Thread: Crystalworking n experience?

Default Crystalworking n experience?

Whenever I make crystals, I get a message that I did not get experience because the skill was not the primary skill.

Now, crystalworking is listed ans lairshaping and I have lairshaping as the primary skill. I get exp for making the final parts.

Also, how do I switch between lairshaping and dragoncrafting as my primary?

Default Re: Crystalworking n experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    Whenever I make crystals, I get a message that I did not get experience because the skill was not the primary skill.

Now, crystalworking is listed ans lairshaping and I have lairshaping as the primary skill. I get exp for making the final parts.
    This is because a crystalshaping school was supposed to be put ingame but never did.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    Also, how do I switch between lairshaping and dragoncrafting as my primary?
    Talk with a craft trainer, in Dralk or Chiconis.

Ahh, ok, that makes sense. They should just tag it to laircrafting then for the experience. would make it a little easier to level then.

I'm a lvl 100 crafter so was wondering on switching back since my armor I can wear is based on that lol. Switched to lairshaping and all my scales fell to inventory.

When you make something that uses gemworking skill, you will only get experience for that in DRCA school. Focused Azulyte I believe also uses gemworking skill. I'll check when I get home. It's probably best to just stay in Lairshaper school, rather than switching back and forth alot, unless you are making alot of one type of resource. For example lodestones and cast-stones do not grant lairshaper experience, but they will grant DRCA experience.

I'd recommend getting DRCA maxed, or relatively high, before undertaking any big lairwork.

Crystal processing uses crystal shaping skill, which is not a primary skill for either DCRA or DLSH. DLSH is a finishing school and only gets XP for creating and applying finished resources. DLSH uses the core skills XP system, and awards a great deal more XP than a biped construction school does, precisly because processing and secondary componants do not give XP as they do in biped crafting schools.

DLSH should not get XP for processing azulyte because the XP for making & applying finished resources has already been set higher to offset the lack of processing XP. The whole point of the core skills XP system is to reward you for class-specific crafting; that is, using the skill which defines that crafting class.

Bottom line is, if you want to become a better lairshaper, you have to build lairs, not stand at a crystalforge in a mine processing & deleting azulyte.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Azulyte requires crystalshaping skill...

I don't want to stand at a crystalworker to get my skill, I just noticed while I was doing the lairshaping quests and asked. I have no aversion to working for my skill.

I got to lvl 100 crafter as a hatchling before you could even become an adult, let alone laircrafting.

My problem at the moment is I don't have a lair, and don't plan to roam the countryside trying to find one to help build. So all I can do is sell my parts to make some cash to hopefully buy a lair when one comes available.

You should try asking around for paid lairwork. Considering exp in lairshaping is divided 75-25 in "favor" of applying (approx), it makes leveling a lot faster. You would probably make the same amount of cash as selling the resources (if not more, plus it adds some spice ).

I also have the feeling that crystal shaping was intended to become more than just a recource creation skill for laircrafting otherwise, why not make it a DCRA skill and be done with it instead of making another class? I am guessing that this might have also been intended to eventually allow dragons to create power crystals like what currently drops off of mobs. Note- I have no real evidence to back this up, but it seems a logical step given the nature of the craft, and even the icons used.

Yea it was strongly hinted that dragons would have something to do with the new crystals in a design preview that was up at one time.

Have a quick look around for world projects that still require building. I don't know how it is on the other shards but I know on Unity there was the lair on New Trismus that was pretty much untouched, Titian Mines, the one below Dralk and probably a ton of others that I've forgotten.
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

The way Crystalshaping is used ingame it should be a separate school and tagged DCRA (or belong to gemworking). It is incredibly stupid to have a skill used only to make precombines in lairshaping based on a skill you don't get in DCRA.

Currently I am lvl 65 DCRA and 31 DLSH, I am easily optimal on T3 precombines for everything except crystals, which I can't even make optimal at T2 yet... Hence I don't do anything involving crystals besides T1 work so far, it's not worth it

As I understand it, or from remembering, Lairshaping was a model to revise the other crafting classes - where the primary experience comes from the final product (or applying it), and lesser (or none) from creating the resources. For example, should a spellcrafter gain that much spellcrafting experience via sculptering brew stirrers and essence gatherers?

Now, it seems VI may apply that (if that is the intent) as they revisit the other crafting classes since some of them can be "chained".
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Thread Information