Thread: Scaffolding - turn off option?

Default Scaffolding - turn off option?

Could we have a option switch to toggle whether we see scaffolding or not? Scaffolding areas really lag me out and I trip when trying to run through these and ropes too, nasty buggers ropes are.

Plus, there are very nice towns and then there are towns that are just mostly scaffolding, and it detracts from the overall appearance.

Default Re: Scaffolding - turn off option?

Now this is a very good idea, I agree 100%

Thumbs up Re: Scaffolding - turn off option?

I third this, vehemently. Scaffolding just mops the floor with my poor little laptop.

Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Agreed, my PC has a little nervous breakdown whenever there's lots of scaffolding. Maybe a red flag could be set at the plot marker to show that there's building work available on the plot, that way you can find where your customers live if you're doing work for them.
    Last edited by Charys Stormchild; October 17th, 2007 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Ooops, bad spelling

Yes, this is a great idea. Same problem with me for the lag and the detraction of aesthetic appeal of some otherwise beautiful towns.
    Ssinti Chaos Shard Horizons
    70 Druid WoW Emerald Dream
    Sinti 12 Cleric DDO Online
    Sintiel 50 LM LOTRO

not just scaffolding please. how about a check box to turn off any incomplete structure?

edit: player made structures that is
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

I don't think that this option would be needed if the models were slightly less detailed then they are now. I am sure that most of the models could be drawn with less facets then they have now, thus enabling our graphics cards to have to render less facets...

Also.. I was wondering if there was a way to put a masking around some of the more graphically intense models... I have been doing some Mapping for Counter Strike Source for the past year or so.. and there are "tricks" to fool the graphics cards into thinking that certain areas don't need to be rendered yet, or at least rendered with full details, as you are not technically able to see them fully rendered yet...

I also have noticed that Biped silos seem to have quite a large poly count... are those able to be remodeled to reduce that count... it seems a bit ridiculous to have a monstrous poly count for a seemingly simple cylinder.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

How about build the structure and the scaffolding goes away

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    Some of these structures are owned by people who haven't been in the game, in, forever.

That scaffolding near Bristugo on Order has been there as long as I have been playing the game, and I played a good year before the EI takeover, so um, Yeah....

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    Why not just have buildings show up fully completed while we're at it?

I like working on my own stuff and I'm likely not going to ask for or accept help...mostly due to stubbornness and taking pride in something I've built myself. So while it'll be done when it's done, I see no reason to force people to look at my unbuilt stuff.

Scaffolding is also colidable and likes to eat hatchlings like the streets of Tazoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Some of these structures are owned by people who haven't been in the game, in, forever.

That scaffolding near Bristugo on Order has been there as long as I have been playing the game, and I played a good year before the EI takeover, so um, Yeah....
    So build it? Who says you can't apply units to someone else's plot? Sounds like an eyesore....

In all reality, turning off the display of unfinished structures isn't going to really help much. Completed structures likely lag out your pc just as much as unbuilt ones do. Buy more RAM, or play a different game. Until the Hz engine is rebuilt from scratch (likely never) it's going to be laggy, scaffolding or not.

Thread Information