Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Derail This Thread!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: Derail This Thread!

NONSEQUITUR ALERT!

BTW, my dad retired from the railraod and it really wasn't very nice when trains derailed.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

What, no one can derail this thread any more than I have?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

my husband also works on the trains, as a ticket inspector.

Anyone else play online with their husbands/wives? It's one of the things that brought us together initially (well, gaming anyway, not online at that time). Now, we're over seven years married, two cute kids and gaming most evenings together
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

My wife and I met at college as part of the same AD&D game group, and transitioned together to EQ after college. From EverQuest to Dark Age of Camelot, Underlight, Anarchy Online, Star Wars Galaxies, City of Heroes/Villains, Guild Wars, EverQuest2, Saga of Ryzom, Eve Online, Lord of the Rings Online, and of course, Horizons.

16 years for us and three kids.

How about other gaming couples?
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

(Oaklief broke it! :P )

Wow that's alot of online games.

You know, I tried going back to single player games last weekend and they just seem so very boring. I'm following a story instead of creating my own. It's wierd how after years of mastering RPGs, finding them great fun then going into MMOs -the games/RPGs that never end- it's difficult to go back to playing by yourself in a pre-ordained plot.

(*sigh*) >.< *kick computer*

I didn't break it... I derailed the derailment trend. Its the exception that proves the rule!

By the way, has anyone played this recently? http://www.yetisports.org/
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Speaking of breaking the rules, anyone got any rum? I feel like having a drink right about now.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

anyone else just love xanthia's new sig? its fooking awesome, i think!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I should make myself a sig now that school's out till april! *cheer*

Speaking of breaks, the weather outside has been way too nice. So its bound to rain heavily at some point soon. Does anyone else get rain in the winter normally where they live like I do?

This winter was unusually wet down where I live. Normal "rain" here consists of a heavy mist that hangs in the air and leaves your car covered in dirt spots when it dries. This year, water actually fell from the sky with enough volume to create a traffic hazard.

Observations resulting from this winter's storms:

1) SoCal drivers can't drive on wet pavement. They go too slow when the pavement is barely wet and they go too fast when it's covered in a sheet of water.

2) SoCal freeways have depressed areas that fill with rainwater and present a hydroplaning hazard. Driving in the extreme right or left lane should be avoided.

3) You CAN hydroplane on an electric scooter. Yes, you're going slower than you would in a car, but it's just as scary. You don't have a concrete curb trying to attack your face when you're in a car.

4) Don't squeak and slide your feet around on a wet, smooth floor like an idiot. There's a good chance you'll wind up with a sore, wet bum. If you're in a restroom, take your time and be even more careful. That "water" might not be water.

That "water" might not be water
    ewww!!

SoCal drivers can't drive on wet pavement
    i heard a comedian talking once about driving in a southern US state (one of the carolinas or georgia maybe?) and he said they could not drive in snow. he went on about how if they got a light flurry, they'd say, "oh my god! a snowflake! i'd better hit that tree!" and pantomimed turning the wheel to hit a tree off to the side.

i keep telling myself to calm down about other drivers, sort of a zen to remind myself that maybe there's a reason why they don't (can't) drive the way i want them to. just because it seems like everyone who drives slower than me is an idiot and everyone who drives faster than me is a maniac does not mean that it is true.

classic example in the eastern states: driving behind someone doing 50 in a 55 mph zone, when everyone else wants to do 60-65. i tell myself, "let me get this straight... you're getting mad at them because they're obeying the law. you do know that is an upper speed limit, not a lower one, right?" then i sigh and wish the driver ahead really could see over the steering wheel...

Sometimes you just have to be understanding; there must be some reason they're driving slowly. Maybe they're too distracted by their music, like I sometimes am. We got Enchanted for Easter, so I put the soundtrack on my mp3 player. There's one point in the movie, and one of the songs on the soundtrack, that corresponds with the part at the end of the movie when the queen... well, if you've seen the movie, you'll know. But it's the best part!

I just drove two hours and back to the airport to pick up a friend. Waited on every single airplane from 19 till the last plane at 21:40. Seems in all the hubub of trying to get this vacation planned, the places we would stay at and what we would do as far as touring was discussed thoroughly. The time of plane landing and what we'd bring was discussed.

The airport was not. One is 2 hours <- that way, the other is 2 hours -> that way. So he's now 4 hours away at the other airport. This vacation is starting out reeaaallly great. *faceplant* I also find driving incredibly boring. Moreso that there was no one in the seat next to me to talk to for the two hour ride back.

so anyone else own any pythons,geckos, bearded dragons, or possibly a false water cobra?
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i loved the way all the assassins in 'kill bill' were codenamed for snakes......

Why is 'Bill' such a generic name?

Gaahh, someone drank my last Dr. pepper.
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

that sucks.. I rarely drink Dr Pepper, but one time I ordered a can when I ordered a pizza, and they had a promotion on.. I won a copy of "american pie" with the ring pull from that can
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

wow how things have changed in my life!! i am so old, i remember when glass bottles had metal caps you had to have a special tool to pry off, and cans still had the ring with the little piece of metal for the tab. you had to pull the ring for the tab to come off. you could curl the metal part around the ring part and have a kindergardner's engagement ring.......

ah when i was young, i had a lot of fiancees.....

Thread Information