Thread: Why I love Vitrium

Talking Why I love Vitrium

So when getting reimbursed for a plot construction oopsie, I get the following e-mail:

I have added the novians for a Tier 2 Lunus Hall to your vault. Due to the delay in getting this reimbursed, I have given you the full 100% instead of the customary 80%. Have a great week!
    The thing is, most game companies I've dealt with wouldn't bother reimbursing you at all, even if the oopsie was their fault. Vitrium has not only managed to impress me with their willingness to help out with issues like this, but they go above and beyond, making up for the delay in having it done!

Thank you again, Vitrium, for making Horizons a joy to play once more!

-Your friendly neighborhood stripey dragon

Default Re: Why I love Vitrium

They do care. They have done so much more than I ever thought was possible on their part. I truly do believe them when they say they are working on your characters. I believe they said that its not as simple as they thought it would be. Would you rather have a half baked job rather than they take their time and do it right? I would rather see you folks wait, than to have a half baked job and you wouldnt be able to play even then?

Agreed, even though I'm getting impatient! I don't want to be given just my dragon if its possible to get items + money as well (for example), though if its to be just character then so be it, I can regather everything else.

Anyway back on topic, thats nice. I think just an email saying "ooh sorry, have a good day" would be nice enough (not that I'm sure what your oopsie was in this example but oh well )
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

*raises a mug of beer to Vitrium*
    I've noticed the rehashes of releases on Blight.
    I've noticed the frequent updates.
    I've noticed the improovments to basic system operation.
    Three cheers to Vitrium!

Im more than happy to add my thanks and love to Vi. Stuck with a stagnant game, an angry player base, an even more hostile former player base, a pay game without a billing system, performance issues galore, cheats rampant, vista problems, unity disaster. Well i thank Vi for the conviction to even try and make Hz viable again. Though i never stopped playing through any ownership changes, i must admit i never thought i wasnt on a dieing game,Vi has accomplished the near impossible in a very short time. THere is a positve energy on the shards missing for a long time, billing exists, performance improving by great strides, blight up again, live updates, and play changes. Though im not in favour of everything done, im happy for what has been done, they will never make everyone happy. Understand vista and unity anger, but lets remember this game was dead pre Vi , nobody had just taken the time to tell us yet. Good luck and ty for the life jacket hope it all works out for everyone
    ps. great comunication keepup good work

Over a month ago, I sent this in a pm to Vitrium:

When the Horizons launched, I did not know about it.
    When I started playing in April 2004, I was instantly addicted to it.
    When financial issues were first being discussed, I was clueless.
    When the merge came, I was willing to weather it.
    When the bankruptsy was declared, I was nervous.
    When the game settled into slow growth, I was content enough.
    When EI bought the game, I was disappointed but hopeful that eventually they might figure out what to do with it.
    When EI stopped even pretending to try, I got very disheartened.
    When I first heard new owners (again), I groaned.
    When I saw the new cover screen, I got curious.
    When the forums filled up with posts, I was overwhelmed.
    When I heard old developers back, I smiled.
    When I saw Blight back, I cheered.
    When you posted intended changes and incorporated feedback from the community, I nearly cried for happiness.
    When I was able to properly resubscribe, I jumped.
    When the Marketplace, guild chat and other game chats filled with returning players, I served up as much klava as I could.
    When you posted the latest updates coming to Blight, I could not stop the tears of joy... it has been so long since this community has had real care and development!

Thank you so much for all you have done and are doing with Horizons. You have renewed a dying land and brought hope to its people.

Yes, it's just a game - but tell any professional athlete that about their sport, and you are likely to get a similar reaction as that statement about Horizons would get from me and many other "gifted Istarians".

It's a focal point for developing friendships as well as entertainment. I've heard multiple people in guild chat & marketplace relate logging in to when Norm walked into the bar on Cheers - sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came.

It's a means for folks to keep in touch while suspending the stress of real life. I'm really pleased you're keeping the military program going. While I don't have family currently in the military, I know some who do, and keeping in touch is not easy for them. For myself, I have family on the other side of the continent that I keep in touch with primarily through Horizons chats (I'm horrible about keeping in touch long distance through traditional means).

It's a safe place for folks to interact with others while rebuilding confidence, self-esteem, etc. after personal difficulties. Mostly for me it's a break from real life stress... but I am aware of numerous folks who took on a persona while recovering from a breakdown or health tragedies - and some who will never be physically healthy in real life again, but who can be young, beautiful and capable as a gifted. Istaria has proven to be much needed therapy for many.

So thank you for the wonderful things you are doing. You've delighted at least one blue-haired gnome beyond what my words can describe.
    See you in Istaria!
    Things have just gotten progressively better since. :-)

Thread Information