Thread: No access to game on tuesday,s

Default No access to game on tuesday,s

just needed to grumble.it got to 2130 uk local time still no access and even if it was up 1/2hr no good....i understand you don,t want to get up before 0400ish server time to start at 0500...but you also have customers in the rest of the world.....their got that off my chest....the answer is more players so to have servers biased diff time zones...oh well 6 days a week will have todo
    All alone in the dark

Chaos..Morrtoc
    Unity..Brainbasher(MorrBasher on Chaos)

Default Re: No access to game on tuesday,s

Quote Originally Posted by brainbasher View Post
    just needed to grumble.it got to 2130 uk local time still no access and even if it was up 1/2hr no good....i understand you don,t want to get up before 0400ish server time to start at 0500...but you also have customers in the rest of the world.....their got that off my chest....the answer is more players so to have servers biased diff time zones...oh well 6 days a week will have todo
    agree, there must be a common best time to do maintenance, or a least bad time, share the inconvenience!

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    agree, there must be a common best time to do maintenance, or a least bad time, share the inconvenience!
    ...ummm... The shards were down all day in NA. So by my reckoning it was just as inconvenient for us as it was for you. Tuesday/Thursday morning is picked by many MMOG companies because it is the deadest day around, meaning less people will be affected by the service outage. Tuesday *is* the least bad time to do maintenance. Of course you can't please everybody. For years and years Monday/Tuesday were my days off, and maintenance killed one of those days for me. *shrugs* That's just what happens.

It's not a "day" but a "time" problem. I know some of the MMOgames with features like treasure hunt or teatime bonus things have started to do them twice, at "Europe"time and "US"time to please both sides of the ocean. If you do maintenance in "US"dead time it doesn't mean that's the best time for Europe

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    It's not a "day" but a "time" problem. I know some of the MMOgames with features like treasure hunt or teatime bonus things have started to do them twice, at "Europe"time and "US"time to please both sides of the ocean. If you do maintenance in "US"dead time it doesn't mean that's the best time for Europe
    Most games also have separate US and EU servers, partly for this very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    Most games also have separate US and EU servers, partly for this very reason.

How cruel,
    we HAD different servers, it's not our doing we have to play on US servers if we want to keep playing.

Hides in a corner, crying..

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

Yup, and that's part of the reason you use to have them (other reasons being CSRs that speak the major EU languages (though Spanish and French CSRs shouldn't be too hard to find in NA), and CSRs in a similar time zone).

Aww, therethere. Here, read Making Money. It'll make you feel better.

Feel free to copy over to Blight and join us on maint days like most have dobe over the years.thet way you can get your game fix.
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Yup... thats what I do... I play a new character on Blight every Maint day...
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by MarshDog View Post
    Feel free to copy over to Blight and join us on maint days like most have dobe over the years.thet way you can get your game fix.
    i was gonna say something bitter, but hey, the past is past and done with.
    but please, only come over if you are sincere and ready to play our way.
    no reason to spoil our fun just because you can't log in to your server for a few hours.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

play our way?i thought was test server.i have char on blight but i wouldn,t consider playing as it seems to me that things are a lot easier i was only paying 1/2 for forms i assume other things in blight are easier?i thought it was for the dedicated few the helping the dev,s with new additions.

i noticed order was up was before chaos ,tempted to create new char but put off by the thread about chat problems,also servers meant tobe down same time.

not really a problem the downtime was just miffed the one just gone as had plans
    All alone in the dark

Chaos..Morrtoc

Order is almost always up long before Chaos, so that could be an idea. Just avoid the private chats and chatrooms like I do and you'll be fine. This was my solution back when Chaos was offline for most of tuesday, every second tuesday.

oh isn,t that nice a e-mail from HZ team apology for longer downtime..now that i like
    All alone in the dark

Chaos..Morrtoc

Thread Information