Thread: Multiclass Ranger with what?

Default Multiclass Ranger with what?

I hope I am posting in the appropriate forum area.

I reactivated my acount a month ago and have a Saris:
    Ranger 31
    Druid 15
    Cleric 11
    Scout 17

My question is this, I am not surviving very well as a Ranger.
    Should I raise the Druid class or the Cleric class, or both?
    Are nature Spells enough to keep me alive or will the Cleric Life spells be better?

Thanks for the help.

Default Re: Multiclass Ranger with what?

well if ranger is gona be ya main id suggest just taking druid cause ranger can only use revitalizes an improvs of theman druid gets both with nature skill,

druid gets 10 nature so id definately lvl it up plus ya get cot and field of growth

take cleric if ya gona swtich between them cause druid can use all heal spells

imo lvl druid up first (like way up like 60 or so) since its easier then raise ranger with cot followed by scout an cleric

i had fun leveling up ranger as my main; i like being able to pull just one nasty and take it down just out of sight of the mob that could wipe me out.

i kept cleric at least half my ranger level, for healing support.

after i maxed out ranger with lots of bow skills, i found i did not have as much nature skill as i wanted, so i maxed out druid to compensate.

my favorite will always be with bow in hand, though :-)

*Raises Paw*

Having single classed Ranger to 100, then dabbled with multi-classing, Healer is a good route. Take cleric to 20th and switch to healer.

Healers can use Crossbow (something I had 800 skill with at 100th level ranger) which made it easy to kill the mobs I needed to accelerate my levels.

Healer gives you that advantage of self buffing yourself when you go to battle, and also great heals. Some spells carry over to Ranger if you go back to that route.

make sure you get 36 levels of mage! for that Perfect spell / multicast / Dark Cyclone you get at 96th level

Enjoy.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Thanks for the good info!

Also take mage to about 10 for the Fire, Ice and Energy attacks.
    Ruache: Dwarf Ranger 100, Craft lvl's 1900
    Hephestus: Ancient Dragon 100/100/100

I'm a level 100 Ranger as well. I didn't level druid past 20. Rangers get nature and I can use Dark Cyclone too. I am currently leveling up healer for better heals (lvl 72 I think). Once I get that to 100 I plan to take Mage to 36 like someone else suggested. Mages get a spell called "multicast" at level 18.. and you can use it as ranger if you get mage to 36 (double the level). I may go all the way to 100 with mage though. I really enjoy that class.

Dark Cyclone looks good but it's refresh time is crap.

I have a 100 Druid, 100 Reaver and am working on 100 Cleric.

Note the reaver as this gave me the means to level Druid and Cleric with ease, using spirit bolt etc..

It really does not matter what classes you level as long as you have fun doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorek View Post
    It really does not matter what classes you level as long as you have fun doing them.
    Thats the only way to play for me

Just wanted some advice as to how to live longer when lvl 28 Gurok's are killing me as a lvl 30 ranger. I have been away for a few years so I need to re-learn how I was surviving at lvl 30 again.

I am geeting it together though and with all this great advice I should be able to survive a lot longer!

Thanks again!

My advice would be to multiclass with some crafting schools... Weaver and Fitter come to mind here for some reason...
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

My Ranger started out as bringing up Ranger/Healer together, with Healer a few levels behind. I kept those early Mage levels to cast ice/flame/energy attack. I leveled fitter along side it to keep my strength up for damage.

Afterwards I leveled up Spiritist, and Conjurer. Spiritist gave me some panic abilities and syphons, nothing for attack. Conjurer let me increase my damage to crazy levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Fratricide View Post
    My advice would be to multiclass with some crafting schools... Weaver and Fitter come to mind here for some reason...

Sorry, I should have mentioned my craft schools....
    42 Fletcher
    51 Carpenter
    10 Black Smith

I am trying to get my combat skill to a suitable level for when I am harvesting in dangerouse areas. Elm was pretty easy to get without getting attacked but Oak and Maple seem to always have something lurking around that is way over my level of combat.

Treeants might be one of the hardest enemies for a ranger to fight... make sure you have a version of flame attack to override the nature damage of lightning arrows, it makes a massive difference. Also be very proactive in fighting the mobs off, do not wait until they are on you, and they have the ability to start healing each other, you'll never kill them.

Thread Information