Thread: Raising Jewelcraft?

Default Raising Jewelcraft?

I have hit level 15 in jewelcraft and I'm looking for a good way to raise it further (up to 25-30 range for now). Is there a way to grind it up effectively using only one resource? I've been doing cut gems, but it's really slow going as I'm at the top end of the level 1 stuff (so little xp), but not high enough to do the next level efficiently yet.

Any advice would be appreciated

Default Re: Raising Jewelcraft?

Afraid not... It's more or less jewelry that's the way to go. If you have access to a couple of silos near a jeweler's shop it would help a lot, but that's not always possible.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan View Post
    Afraid not... It's more or less jewelry that's the way to go. If you have access to a couple of silos near a jeweler's shop it would help a lot, but that's not always possible.
    Actually that might be possible for me... I never thought of it till you mentioned it, but I have a plot in Harro and if I remember right there's a jewelry shop just a couple plots away. I'll check that out tonight.

Any advice on what to make at level 15 for best xp?

The only thing to do to level up efficiently is to make rings and later earrings.
    Best value for money so to speak. Bracelets and necklaces are best skipped.

Doing up to, say, 33-35 on t1 is the easy part.
    The moment you need to get starting on t2 it gets a bit harder because of long roads to travel to get the needed resources.
    T3 I reckon Deserts Edge would be ok, but I haven't tried it myself yet.
    T4 is Dralk territory.

All things get a tad easier if you have access to silos and a nearby Jeweller shop of course. (From t2 and up, since it's not really needed for efficient t1 levelling.)

Rings/Earrings are the most efficient experience per resource. Make/decon whichever one you're optimal on (with the highest minimum skill requirement). In order from lowest to highest:

Strength/Power Rings
    Strength/Power Earrings
    Dex/Focus Rings
    Dex/Focus Earrings
    Armor Rings
    Armor Earrings
    Health Rings
    Health Earrings

Find the one furthest down on the list that you are optimal on. List is same for each tier.

Thanks everyone, that's what I was looking for

You can easily check the xp you get per resources yourself. Simply add crafting and decon xp, and divide by resources used minus resources reclaimed. Highest value wins. If you're really zealous about it, you can do it every level - I just do it when I hit a new opt spot. (ie every 50 skill)
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

I own the plot next to yours in Harro, and I do in fact have a beginner Jewelry shop there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylen View Post
    I own the plot next to yours in Harro, and I do in fact have a beginner Jewelry shop there.
    Ah, it's closer than I thought. Howdy neighbor! I've been using your woodworking shop a lot lately

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

You can also bootstrap your jewelcraft by working up miner for the gemworking. Once your miner allows you the experience to work tier 2 or 3 gems, switch over to jeweler and work that tier.

It's how I bootstrapped gatherer. I had carpenter in the high 70s and was making maple boards as gatherer. So far, I've made some 40ish (or was it 50ish?) levels on maple boards.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Isn't miner harder to raise than jewelcraft?

Oh, wait... I have 53 levels of fitting. That should allow me to raise miner quickly shouldn't it? Then switch to jeweler... I think I get the idea

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

You'd be surprised at how easy it is.

If you don't have miner, check out your blacksmith levels. They got a smattering of gemworking as well because of being able to quarry.

So, with 53 levels of fitter, you can start miner at 1 and work steel. Probably only want to get it into the low 20s and you should be out of tier 1 gems and into tier 2 for jeweler. Or bring miner up into ther 40s and work tier 3 gems as jeweler.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

For T3 Jewelcraft, I have a plot in Desert's Edge with a Beginner Blacksmith Shop and Beginner Jeweler Shop. Also have 4 public silos (the four in the front). T3 gems are scattered in Desert's Edge (mostly Citrine) and some nodes of Gold.

Gold isn't as abundant as it could be, but bring some of your own if you want, silo it, and then dig a disk of gems.

Jeweler gets some xp from cutting the gems, some from smelting the ore, but the best xp comes from the actual making of jewelry (as you may know by now).

Thread Information