Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Derail This Thread!

Default Re: Derail This Thread!

Division ... DIVISION !!!?

now don't get me onto that subject ... I just hate maths puzzles. Well actually real maths puzzles are fine but those aberrations people call math puzzles ... Sudoku ... now thats NOT a puzzle ... thats just a brute force pen and paper event !
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

I wonder how many times I've typed "sudo."

If there was a piece of software to count it...perhaps after a few hundred uses it would say, "Ehm, you're kind of defeating the purpose..."
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Speaking of defeating the purpose...

Over the weekend while I was out adventuring with my wife and a friend on the Satyr Isles, I overpulled (a TRULY rare occurrence! *cough*) and got a "few" extras. I pop Perfect Spell, then cast numbing haze on one, spellbind a second and numbing haze again on a third, then cast daunting mist to slow the rest down.

All proud of myself, I pop Power Style and Unbridled Energy, switch to Blue Stance and reach for the Critical Strike... figuring to follow with the adjacent Multistrike IV...

The screen goes black, and everything keels over dead. Multicast Dark-Cyclone... to the rescue? Doh... killjoy!
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

Speaking of screen going black, I've had a number of internet connection issues. I've been troubleshooting for over a month and I'm a bit tired. Speed from a Japan server to a Japan is fine. Try to connect to a US server? Thhhpppttt! I blame the rats that ate 5 fiberoptic cables in Jan somewhere in the middle east.

Screens going black. That reminds me of what my film class was practicing tonight. We were learning how to make our scenes look darker on camera just by playing around with the master ped setting.

Each group had to go outside to try an figure out how we should do an exterior night lighting setup for our next film project. My group was out back behind the building over by the dumpsters.

After a while of working on our shot, we saw a group of raccoons crossing the street to get to the dumpsters and go scavaging for food. One of the guys in the group kept trying to get all up in the raccoon's face to take a picture. At one point, we even had turned the spot light around to light 'em up better. But no matter what we did, these little critters just wouldn't run away from us. Well not completly anyway. They would duck behind the half wall and kept popping their heads up to look at us when the guy got too close. They just looked so darn cute doing that.

Heh, we kept teasing the guy taking pictures that the raccoons were gonna jump out at him and start eating his face. And we were just gonna stand there and laugh.
    Last edited by Trieah; March 5th, 2008 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    Speaking of duct tape, I seem to remember stumbling across a site that showcased prom dresses and tuxes made with the stuff a few years ago. Some ofthem where actualy quite beautiful.
    Backwards Derailment
    Ahhh yes Duct tape the 200 mile per hour tape and the only tape used by nascar ! Perhaps if I do that to my car it would stop breaking down every 5 days

Sorry i just found this thread
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Raccoons.. doesn't Bruce Willis do a great job in doing the voiceover of "RJ" in the animated film "Over the Hedge"? My kids love that film, and I think the characters are so cute, especially the completely manic squirrel..

(so many options for derailment here )
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

I LOVE HAMMY!

You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

oooh hammy... anyone ever have the "Hamsterdance" running through their head? (I know, I'm weird)...

http://www.hampsterdance.com/hampsterdanceredux.html
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Dancing and Wierd go hand-in-hand when talking about me.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

me me mee! my most fave topic of all time!!
    i am so awesome, even i can't believe it! i am a queen you know.....
    and i know everything about movies!! old movies, new movies - but my specialty is judging butts.......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Speaking of butts, how many have the "but first" syndrome? It's a chronic condition, characterized by never actually completing anything.

When you start to do something, you catch sight of something that distracts you, and you think, "I'll finish this, but first I'll take care of that." However, when taking care of "that", you get distracted by the next thing, and so on through the day until you have a dozen things started and nothing done.

Sort of characterizes my projects in game, too :-/

Why you just described my day so far.

I went to the craft store to get some trim for the homemade Tshirts that I'm working on. Needless to say, I wound up spending over an hour there and walked out with a lot more then I was supposed to get. Rather typical actually.

But then when I got home and started to work on the project, I had to do the dishes first so I'd have a cleared off spot to work on. Then I got a bunch of phone calls. And then I remembered I was supposed to empty out the bathroom trash, but something else distracted me, just can't remember what that was. Then I went surfing the web to see if I could find some jewelry findings for a new necklace I wanna design, wound up discovering that tribal bellydancing has now been fussed into the Goth scene. So I had to see if I could find some good pics of gothic bellydancing outfits. But I had to remind myself that I still need to lose a few more pounds before trying to make any kind of belly ensamble. So I went to the kitchen and made my diet food. But then Shato called so I had to leave and go pick him up from work. Then when he was empting out the bathroom trash, I remembered that I had wanted to do that earlier.

I could go on too but I'll spare y'all the rest of it. hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Arietna View Post
    oooh hammy... anyone ever have the "Hamsterdance" running through their head? (I know, I'm weird)...

http://www.hampsterdance.com/hampsterdanceredux.html
    I don't know why I want to shoot all of them...

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

shooting hamsters is no fun!!
    shooting fish in a barrel, that's fun!! hunting mosquitos with a rocket launcher is way fun!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Tagath had 77 at the Battle of Kion on Dawn shard for merger when we all dug in and kept the Aegis forces from being able to get past the shrine.

Rubber cement puts me in mind of the mucus coming out your nose during a bad cold.

OOO, speaking of a bad cold, there are these wonderful little jellyfish that look like that as well.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    Tagath had 77 at the Battle of Kion on Dawn shard for merger when we all dug in and kept the Aegis forces from being able to get past the shrine.

Rubber cement puts me in mind of the mucus coming out your nose during a bad cold.

OOO, speaking of a bad cold, there are these wonderful little jellyfish that look like that as well.
    Jellyfish that look sort of like slime molds?

Speaking of which, I once found this huge spongy yellow mass of slime mold sitting right in the center of a park...Pretty disgusting. It was bigger than a basketball.

Wow. Slime. There is so much of it in the world, you know? Like, slime at the bottom of pet cages, garbage cans, sewers, noses, etc. List goes on.

Speaking of pet cages, my birds are staring at me with their usual expression; One going "Hey there. <3" and the other going "EMOBIRD HATES U". Quite the duo, I must say.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Hate's a really bad thing. We just had a rumble last night between saphire and Ein. Saphire, as everyone on Order shard knows, has this thing for humans. Ein has this really bad thing for anyone with a superiority complex. They got into a little bit of a fight and, well, a level 30 vs. a level 100.

At least the both of them had the good sense to NOT kill each other.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thread Information