Thread: Good spot for biped to do Cobalt?

Default Good spot for biped to do Cobalt?

Looking for a spot to do cobalt with my biped.

West of Morathaven is a great spot to do it as there are Rich/ML of both nickel and cobalt near a smelter, but it's a long way from a portal and without being able to fly travel time is bad.

North of Dralk is a decent spot for cobalt, but not much nickel up there and you have to drag it back to town to work it up.

Is there another spot that's better?

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: Good spot for biped to do Cobalt?

Simple way I work cobalt: Dralk/Acul.

Bind in Acul. Load up disk with nickel and leave at smelter. Teleport to Dralk. Fill inventory full of cobalt. Recall. Run up and process. When the disk gets empty, run out and fill it up.

Another place to get cobalt, though not as easily found, is the little blight patch north of Last Stand. It's not as rich as Dralk, but it is a cobalt field.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

If you're levelling fitter for monk, you can do plat tools instead with great benefit. There's one very good spot with both machines SW of the Hermit - just follow the road past his lair to its end. This field is linked with the one north of Dralk, the one past the T4 gems north of the oastics. No machines out there, but the run back to Dralk isn't too terrible.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    Simple way I work cobalt: Dralk/Acul.

Bind in Acul. Load up disk with nickel and leave at smelter. Teleport to Dralk. Fill inventory full of cobalt. Recall. Run up and process. When the disk gets empty, run out and fill it up.
    I'm confused. At my level (64 fitter) it takes 2 nickel and 4 cobalt ore for 1 cobalt bar. Wouldn't it be better to take a disk full of nickel to Dralk and leave it at a smelter there? Then run cobalt back and forth? Or am I missing something?

I'm not leveling fitter just for monk - I am doing it because I love building stuff. The strength bonus is just a plus for monk

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

my fave place for cob is in the kira tundra....there is plenty of both cob and nic, and a handy mws......but it is a long haul back to kira, if you are building things and not just making/decon for xp.....
    just watch out for the gols!!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech
    I'm confused. At my level (64 fitter) it takes 2 nickel and 4 cobalt ore for 1 cobalt bar. Wouldn't it be better to take a disk full of nickel to Dralk and leave it at a smelter there? Then run cobalt back and forth? Or am I missing something?
    I work from Acul because of the free teleport to every racial town. Call it personal preference. Also, my plot happens to be the northernmost 60x60 right before the smelter on the west side.

When I get my smelter up and running, it'll be journeyman.

And, if you're talking on Chaos, well, I'm certain you have a few good people up there with journeyman or expert smelters and/or a guildhall to bind there as well.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Not many options besides the ones suggested below. Though I would advise you to stay with Steel until you are 50% efficient with Cobalt as that gives 3:1 ratio instead of 4:2, which means a huge boost (half as many nickel required !).

For just cobalt often the Dralk field is empty.. and there is a nickel node hovering in there you can take. I used it for all my cobalt fitting work.

Thread Information