near a (preferably player made) machine.

E.g. my T2 stuff was slate at Mahagra and consisted of filling the disc with slate, turning that into slate bricks, then parking the disc at the machine and running between the field and my disc, until the disc was filled with slate bricks. Then turn every last brick into scales, deconning as you go, then back to filling up the disc with raw slate.

Next was Drift Point, for T3. I think I was here from 45 - 65 (and shoulda stayed longer really) but this was pretty good for me. Someone had built a stoneworker and blacksmith right by the granite, and few others were ever there to get resources. But the best bit was I was 50 Adv at the time, so if the nodes ran out I could kill the golems, get some exp for that, and then harvest their bodies as well.

Once I got a few silos in my lair, I also had a little crafting help going for my guildmates which could be worth seeing if anyone can do for your mate. Basically I could gather huge amounts of raw stone in the lower tiers ridiculously fast and it helped me with lairshaping as well. I'd fill T1 silos with the raw resources and give guildmates only access, so they could use it as long as they promised to help me fill it up again once they could gather quickly.
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

I went from 70-100 just working on my grand hall.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

I stuck it out at the obsidian and made 100 yesterday. Thanks for the advice everyone

Funny. The last entry here was when i took a large break- but, now that i am back, here goes...

I play bipeds. Always have, but my son is wanting to be a draggie and loves crafting. Problem i have with dragon crafting it seems like there is a heck of alot of running around looking for a dragon scale forge, and they always seem to be a fair distance from the resources. Guess as a Saris, I am spoiled, since our tables and such are "right there" at the resource, for the most part.

OK< bottom line question here: He is a level 11 dragon crafter, and has done almost all of the level 10 crafting quests- now that its over, whats the most efficient way for him to level? I keep hearing of making stone scales. OK, great- so are there any scale crafting forges near the sources of sandstone? I mean like in Draalk where the forge is practically right on top of the obsidian?

until lvl 25 craft, better craft and decon sandstone spells, they are much better xp

Anvils can be used when making scales. That needs to be said since it makes it much, much easier. XD But as Zexoin says, for T1 making a bunch of spellshards and mass deconning the spells is usually the suggested method.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    Anvils can be used when making scales. That needs to be said since it makes it much, much easier. XD
    Aye, that too ! Player-built anvils don't give bonus to scalecraft though.

Thread Information