Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An update on progress

Default An update on progress

I was curious to know what more is in store for us as far as new content and stuff. I know they just released a nice content patch, fixed a bunch of stuff.. saved the game.. etc. What else do "you" have in store for us? any hints? Has there been any comments on when Plot reclamations will take place.

oh! and I want /ride back.

Default Re: An update on progress

I want a town named after me. It has to be a nice green area with tons of deer and no spiders.

Shireton?
    Shire valley?
    Shire's Rest?
    Shirewood Knotch?

Oh! and that 9 meter hedge thing you can make for a plot.. can you make the same blue print with smaller shrubbery/flowers? Did I say shrubbery?

Ni!!

oh ***... got me reciting Monty Python now..

I get the impression from other threads that they are being very careful that what they are working on doesn't get out untill it hits Blight. Bad past experiences and all...

Well, we already know they are finishing confectioner, and there are still a few things in the first phase of confectioner to come. Such as the increase in death point meaning (max75% reduction in stats and skills instead of the max25% currently), additional quests that the school will need, etc. I don't remember exactly what all was schedualed for the first phase, cause I'm not a confectioner, so it wasn't a huge deal for me. Oh, also I think Tulga was still in the process of rebuilding Lesser Aradoth, so I imagine that will be one of the first things that is picked up too, content wise. The whole "The early game is one of the most important parts" bit and all.

So that's a couple things.

Really wish they would add a cauldron to one of the dragon crafting chambers
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

That's cool. I missed the death penalty part. Confectioner... I'm not one either.. So, no big whoop for me. Though so many have waited years for that. So, It's all good Lesser Aradoth.. that the area with Parsinia, Kion, Sslanis? I haven't been in that area in forever at least a couple years or more.. what have they been doing there?

Quote Originally Posted by Shirewood View Post
    Parsinia, Kion, Sslanis? I haven't been in that area in forever at least a couple years or more.. what have they been doing there?
    "If Shirewood wishes to know, Shirewood should come to Sslanis and speak to Ssoren. Shirewood has plenty of time to think of questions, so Shirewood should have plenty of time to help Ssoren with a few small tasks, yes?" - Ssoren, town marshal of Sslanis.

(Psst - Unfortunatly, one of Ssoren's quests is bugged right now and without it finishing correctly, Fillet won't give you the next one in the series. Tickets have been submitted. Hopefully it will be fixed soon and the rest of the quests in the Sslanis militia line can be added soon.)
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Yes last year they said they were going to revamp T1 areas then move to T5 areas to revamp them so assume that is sometime down the road. Hopefully the crystal construction changes are still in there some where.

Shirewood, you should take a look at the "Palm Tree, ground varient" in the add structure list. There are 2 types which are sorta small shrubs and I used them on my plot with good results. Still lacking is any sort of small flower bed.

Getting /ride back should be the FIRST thing on the priority list.
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW View Post
    I get the impression from other threads that they are being very careful that what they are working on doesn't get out untill it hits Blight. Bad past experiences and all...
    Absolutely, sometimes we start work on something and realize that we need more technology or it's going to take a lot longer than expected - or just realize it was a bad idea and need to revise. In the past, when we talk about upcoming changes before we've actually done the development, and then make changes as development progresses - it's perceived as if we're not delivering on promises. Now, we only announce things that are completed and ready to go to Blight.

We know it can appear as if we're trying to hold back - but really it's about making sure we deliver on expectations.

Horizons CS

The precautionary principle.. I approve 100%

I love the fact you're keeping us informed..

but I'm really missing any news on Unity transfers etc. Is there any movement on this, I know a lot of people are currently holding their breath for news.. and going blue in the face..

I'm not pushing for dates or anything, just is anything being worked on?
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons CS View Post
    We know it can appear as if we're trying to hold back - but really it's about making sure we deliver on expectations.
    I used to work as a salesman (bare with me it IS going someplace) but i sold services from a fixed location in a town center so a large part of my job was also customer service.

I worked there for over 3 years and this is what i was either told, or i told somebody on staff at least once a day, for what seemed like everyday

Under promise and over deliver.

