Thread: Combat Music Mod

Default Combat Music Mod

I modded the sound_music.def file so that you would have 20 (+1 boss music slot) slots to put whatever music you want. Rock sounds best IMO, I have various Disturbed tracks on mine. The music files need to be mp3's or I'm not sure if they will work, and if they do would require you to edit the def file. If anyone knows how to additionally make the game music so that there is a delay between ending the battle and the music ending (so that you can go from monster to monster without the tracks ending) I would be grateful.

You have to rename the music files:
    battle_1_loop.mp3
    battle_2_loop.mp3
    battle_3_loop.mp3
    battle_4_loop.mp3
    battle_5_loop.mp3
    battle_6_loop.mp3
    battle_7_loop.mp3
    battle_8_loop.mp3
    battle_9_loop.mp3
    battle_10_loop.mp3
    battle_11_loop.mp3
    battle_12_loop.mp3
    battle_13_loop.mp3
    battle_14_loop.mp3
    battle_15_loop.mp3
    battle_16_loop.mp3
    battle_17_loop.mp3
    battle_18_loop.mp3
    battle_19_loop.mp3
    battle_20_loop.mp3

Unzip the attachment into your Horizons folder in Program Files. It'll automatically create all the necessary paths. You just have to add music. To revert to the original music, just delete the folder.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Combat Music Mod

This I'm going to have to take a look at once I have a moment.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Default Re: Combat Music Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Dracanius View Post
    If anyone knows how to additionally make the game music so that there is a delay between ending the battle and the music ending (so that you can go from monster to monster without the tracks ending) I would be grateful.
    This is a problem because when you're fighting monsters, the songs don't even get to the actual singing before it ends. I would like to have it so they don't end when I have multiple aggro's of Icy Dires, since as of now it doesn't sound too great. I'm sure it'll be better if I were killing stronger mobs, but hey.

Thread Information