Thread: Good Question

Default Good Question

Is there any way to change how you switch from blight to a normal server? Currently, If I want to play on blight I have to download new files.. and then to go back I have to download new files again.it's a pain in the butt! I was really hoping to help on blight and test stuff.. but, I won't if that's what is going to happen every time I switch servers.. It takes too long to download over and over.

Does anyone one have the same problems? any solutions?

thanks

Default Re: Good Question

I only play on Chaos, but this is probably a solution:

Patch from Blight using the website or standalone launcher. Then create a batch file for your Live character according to step 3 in this post: http://community.istaria.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289 (or use a modified shortcut with the same arguments like I do).

This is what I use to launch Horizons, and sometimes snatch some updates from Blight.

Note that it is possible that the Blight updates you use on the Live server might not work, or worse, break things. So keep a backup of your pref files
    Fidri Ragnir of Unity, dwarf cleric, amongst the living once again
    Firnas Ragnir of Chaos, elf warrior apprentice

I tried to set up batch files to do it automatically, but couldn't get it to work.

Currently I have it set up like this: Horizons installed in two directories (c:\games\horizons and c:\games\horizonsblight). Then I have two batch files - one renames c:\games\horizons to c:\games\horizonschaos and renames c:\games\horizonsblight to c:\games\horizons. I run this one when I want to play on Blight

Then my other one renames them back to their original names so I can play on Chaos.

Only problem is I have to remember which server I last played on and remember to switch it before running Horizons.

What I would like to do is have a batch file that checks for the existence of a directory and takes action based on what it finds (either renames it, or launches the game, etc.). I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

Let's see if I can explain this right... I usually have to ask Reyem to help me when I need to set it up again.

You need to have two files with the game folders. I use one called Tulga Blight and the other Tulga Games.

Then you need to create two Notepads files, here's what I have in one:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArtifactEntertainment]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArtifactEntertainment\ Horizons]
    "InstallDirectory"="C:\\Program Files\\Tulga Blight\\Horizons\\"
    @="C:\\Program Files\\Tulga Blight\\Horizons"
    "ALWAYSDELETE"="YES"
    "NewPatchVersion"="23"
    "AltDisplayX"="0"
    "AltDisplayY"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArtifactEntertainment\ Horizons\version]
    The other is
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArtifactEntertainment]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArtifactEntertainment\ Horizons]
    "InstallDirectory"="C:\\Program Files\\Tulga Games\\Horizons\\"
    @="C:\\Program Files\\Tulga Games\\Horizons"
    "ALWAYSDELETE"="YES"
    "NewPatchVersion"="23"
    "AltDisplayX"="0"
    "AltDisplayY"="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArtifactEntertainment\ Horizons\version]
    I feel like I am missing something. I'll ask Reyem later and update. But I know now that it's set up, I just click on the different Registry Editor items to switch servers.

Thank you for all the information given so far

Thread Information