It is the easiest way to make your customer's happy, seriously it is that simple and the company took this motto very seriously for one simple reason

It worked

If Vi are sticking to this principle then i can do nothing but applaude them.
    Am gonna hit an inanimate object with another inanimate object for awhile, then i'm gonna hit an animate object with a different inanimate object. And they said MMORPG's were limited in scope Pah!

On the other side, "not talking" leads to the impression that "nothing is going on" and people get discouraged and leave.

I think the "under promise and over deliver" strategy is good but needs to be compounded with a "ping about status".

Over the years I played multiplayer games, I noticed the average time span players become hungry for news about is two weeks. Past two weeks they'll start posting preoccupied "what's going on" or "status of the game" threads.

So about every two weeks there should be "something" to tell them, even just a "we are still alive and working" statement.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitimandiri View Post
    Getting /ride back should be the FIRST thing on the priority list.
    Aye! Why was that emote removed in the first place?
    Casius, first lvl 100 Dragon.

Achiever 66.67%, Explorer 53.33%, Socializer 46.67% Killer 33.33%

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons CS View Post
    Absolutely, sometimes we start work on something and realize that we need more technology or it's going to take a lot longer than expected - or just realize it was a bad idea and need to revise. In the past, when we talk about upcoming changes before we've actually done the development, and then make changes as development progresses - it's perceived as if we're not delivering on promises. Now, we only announce things that are completed and ready to go to Blight.

Horizons CS
    ok, this makes sence...

so this strategy wasnt there yet when you guys said that Unity will be next after billing is fixed?

They have already done more than the last owners in such a short time. I am pleased that anything is getting done. The communication is 1000% better than the last owners too. They are doing an A+ job in my mind. I applaude all they have done. Play the game and see that things are changing. I've been playing since beta and have seen most that went on. It is good to see things happening again. A couple of months ago I thought the game was done...it had no vital signs, but VI has saved it. I know you can't please everybody, but have patients please.

Diabolis
    Order Shard

Quote Originally Posted by Thangorodrim Atanatari View Post
    ok, this makes sence...

so this strategy wasnt there yet when you guys said that Unity will be next after billing is fixed?
    And it is exactly this sort of reaction that makes them not want to tell us anything. In case it hadn't occurred to you, only so many people can usefully work on any one project at a time. For something like the Unity import, where there are potentially dozens of tables that will have to be reconciled and imported, an intimate knowledge of the database is required, and an extremely detailed vision of exactly what needs to be done will be vital. As such, it is probably a 1-programmer job. 2 programmers, far from making it take half as long, are as likely to make it take longer. So, if this is a 6 month project, there's one guy, dedicatedly pounding away at it for the next six months. Meanwhile, they have other programmers who couldn't help on this task anyway who can do other things, that likely won't take as long.

So save your snark, it's not helpful in the slightest.

And yes, I'm a professional software developer, I do know what I'm talking about.
    Danna Firesoul
    Magic Knight, Order of the Crimson Flame
    Mad Tinker of the Company of the Morning

you're right about VI.. They have done so much in such a short time.. I am loving every minute of it. They get my Kudos for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Danna Firesoul View Post
    And it is exactly this sort of reaction that makes them not want to tell us anything. In case it hadn't occurred to you, only so many people can usefully work on any one project at a time. For something like the Unity import, where there are potentially dozens of tables that will have to be reconciled and imported, an intimate knowledge of the database is required, and an extremely detailed vision of exactly what needs to be done will be vital. As such, it is probably a 1-programmer job. 2 programmers, far from making it take half as long, are as likely to make it take longer. So, if this is a 6 month project, there's one guy, dedicatedly pounding away at it for the next six months. Meanwhile, they have other programmers who couldn't help on this task anyway who can do other things, that likely won't take as long.

So save your snark, it's not helpful in the slightest.

And yes, I'm a professional software developer, I do know what I'm talking about.
    Yes, sure...

Tell me please. You as a proffessional developer, if you start on a project and you've worked on it for a few days? weeks? are you able to say something / anything about when you will be finished?

Like it will take me at least another 2, 3, 4 weeks or months or do you know afer some time it will take more time, or maybe it is totally impossible?

Or do you say to your costumer, hey, it will be done when I'm done and that's all you will hear about it from me?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Thread Information