Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walking down memory lane

Default Re: Walking down memory lane

Zymosis Morbidae... I did my RoP during the plague. That was... interesting.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan View Post
    Zymosis Morbidae... I did my RoP during the plague. That was... interesting.
    I've still got the cure for Zymosis, and can make a copy for anyone who wants a pice of the past. While that even was annoying for pretty much everyone in the game, it was one of the most unique events I've ever seen. I liked it, and want to see more unusal things like that happen. (not all bad things please)

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

I remember on Dawn when we all gathered to deliver the finishing blow to the Blighted Wisp?. We had 3 and half groups with archers and casters in the rear and fighters up front. Then, the pullers went to drag it out of the gates at Feladan, and it suddenly made a run for the West Deadlands. People were recalling to catch it and chasing it, and others were standing around unsure what to do. lol It was the greatest army of players I have ever seen since, and the foe ran off.
    Durand - Elven Warrior of the Realm of Order

Satyr event: opening the first tunnel and killing the machines

In the void.
    Unity: 100/100 Lunus

There was a plague? aaaw I miss all the fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    Oh yes, I will never ever forget that plague. I still have a bottle of cure for that too. Zysmosis, wasn't the plague called? Folks that were infected stood at gates for others to get infected. Key gates at that. LOL, I refused to log in my main characters til that plague was gone!
    Looking for a "dentist" to fix Lunarya's blue teeth

Lunarya and Akenokoru on Chaos.
    Help make Evarus grow!

I remember all the bridge building and tunnel building.

The dragons were flying back and forth with materials for us bipeds to add to the tunnel/bridge. I was chopping trees/mining like a madman to keep up the phase ^^
    Ular Naga

Proud "Handy Man" of the -Dark Saga-
    Unity Shard

"First i followed the light then the blight, but suddenly nature showed me the path to walk"

The special pants hunt.
    First the dangerous trip to Harro, then running in our special pants into the ED. WOW, so much fun and so scary. I died a lot and mostly before I could see what hit me

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

My best would have to be meeting my guildmates of Maelstrom. They had just done the second plot repo on Spirit, and some of them and I had been camping the same plot for around 10 hours. I got the plot and they were way mad about it, they owned a ton of the land in Lerena, and they wanted that plot to go with the rest. Within a few weeks I had made friends with them, and I remain a member of Maelstrom to this day.
    Malacast
    100/100 Dragon
    Drizzat
    140/186 rated Sslisk

Maelstrom
    Order

I remember being able to dig T1 stone and gems near the craft-lair in Chiconis...I also remember being near-flattened almost every time I walked past spider island, off of Kion Shore, when it was actually inhabited by spiders of all sorts. Was pretty nerve-wracking, trying to slip by the lvl 15 or so 'spider gatherers' as a mere lvl 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarya View Post
    There was a plague? aaaw I miss all the fun!
    no it wasnt fun ... the devs swore that you could not get it from an NPC and you could and given you couldn't cure the NPC it was a disgustingly disruptive event. Interesting social experiement but no it wasn't fun.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

Peach will remember that one ....

First plot I ever owned (post merge) was in sacntuary bay .... Heather came to help me. I told her to watch for the wolf. That stupid mutt wandered in middle of my plot 3 times per day. In those day she was a frail crafter affraid of any mobs. She got spooked and manage to run away with half her life just to run into the golem up the hill.

She has certainly grown those days where we rescued her.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalrach View Post
    Peach will remember that one ....

First plot I ever owned (post merge) was in sacntuary bay .... Heather came to help me. I told her to watch for the wolf. That stupid mutt wandered in middle of my plot 3 times per day. In those day she was a frail crafter affraid of any mobs. She got spooked and manage to run away with half her life just to run into the golem up the hill.

She has certainly grown those days where we rescued her.

*chuckles* Yep, I realized then, that I had no choice but to work on adventure, to survive. And, as you well know, that became a priority over crafting, and well worth the investment. Cuz now, I can focus solely on crafting!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Ok, here's an old one for you Dawn sharders.

Battle of merger, Kion shrine. Tagath and everyone available bound at Kion shrine. Anyone who wanted to join in, we told to bind at the shrine so even all the clerics and healers could be attacking and not worry about resurrecting. Everyone knew multiple death points were GOING to happen. I don't know how many hours it went on, but the beasties and the battle never made it far past that shrine. Just when the entire throng of Gifteds was wiped out due to massive waves of damage (NO! Don't hit the magic user with melee! *swipe* *SPLAT* Here we go again), everyone would recall and, being bound to the shrine where they died, kept right on fighting. Tagath still wants a tier 7 essence siphon for me the next time a level 120 large green wisp shows up.

