Thread: Virtrium, what's the deal with purple flies?

Default Virtrium, what's the deal with purple flies?

So... I logged in (for only the 2nd time in the past month because I am still freaking mad about the spell nerf) and thought to run out and kill some flies in ED and take battlemage from 83 to 84 (that takes all night at 204 rating).

WTF?

Not only did the tier casting nerf make my resistance lowering teched spells inefficient, but the flies are way more tough now too? Way more tough as in completely inefficient to level off tough...? Matter of fact as level 83 battlemage rated 204, I pulled the whole field but didnt kill any. Tell me thats not just sickening...

Well the only thing I enjoy in Istaria is logging on here and there to grab a level or two, and you guys are apparently doing your best to deprive me of that.

The thing the playerbase couldn't seem to beat into Tulga's skulls was that making things harder does NOT NOT NOT make them more fun. I gotta say... I was much happier with where the game was a few months ago. Sure, Nadia still cost an arm and a leg but the game was still fun to play. You guys are wrecking that.

Default Re: Virtrium, what's the deal with purple flies?

Hmmm...not too sure about this, whether it is a complaint against the spell timer change, the fly change, or because it isn't easy now.

About 3 or 4 weekends ago, I went out there with some guild mates. There was me, Paladin (100/130), lvl 85 Dragon, Druid (84/120), a Crossbowman (94/130), a couple sub-50 players, and for part of the time a lvl 100 Dragon.

In about 2-3 hours, there was a total of about 8 DPs (Obviously the sub-50 players)...nothing out of the normal considering the level range.

Having gained several levels there on my Healer/Warrior about a year ago, the only real difference I noticed is that we pulled larger groups more often. Instead of 1-5 flies (occasionally up to 8), we rarely pulled less than 3 flies, averaging around 6 per pull.

Also, I didn't think the flies were any more difficult to kill. There was lots of group chat and excpt for commenting on the Hyper-Evolved Flies and slightly larger pulls...we didn't see the area as being more difficult that was suggested in patch notes.

I look forward to gaining a few more lvl 100 schools (4 to be exact), but I certainly don't expect them to get easier, nor do I think they should be a cakewalk.

If I were to be entirely honest, even though it will also slow my progress, I think it is/has been too easy to gain additional lvl 100 schools...and each one past the first should be progressively more difficult.

As an example, after I had my lvl 100 Paladin, I decided to go for lvl 100 Warrior (melee skills), and Healer (Life/augmentation). I soloed probably +90% of the levels for both schools, completing them in maybe two weeks each. (Granted, an obsessive compulsive to grind things and 12 hours days make a difference).

Okay...so I rambled a bit. I think my position is clear...its too easy as it is and don't have an issue with the changes to the necro-flies.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Elek points to -> http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=14847
    was a post i did awhile ago over the mobs on blight Vs Live seems Blights mobs are on pcp compaired to live so they musta came across with the updates, and yes now the 120's on Blight are on 'roids and have mushrooms and pcp lol.
    Andy
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Tell me thats not just sickening...
    It's not.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

I think it's far preferable to seeing level 10 dragons out there all huddled together while a level 100 pulls the field and kills them all before they race down toward the huddled hatchies.

Some things were TOO easy and the cut in the fly spawn definitely made it too easy.

Uhh, I don't agree with the level 10s powerleveling out there... and the only reason I refer to it as powerleveling is cuz they can be afk while they level since they cannot contribute. Aside from that, were I in their shoes, I would go level alot faster against things my own tier. I don't think any knowledgeable player will argue that they can level faster agaisnt stuff their own size after the experience cap and ratings are brought into play. Especially if I am out there lol

Also, why go out there as level 100? The point and purpose the necrofiles out there serve is FOR LEVELING. What... do you need some purple necrofly wings for your t6 armor set? heh...

And yeah, I have been field pulling there for years and since the patch I am impotent... with a rating of 210 lol. It is sad. All the sudden I am forced to level off trophies or not at all huh?

I mean, leveling out there as a level 20 I would need alot of help and my rating would still be obscense... but when I roll up in the 80s to grind out some levels, pull the field, but can't drop anything... heh that just makes me want to start hurling F bombs. Flies and fyakki have crap loot cuz they are used for leveling... but now they are uber so no longer fit their purpose?

I mean geez... give us stuff to level off in the end game. How do you get any satisfaction of playing the class you are taking up if you are FORCED to level off trophies? This was a super lame move.

Uhm... Whole field? How about half of the field? A quarter? Maybe 1 or 3?

Consider that the rating system is a mechanism to throttle your ability to multiclass. This means that they don't want you to cap every adventure school ... at least not without /a lot/ of effort.

It appears that repeatedly wiping the puple necrofly field does not constitute "a lot of effort".

If you want the reward (the benefits from multiclassing), you need to work harder for it. Find some other mobs, start looking at trophies, drop some schools you don't need to lower your rating. As you implied in your complaint, levelling not impossible.

Right SC. That's why we call rating the "rating penalty". Cause rating is suppose to be a penalty. Flies and such things made rating basically irrelevant (and still do to a lesser extent).

Thread Information