Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horizons on Linux via Wine

Default Re: Horizons on Linux via Wine

Creative soundcards have issues with Istaria on both Windows and Linux. Try disabling sound in Wine, Flexxall.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Well unfortunately disabling sound in wine didnt help. I have also tried stopping xserver and running from xterm to bypass anything that might be interfering but that didnt help either. Looks like for now I'm stuck booting up win xp to play

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    Creative soundcards have issues with Istaria on both Windows and Linux. Try disabling sound in Wine, Flexxall.
    News to me... perhaps it's a conflict with a particular chipset that causes the issues. Oh well I'll stop typing and get ingame for once lol... I think it's a full moon tonight so I must be due for a hunt.

Rakku

Sorry to revive this, but is there any way possible to get this working without using a dual-boot to Windows?

This is mostly just for a friend of mine who wants to get in. I'm running windows myself - would I be able to get the correct information for him from a windows dual boot by logging in myself? I'd assume so, but I don't want to jump to conclusions.

Well... this thread explains exactly how to to without dual-booting. It requires Wine, though.

Buh? What are you trying to do again?

(hint: avoid the use of 'this' and 'it', substitue more specific nouns instead)

Lightbulb Re: Horizons on Linux via Wine

The java launcher makes dualbooting to get the character values obsolete.
    If somebody for some reason doesn't want to install the sun-jdk to get it running... I have a python launcher in the works which is cmdline only, just drop me a pm if your interested.

If all you need is the login parameters (publickey, biote id, shard, etc..) use whatever web browser you have to log in and get to the page where you'd normally click on 'Play Horizons'. The button will be disabled since the activex control won't be loaded, but that's okay, you don't need it. View the page source, and you'll find the info you need, stored in hidden form variables. (input type=hidden)

Thread Information