My best memory was the day I made the fifth construction class. Enchanter took me forever to get because I couldn't raise scholar fast enough. I was running sandstone from the Dalimond area to the little awninged hideyhole near the cows and dim wisps. I made essence siphons and deconstructed them as fast as I could. Then when I turned around and announced it to Obsidian Order, I was given the unofficial title of Architect, because I was the first biped in guild to have all five classes. Several had all five covered by two or three alts, but none had the push for all five in one.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thumbs up Re: Walking down memory lane

I liked the end of the world battels when the servers were joined
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

I remember exactly one year ago, on Unity we celebrated our own Fall Harvest festival, because our database was already handed over and we had nothing to loose at this time. We all sat down at bristugio and celebrated, I gave all my Sog, reklar weapons and other lost weapones away to friends that they could enjoy them once a while. Also i gave costumes, masks and candy away that everone could take part in the festival, even we had no festival grounds. It was funny, but it has still a bitter aftertaste....

I miss my home, my friends,.... I miss my Dragon...

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

one of my earliest experiences still makes me chuckle... a couple of guildmates (auriel (spelling?) and moribund) were helping me level up cleric so that i'd be able to cast rez. the only armor i could find on a connie was this set of pink stuff that moribund teased me about. we went to where the ore golems were, in what is now mithril's anvil, for the hunt. auriel was pretty incredible, i think she was a level 60 bezerker or something, and moribund was nifty with the spellcasting support.

we cleared out the golems in several areas, and auriel was running about looking for more. i was having trouble keeping up with her, so finally i just put myself on 'follow'. the golems kept popping up just after auriel passed, and jumping me as the closest target - moribund was kept busy with rez :-/

of course the discussion was all about auriel trolling for golems with me as bait, and with the pink armor, moribund figured the golems thought i was not wearing anything and came out when they sighted the 'gnekkid gnome'. she began calling out warning that golems had spawned with 'gnekkid gnome sighted!'

this actually worked pretty well for the hunt... and then a dwarf in 'special pants' showed up. he heard moribund call, 'gnekkid gnome sighted!' and got all in a huff because he thought she was talking about him.

we sorted it out shortly, i made level 10 cleric so i could cast rez, and glocaug became a good friend; i think none of us will forget that day :-)

Quote Originally Posted by brainbasher View Post
    Who remembers the Plague!
    The chat was alive with news of the spread ...dragons where calling us infected ones to selected sites for healing.....that was a time of woe when that was unleashed

Ohhh yes i remember that....werent dragons immune to it?

And my best memories are still of my first days here in New Brommel ....maybe almost 3.5 years ago....the music there still takes me back

Aslo back when Dalimond was the trading hub and the big world "artifact" projects

Good ol' days for sure

I have too much to remember.... but let me take a stab at it:

I remember getting my first cargo disk, having played other MMORPGs where you can actually "drop" things on the ground where others can steal them, I became concerned that my disk would be carted off by some other player if I anchored it. (this was waaaay back before the beginning of time)

I also was doing my ROP just after they made the aggro changes that annoyed many people (Instant magnet to the lowest rank in the group) and it was really funny.... deadly but funny, to watch one dragon aggro a mob and the entire mob group ignore every player standing between me and the mob, to immediately start coming after me. They fixed this later, but I did my ROP having every mob fixated on my position.

One of the fondest memories is trying to out-think the resource server and gather gather gather 100 times more than you could carry because the resource server wasn't updating your inventory, and play the "guess when the server will catch up" game, and get to the machine before you became 3000 overburdened with a pack full of resources. Then to find guild mates to come unload your finished products after you have made them... or just make them into tools and deconstruct them for levels.

I remember the days of many guilds ignoring the adventuring part and trying to organize the guild to make money to be the first to afford the "Castle plot" at Izzon, near South March. (this was usually the breaking point for most guilds as they didn't want to log in just to craft for money) Later, guild plots eliminated the need for the Castle plot.

Running from dark stalkers trying to gather oak. (then later... the random bone marrow with gangs that roamed through there too.)

Seeing a blighted area for the first time.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Thread Information