Thread: open mouth, insert foot

Red face open mouth, insert foot

I said something in a public chat the other day that really just came out wrong, and am still blushing/laughing at having done so. I was wondering how many others have made embarrassing public statements that they'd be willing to share. I'll share the one from the other day to get this thread started...

[MarketPlace: Gengel] many of Undead Shaman have completed expulsed my gifts and boons.
    <that statement made me think about how much i hate it when i get stripped of my buffs, so i started typing a roleplay way of expressing that>
    [MarketPlace: Gengel] *completely
    [MarketPlace: Starlight] thats a shamn for ya :P
    [MarketPlace: Menkure] If you want, we could check out the spire and you can use it on me
    [MarketPlace: Gengel] * nods to Starlight * So... I return the favor.
    [MarketPlace: Starlight] ok with me
    [MarketPlace: Menkure] that would be the best test
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] *mutters in annoyance under her breath about undead strippers being terrible*
    <i realized on seeing it that i did not put it quite the way i meant it>
    [MarketPlace: Menkure] o.O
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] omg that did not come out right
    [MarketPlace: Gengel] * chuckles *
    [MarketPlace: Starlight] thank menkure
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] *turns beat red*
    [MarketPlace: Menkure] *cough*
    [MarketPlace: Sonea] LOLOL
    [MarketPlace: Starlight] I resume shamn school an whys awdz so red now? :P
    [MarketPlace: Gengel] * wonders what Taverns Awdz visits and whispers * Sonea... ask her where she drinks.
    [MarketPlace: Menkure] I did not need that image in my mind..
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] i hate it when my buffs are stripped by undead spellcasters
    [MarketPlace: Starlight] hmm the undead strippers?
    [MarketPlace: Tsargoth] (LOL)
    [MarketPlace: Amecha] lol
    [MarketPlace: Starlight] so its another term that would define shamans :P
    [MarketPlace: Sonea] .. riiiggghhhttt...
    [MarketPlace: Tsilaros] Gnomes sure beat the kink. o.o
    [MarketPlace: Geryonn] Gives a whole new meaning ti "tipping"
    [MarketPlace: Starlight] hehe i was right :P

Default Re: open mouth, insert foot

I don't think there has been anyone that hasn't had one of those moments.. either be a misstell or a really badly worded sentence.

The worst one that I did would get me banned, and I was quite fearful that it was going to at the time it was said outloud in market. It was one of those misstell moments, and ironically was a comment I said privately to a friend in reference to Nadia's prices. Something about thornwood being involved....

Those who were there that night pretty much laughed and agreed.

I'm sure Lady Sonea will remember that one.

-Menkure

((on a related note.. forum rules apply.. so lets try and keep it clean! ))

I can't remember how it got worded, 'cause it was awhile ago, but I accidently propositioned a friend to have sex, basically.
    Casius, first lvl 100 Dragon.

Achiever 66.67%, Explorer 53.33%, Socializer 46.67% Killer 33.33%

Alright, so as long as we're confessing...

And I bet this is the most common type of mistake... I was grouped in Lavastorm in EQ with just one other player, and we weren't hunting mobs, let's just say. Instead of typing a rather long, detailed message to GROUP chat (/g), I accidentally sent it to GUILD chat (/gu). Oh, and I should add, it was with the guild leader who played a very "pure, innocent" paladin. Needless to say, thanks to my mistell that image went right out the window.

*blushes just thinking about it*

*sighs* Ah yes.. the typo gnome struck me with a vengance once... I still get teased about it in Dragon chat.
    Let me start by saying I move around using wsad and/or the mouse (this particular time it was wsad)
    This particular time I was busy fighting, and someone on the channel said something along the lines about roasting a giant chicken and eating it.
    I decided to chime in, mid-battle, by saying "Mmm...Chicken...*licks his lips*
    Unfortunately about the time I got to the lips part the beast I was fighting moved to the left.

Another similar instance was in wow, a group that I used to rp with frequently decided to have a skinny dipping party at the water fall between Elwein (Elwine/elwene/ however its spelled) and boring dust-bowl land. At anyrate I wanted to get a group photo of us jumping off a cliff into the river. Once I got everyone up there I typed /shout Ready? ...JUMP!
    Or at least thats what I meant. Sadly the "h" is right next to the "j".
    I've a third one thats actually a series of screenshots from my eq days. It involes a visit with a group of friends to Mist Moore, just after they upgraded to dx9, and people were having issues with collision and getting stuck in places...such as a bed...*cough* Really wish I could find disk those pics are on.

I was more curious about how you 2 used the spires? *G*
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

*rumbles with laughter at Lantua* Oh i remember that quite well, I actually have a screenshot of that entire discussion, but lets not skip Ainura's mishap there either! I know i've had some pretty bad mistells before but right now i can't think of one example... I'll come back if i do.

Gegis, Dranslin, Anvault, Kanmiel (Order)

Way back when....

