Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Confectioner Revamp - Tier 0 Resources

Default Confectioner Revamp - Tier 0 Resources

With the Confectioner revamp about to move into the final stages of implementation we're going to be working on adding the remainder of the resources into the game. The bulk of the resources for Confectioner are considered Tier 0, farm foods, and therefore are easily available to Gatherers and Confectioners.

Since these are meant to be easily available we wanted to take player suggestions for potential locations of these farms. Please note that not all suggested locations will be chosen and not all Tier 0 resources will be available at each farm region.

Thanks for your responses and your interest.

Virtrium Development Team

Default Re: Confectioner Revamp - Tier 0 Resources

My suggestion, without reference to specific location(s) for T0 Confectioner resources, that they be within reasonable range of a portal and a landing pad.

Knossos

Lightbulb Re: Confectioner Revamp - Tier 0 Resources

I would like to suggest areas around some of those remote little ghost towns, where the lack of 'hard' resources in the immediate area has hindered development. In short, make them agricultural communities.
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    My suggestion, without reference to specific location(s) for T0 Confectioner resources, that they be within reasonable range of a portal and a landing pad.

Knossos
    Just so those making a suggestion going forward, and Knossos can come back and decide to be more helpful, this sort of suggestion isn't real helpful. First of all, what's "reasonable" to you might not be "reasonable" to the next person. Second, somewhere like the blighted area on Lesser Aradoth would apply by that definition, but I somehow doubt the majority of players want to have to play "dodge 'em skeleton while gathering T0 resources.

I have a feeling that being just a leeetle bit more specific is what is being looked for here.

That said, I do have a question. Are guild islands out of the question for resource placement?

I would suggest NOT on the training islands, because some of them are already very lagged out and it might make them even worse and harder for new players to the game to enjoy being in the beginner towns.

Definitely proximity to a port in and out, not in guild communities, and places that can be gotten to with a single port/gate.

Why not guild communities, there easily accessable and well ... lets face it that's a lot of land used for storage to be frank, you might as well build a massive warehouse in Tazoon and buy space there instead of the stacks of silo's and tents that pass for communities.
    Am gonna hit an inanimate object with another inanimate object for awhile, then i'm gonna hit an animate object with a different inanimate object. And they said MMORPG's were limited in scope Pah!

I was thinking that some of the Rarer generic confectioner resources could be placed near that abandon village just north of the Maple field.. NW of Harton Valley. Tis not really dangerous in that area.. though it can be dangerous getting there.

It would be interesting to see some of the, perhaps, unused plots in some of the remote community areas be converted for such things... Kenaf port comes to mind.. and other such communities that have no real traffic at the moment because of a lack of anything real going on in the area to draw folks there.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Scorpion Island and Genevia are very empty, unfinished islands. I think littering the area around some of the towns on them with farms or wild growth could be a good start to sprucing them up a bit.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

I would agree with Genevia area.

Around the original communities of Tishlar and Dryart, it would revitalise them.
    Poppi, Crafting Dryad/Zastria, Adult Dragon
    of Ad Astra Guild on Chaos

Dalimond was suppose to have been an agricultural city that prospered, but there are no farms. (Not sure if there are the tools in place to make confectioner easy there, but those could/should be added as well). Dalimond on Order has become a ghost town, as aughundell is the center of trade. It also doesn't offer natural resources, and often gets bypassed for Bristugo.

Sslanis also has existing farms that could be used.

Tishlar would be a good choice. It has a portal, pad and could use something to draw players.

I haven't been to Genevia island in some time, so I can't speak for that. In any case, I hope that the T0s are spread between a few locations. (ie. resource A does not only exist at location B).
    Durand - Elven Warrior of the Realm of Order

i don't know if this is possible, but why not make some (the ones that grow) 'buildable' for plots in addition to seeding them in resource fields? that way the abandoned towns could be turned into farms by some industrious individuals.

I'd say the area south of the Floating Island. There's nothing of real importance there now to most people, and there is a town nearby (no portal or pad though). I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but I'm sure someone will know what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    I'd say the area south of the Floating Island. There's nothing of real importance there now to most people, and there is a town nearby (no portal or pad though). I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but I'm sure someone will know what I'm talking about.
    Shelter's pass ? Duskhold ?

I was going to suggest Tishlar / Dryart as well, they are variable ghost towns and there are NO resources around and plenty of grass areas.

the little abandon town north of the maple fields to get there you have to run past maple treants. If you have a disk in tow.... you are an easy target.

To get there you would either have to run from Dalimond (through wolves and treants) or Harton valley / feladan (more treant dodging)

The large areas near the festival event would be good too, unused and no mobs.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Post Re: Confectioner Revamp - Tier 0 Resources

Around aughundel would be nice, on the way to the bitter pickel.
    Plenty of space/hills there
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Hmmm, being Tier 0, they should be:

1). Unguarded.
    2). Near a Teleport In, and Teleport-Out.

So basically, I'd suggest to spread the Tier 0s out amongst the towns, this would also allow players to utilize their vaults if needs-be, as well. It would also bring some more life into the towns, as most of them are now ghost towns except the dragon cities and Aughundell. Most towns are fairly safe. So, as a recap, I'd place them in fields near (but not too far out to risk getting killed by mobs):

1). Kion.
    2). Sslanis.
    3). Dalimond.
    4). New Rach.
    5). Kirasanct.
    6). Tazoon.
    7). Mahagra.

Now, obviously, some items would only grow in some climates, as we have here a fairly rich list of climates. Mahagra and Kirasanct are cold climates, Tazoon and New Rach (as well as Kion) are desert climates, and then you got Dalimond and Kion (the very outskirts, near the T1 mobs) for temperate climates. Finally, Sslanis could be considered forest/jungle/temperate as well.

Heck, you could even go as far as to make a new world project, maybe a greenhouse near Mahagra and Kirasanct, that players could actually build, that would grow these products as well.

Farm foods, eh? That probably rules out desert and frozen areas. It also implies that they would be near a community of sorts and not way out in the middle of nowhere.

I nominate the eastern islands, such as those with Mia's Edge and Aiya. Plenty of communities there, reachable by everyone, and ... not many (if any?) resources there already.

The other consideration is whether or not t0 resources could or should be mingled with other tiers of mobs and resources. If yes, then I also nominate Scorpion Island, Genevia Island, Dalimond, Kion, Sslanis, Heather, Duskhold, north of Harro, and maybe some of the communities on Dalimond peninsula.

Tishlar and Dryart do sound good along with Genevia.

Lesser aradoth has lots of room for that, also I would place it near all of the original player towns; Morning light, Harton Valley, perhaps also in the valley of repose? the previous poster was right on with his suggestion about Falathien and Dikaina islands, both good spots.
    Last edited by Trust; October 18th, 2007 at 02:49 AM. Reason: more
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Thread Information