Thread: Miami Mechanic

Default Miami Mechanic

Ever been to Miami and driven down US-1? Someone's engine dies and before they even have time to move the vehicle off the road, people are honking at it. I'll nicely call the horn a Miami Mechanic.

Makes a lot of noise, but doesn't fix anything...

Or make anyone feel any better.

Default Re: Miami Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Tokoz View Post
    Ever been to Miami and driven down US-1? Someone's engine dies and before they even have time to move the vehicle off the road, people are honking at it. I'll nicely call the horn a Miami Mechanic.

You are right, very clever but for the most past people are inpatient.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokoz View Post

Yep, its as if you told the car to break down right then and there, and to force the hands of those that get ticked off, as if it has never happened to them with breakdowns!

On my way home from a party last night there was a stopped car in the #2 lane on the 5 north; maybe there was an accident too, but it must have been cleared if so... anyway, all lanes were stopped for a few minutes. Some people got impatient and cut across a growing divider thing to an onramp to some other freeway, but nobody was honking their horn. Maybe we're just conditioned for traffic jams here in socal so it only mildly irritates us when we go from cruising along to stopped dead. :P

hehe.. for anyone who's lived on both sides of the country, like I have, there is a completely different mindset in traffic for the East and West coasts... Trust me..
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fratricide View Post
    hehe.. for anyone who's lived on both sides of the country, like I have, there is a completely different mindset in traffic for the East and West coasts... Trust me..
    Dont know where u live but in AZ its like this

Comming on to the free way &+*Welcom race fans we are headed for a nother great day on the 101 race way *and when a cop pulls on the free way we all go 2 by 2 by 2 and when he leaves where back to green flag racing

its almost like the cop car is like the az free way pace car
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

LC... thats the way it is pretty much everywhere... what I'm talking about is the mentality of the actual drivers... the East coast folks, seem to me, to feel that the road belongs to them and that everyone else needs to move out of their way so that they can travel on the road. the West Coast... folks seem to have some what more of a cordial attitude about driving.. you can actually merge into a lane without being cut off...

Don't get me wrong.. there are some shining examples of the complete opposite mentality in both realms.. but these generalizations seem to be granted towards the majority of the group.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fratricide View Post
    the East coast folks, seem to me, to feel that the road belongs to them and that everyone else needs to move out of their way so that they can travel on the road.
    People in France drive the same. Some even put me in extremely dangerous situations... Just because I was not driving fast enough for them. French drivers are nuts, I tell you. That's why I avoid driving a car as much as possible.

Thread Information