I was in NT doing sandstone and on the way back into town with my disk I came across some grazing deer.. I got this notion to take a screen shot of me standing behind the deer and typing /ride.. it was going to be a funny pic.. however.. every time I ran up behind the deer.. it would walk off before I could type /ride..

needless to say.. I got frustrated and instead of sending a message to the group I was in.. I sent a message "dammit! I wish this deer would stand still long enough to mount it.." to guild chat...

from that point on.. I was always referred to as "deer lover"

They never let me live it down when we all moved over to WOW. They were like.. "Hey Shire! They have deer here too!!"

/shame

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Alright, so as long as we're confessing...

And I bet this is the most common type of mistake... I was grouped in Lavastorm in EQ with just one other player, and we weren't hunting mobs, let's just say. Instead of typing a rather long, detailed message to GROUP chat (/g), I accidentally sent it to GUILD chat (/gu). Oh, and I should add, it was with the guild leader who played a very "pure, innocent" paladin. Needless to say, thanks to my mistell that image went right out the window.

*blushes just thinking about it*
    If the paladin had a map and plan, he couldn't be too innocent, because those kind are ebil.

I was once helping to test a new communication system for the Army, a little like battlefield email is all I can describe it as. Well, since the main purpose was to communicate with other people in the same battle group, sent messages usually went to at least 25 different places at once. Some married couple that happened to be out in the field at the same time didn't know that and got off quite a few "personal" messages before someone got up the courage to tell them that the whole battalion was reading their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post

Another similar instance was in wow, a group that I used to rp with frequently decided to have a skinny dipping party at the water fall between Elwein (Elwine/elwene/ however its spelled) and boring dust-bowl land. At anyrate I wanted to get a group photo of us jumping off a cliff into the river. Once I got everyone up there I typed /shout Ready? ...JUMP!
    Or at least thats what I meant. Sadly the "h" is right next to the "j".
    *Laughs* I did that recently. Was going to meet a long-time friend and in an email I meant to type, "Jumps around excitidly" *SP*, instead I accidently said, "Humps around excitidly*
    Casius, first lvl 100 Dragon.

Achiever 66.67%, Explorer 53.33%, Socializer 46.67% Killer 33.33%

Rofl!!!

I've never done anything that emabarassing myself, but I've been grouped with people who did... once in EQ (in Mistmoore graveyard) our high elf enchantress started typing what she wanted to unzip and what she wanted to fondle, etc... after a couple such messages someone reminded her that she was in group chat and not a private /tell. She disbanded and logged... I don't recall ever seeing that character in the game again

Hmm, worst misstatement or embarrassing public moment...

Just a quick warning, the extremely squeamish or easily upset might want to skip this one.

I used to be a Victim Advocate for a local police department. One day I got a callout to respond to a suicide scene and assist the deceased's wife. When I arrived the coroner & the forensics folks were still working the scene. The officer in charge filled me in - the deceased had been found in bed by the wife, had been dead for several hours, cause was a single gunshot wound to the head. The wife was with the next-door neighbors.

I worked with her to get her a place to stay, talked to her employer, made some notification calls for her and so on until the investigation was completed and the scene was released. The OIC asked if I could clean up the scene a bit so that the wife could come over & get some extra clothes & personal items. One of her nephews had arrived at this point and he agreed to help.

We cleaned up the bed linens, but the mattress was, well, badly stained. The bottom was clean, so I suggested we just flip it over. The cousin agreed, commenting that at the least both the mattress and the box springs were going to be replaced.

"Good idea," I said. "This one's totally shot."

If I could have melted through the bullet hole in the bottom of the mattress and crawled away into a corner, I would have...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

First ROFLMAO

2 i play on chaos but might start a order toon for grins and giggles

3 when i was a Hyper Hachling i thought Valcor was Nothing to fear and i said i can take on any thing i was Wrong X_X

but i made it up there Valtur said Epion u get up to valcor and i will give u 5k hoard made it and got a Death point lol
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

not quite a chat slip-up, but I can't help thinking of this.

"I will take my brush from the warpaint,
    My foot from the warpath
    When you understand
    It is sadness that drives the wrath..."
    Buffalo
    Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers

LMAO! That's got to be the worst timing ever.

Was cleaning out some old links the other day and came across this little gem from long ago.
    When Typo's Turn Deadly

Was cleaning out some old links the other day and came across this little gem from long ago.
    When Typo's Turn Deadly

ROFLMAO!!!

When Typo's Turn Deadly
    OMG I'm laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes. That's just great.

When Typo's Turn Deadly

"I'm wwwaaaaaadddd!!"

"I will take my brush from the warpaint,
    My foot from the warpath
    When you understand
    It is sadness that drives the wrath..."
    Buffalo
    Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers

I remember being in absolute stitches over that page some years ago..

re-added it to my bookmarks

(as an ex-EQ player, I can SOOO relate!)
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Thread Information